Sparked Contraversy

Subverting Expectations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyewon-unnie?"  Yujin looked at the beaten up girl and saw the familiar face. It fueled her even more since not only was Chan beating up a student, a female student, but he was beating up her FAVORITE COUSIN/UNNIE. 

Hyewon was beyond surprised; she never knew her younger cousin studied in the school, but she wasn't surprised to see her wearing the team's jersey since she knew from the start Yujin was a born athlete. She looked terrified but felt a little safe now that Yujin had come, but the others looked more scared towards Yujin than the guy beating her up. 

 

"Cap, stop! You're gonna kill him!" Yena said as the other girls tried to get the two people away from each other. "What the hell is your problem, Ahn?" Chan brushed off his teammates while glaring at Yujin. "The are you doing to her, huh? You're trying to kill the girl! What the hell is YOUR problem?" Yujin spat at the man who was still fuming. Hyewon hid behind her cousin, clutching onto the back of her jersey, tears beginning to stain said jersey. 

 

"Y-Yujinnie... stop..." Hyewon pleaded, trying to calm her cousin's nerves. 

 

"Don't ever touch her again or you'll wish you never went to this school. EVER." Yujin let go of his collar, letting hiim fall to the ground. Chan cursed her before walking away with his teammates. Yujin rushed to Hyewon's side, checking if her unnie is ok. Her anger got control of herself which led to Chan getting bruises but she regrets nothing, especially if people are bad-mouthing Hyewon. 

"It's ok, unnie. He's gone. Nobody will hurt you anymore." Yujin hugged Hyewon and the latter started crying again. Yena and the other members were in awe seeing their team captain in such a soft state it made their hearts melt. They never saw this side of Yujin, even when they joined her and Minju on their dates. 

 

"Uhhh Cap... Are the rumors true? She's-" 

 

"Adopted, yes. My aunt and uncle adopted her when she was 10 since she worked for them in their little bakery since Hyewon-unnie needed money to support herself. They agreed and it went on until the day my aunt decided to finally adopt her. And here she is now, all bruised up because the people in this school can't accept her. Her parent ing died a few days ago! I swear to god if anyone lays a hand on her, I'll make them pay." Anger was in Yujin's voice as she said the last part; seeing her favorite cousin mentally and emotionally suffering for the past few days hurt her too, but now seeing her physically suffering as well, it made her want to protect her in any way possible. 

"Don't worry Cap! We'll help you take care of Hyewon here. We were about to take a vote in letting her in the team but seeing her play, we don't need to vote. She's as good as anyone of us here, it surprised me." Yena said, patting Yujin's back as a sign of assurance that they'll do whatever they can to care and protect their captain's cousin.

"Thanks guys, I knew I'd count on you guys." Yujin approached the girl hugging her knees, trying not to cry. "You hear that, Hyewon-unnie? No one is going to hurt you anymore. You have me, you have the whole team. We'll keep you safe." Yujin said before kissing the top of Hyewon's head, making Hyewon feel safe and the other members coo at the sweet gesture their captain did.  

 

Unknowingly, a few pairs of eyes saw this little interaction. Not only eyes, but cameras took the chance to see what's happening. 

 

 

 

"Time to ruin someone's reputation." a voice said while snickering. 

Then next few days came by pretty quickly; people still murmur when she passes by, people try cat-calling her but she ignores them, other tried to hit it off with Hyewon but she knew that they just wanted to take someone into thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter