Oh No...

Subverting Expectations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someone's POV:

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

The doorbell kept ringing and ringing until it just... stopped. I pretended to be asleep since my mind kept making me open the door to the house, but my body said a hard NO. When the ringing stopped, I thought I could finally have my well-deserved rest... boy was I wrong.

"YAH KWON EUNBI! WAKE THE F*** UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!" The voice outside said as they banged my door, forcing me to finally get up from my bed, ending my beauty rest. I went out of my room, pissed since I didn't get to rest but I was quickly woken up by my roommate who alrady in her uniform, glaring at me for some reason. "What? What's with the glare?" I asked my rommate but she just looked at me, waiting for me to maybe realize something. I tried looking at where her eyes were on and I saw nothing bad except... oh.

 

"7:30..." I scratched my nape, trying to hide my embarrasment. Why am I embarrassed? Well, nothing much just the fact that THE KWON EUNBI, Captain of the Cheerleading Squad and lyrical genius of the school band Ye-Z, the most popular girl in university (not my fault I got mad visuals), is gonna be late for their first day of legit classes (the days after the "Hi My name is..." part of school).

"Way to go being the face of the school, Eunbi-unnie. This is the best way to set an example for all the younger students... being late hahahaha-" The girl was cut-off by a ufp, an "UNIDENTIFIED FLYING PILLOW", courtesy of one embarrassed Kwon Eunbi. "Just wait for me in the car, Chaewon-ah." The girl, Kim Chaewon a.k.a the 2nd best cheerleader in the squad and Eunbi's younger cousin, just nodded and went to the car and waited in the passenger's seat. Eunbi just sighed and got ready for university.

They barely made it on time because apparently, traffic was toying with them all throughout the journey but they weren't given any punishment or sanctions. Why? Because...

"1 minute before time, that's a new record Ms. Kwon. Also you, Ms. Kim. Fancy seeing you late. What should we do with the two of you?" The principal, Ms. Bae Yoonjung, said while holding her meter stick. "Uhhhh... Maybe just add more paperwork? Or take away a practice day, yeah. We're really sorry ma'am." Chaewon tried to negotiate with the scary principal but was shocked to hear her cousin talk causally with the principal. 

"Just give us more paperwork, Auntie. We won't be late again, we promise." Eunbi just bowed and the principal agreed. Chaewon slapped herself internally for forgetting that Bae Yoonjung was Eunbi's godmother which gave her the popularity and power in the school.

 

Class was going well for the cousins; made new friends (more like acquaintances or victims), got new admirers, and got a lot of praise from the teachers of the prestigious school. Right, they're studying at Swing University, formerly known as Off The Record but was bought by Stone Enterprises. The school was a co-ed, boys and girls are able to coexist in the school. Only the smartest, most athletic, and richest students are able to study here, and Kwon Eunbi and Kim Chaewon were all three.

They arrived at the cafeteria and were met with admirers from different years ranging from male freshmen to even female seniors. Most prominent of all was the captain of the Men's Basketball team, Christopher Bang, an Australian exchange student who has been courting Eunbi for the last 3 years. He was very popular with the girls too, being able to hit shots with limitless range and got the nickname Swing's Curry because of it.

"Hey, beautiful. Wanna grab lunch together? Me and the boys are eating there so you can bring your cousin too, we have someone to introduce to her." Chan said as he led the two girls to their table with a surprised look from one of the players. "Alright, Kim Chaewon, I want you to meet my Aussie brother-"

 

"KIM YONGBOK!" Chaewon screamed, which got the attention of the whole cafeteria and got Chan pissed since he doesn't like getting cut-off, hugging the guy tightly. "Hey, sis. You can let go now I can't breathe." Yongbok said, tapping his sister's back asking for air. "Hello to you too, Eunbi-noona." Eunbi just nodded, trying to exude her intimidating aura, scaring the others walking by them.

The siblings continued talking as the three moved t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter