That Didn't End Well

Subverting Expectations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

News, or more like gossip, spread like wildfire after 2 pictures were posted on Swing Uni's social media by an unknown source. It shows 2 people hugging but that alone caused a lot of gossip and rumors to be made since the girl prominent in the pictures was Swing University's Unicorn and captain of the women's basketball team, Ahn Yujin. The identity of the other girl she was hugging remained unknown but that didn't stop nosy students and teachers alike to come up with crazy rumors. Others even took this chance to ruin said captain's reputation, one example would be the man who took both pictures a.k.a Hwang Hyunjin. 

After the heated make out session between Minjoo and Hyunjin, one by one they left the closet to ensure that no one would question them or have suspicions. They both went back to their respective rooms and acted like nothing happened before. 

 

 

"So Ms. Captain is cheating on her hot girlfriend, huh?" One of the students said which got Hyunjin's attention. "I heard she even ditched their lunch date coz she was finding someone." Another student said. Hyunjin was just laughing to himself, giving himself a pat on the back since he managed to reach his goal. "But what if they're not really a couple. What if the girl was just showing her gratitude to Ahn?" One of the more logical thinking student said but he was just ignored. 

 

"My job here is done. Well done Hyunjin; you ruined the enemy of your captain's name, and you got her girl. Jackpot!" Hyunjin said to himself before going on his phone to check the status of the post he made. He saw many comments trying to say that Yujin is a cheater and that Minjoo deserves someone better, while other comments are defending the basketball player. There was one comment though that caught his attention; the account had no picture, a bunch of numbers as a name, and was terrifying as all hell. 

 

"WHOEVER UPLOADED THIS, I'LL COME FOR YOU" 

 

He brushed this off as maybe a burner account of a fake account until his phone vibrated, signalling a text message. He would lie if he said that he got chills when he read the text. 

 

"Sup, Hwang Hyunjin. I see you got 'em pics of Yujin hugging the girl. You spread them without their consent now Yujin broke up with Minjoo. Are 'ya happy now? Let's see, go to the rooftop later after class, we need to talk." 

 

Hyunjin got shivers but he thought nothing of it (he failed.) The text kept running through his mind to the point he was spacing out and didn't notice Chan and the others calling him. "Oi, mate. We gonna eat our cut lunch, 'ya coming or what?"  Hyunjin snapped out of his trance and hurriedly gathered his things and join the others. "Ye-yeah, I'll be right there." 

At the same time... 

"Hey, look! It's the cheater!" Yujin was surprised to hear those words from her fellow schoolmates. Was there someone who cheated? I don't remember anything about this. she said to herself. She continued walking through the busy hallways off the school, trying to ignore the glares many juniors sent her. She stopped when she saw someone being cornered by a bunch of girls, the sight alone making her blood boil. 

 

"Please...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter