Chapter 1/1

Skin and Bones

    You walk into the classroom with your friend like you two normally do.  The students in the back are talking about something in a killer volume, but you decide to tone them out.  You crack your neck and wipe a bit of sweat from your forehead. You read that the weather was supposed to be cold today, but the heater must have been set on high.  Deciding that you could be okay without your jacket this time, you take your jacket off and hang it on the chair you're in front of.

 

"Woah!"  A student stopped and stood straight up.  "I didn't know skeletons could study!" He said as he pointed at you.


 

You look down at yourself as those students started laughing.  "Hey, don't listen to them." Your friend said while flipping her hair.

 

"It's kinda hard not to.."  You whispered before getting something thrown at you.


 

You look at the crumpled paper and open it.  Your expression scrunches as you see the drawing.  "That'll be your 207th bone." The man who you guess threw the paper at you said.


 

You huff and toss the paper elsewhere.  "In your dreams.." You mumbled with a pout.

 

"Isn't it against the law to have a corpse in a school?"  One of the girls sitting next to them said.


 

You look at them with tears starting.  "I'm not a skeleton.." You said in a small voice.


 

They tell more crude things that have the tears finally trail down your cheeks.  "Apparently this skin isn't real..?" You start up. "And these veins are just for show."  You show your arms. "No, I'm a skeleton alright." You laughed pathetically.


 

You started walking out of the classroom, despite your friend trying to keep you there.  You escaped the classroom before the professor arrived, making your friend unable to follow you.


 

You run into the bathroom and go to the big stall at the end.  Leaning against the rather clean wall, you start audibly crying while holding your waist.  Looking into the mirror provided, you can't get the images of your bones out of your vision.  I lost weight, not turned anorexic.. I'm a healthy weight..  You tried telling yourself.

 

You checked the scale this morning and you're at your target weight.  Any lower and it might be too much. But it was perfect. You just haven't built your muscles up.


 

You heard the main bathroom door open.  You start becoming silent. You hear someone lean against the wall next to your stall.


 

"Y/N.."  You heard a classmate's voice.  Jeonghan..  You recognized his voice even though he rarely speaks in the classroom.

 

"Y/N, don't listen to them.. they're just jerks who like to cause drama."  Jeonghan said, an obvious pout in his voice. "But they're right. You do look like a skeleton."  He continued with a small sigh.


 

You stay silent.  Great, silent-Jeonghan is making fun of me..  You inwardly sigh.

 

Jeonghan cleared his throat.  "But I'm not saying that as a rude thing.  I've been worried recently." He confessed.  "Your clothes have been hanging on you and.. Seeing your arms today was sad.

 

"I don't want you to suffer."  He continued. "I don't want you to unintentionally hurt yourself.  I know you're at your goal weight, but even I have some fat on my body."  He mumbled, however you understood perfectly.


 

You wipe a tear.  "So if nothing else, please make sure you're happy.  I couldn't imagine you hurting yourself to just please the scale."  He said as he lifted himself from the wall. 


 

You decide to finally look at him.  You open the stall door and look up at him.  He looked into your eyes and slowly lifted his hand to cup your cheek.  He thumbed away some tears. "Thank you.. Jeonghan.." You mutter weakly.


 

Jeonghan cautiously puts his arms around you, bringing you into a hug.  You put your arms around his waist, hugging him like a big teddy bear. He rubs up and down your back when you start heavily swallowing. 


 

The bathroom door opened and a woman was surprised to see Jeonghan in the bathroom.  You two slowly separate and you wipe your eyes. "Let's.. go.." You muttered.

 

He gently held your hand and walked you out of the bathroom.  "We're gonna have to make up the class, you know." He teased as he walked you to the lobby of the building.

 

"Sorry.."  You smiled as he sat you down on a couch.
 

He shrugged and held your hand, thumbing your knuckles.  "If I stayed there I might have said something I would regret."  He whispered before kissing your hand.


 

You purse your lips as you two make eye contact.  "Really, thank you." You said to him.


 

"Let's go out for lunch, my treat."  He suggested. "Get whatever you want, even if it's just a salad."


 

You nodded and let him hug you again.