Chapter 2

That office where I used to love you.
Please log in to read the full chapter

[Yuna's pov]

I could hear some of Mr Park's conversation with his fiancee.

"Alright, I'll be home soon."

I smiled sadly as I tidied my desk and arranged the files.

"Yuna-ah!"

I turned to see the four girls I love spending time with. Yerin unnie linked arms with me.

"Let's go for barbecue!"

"Cool! Barbecue on me!"

We all cheered as we linked arms and walked to the barbecue restaurant. The girls were chatting while I drank out of my beer glass silently.

"Yuna, what's wrong?"

I sent a fake smile to Sowon unnie but she wasn't buying it.

"Now you know that doesn't work against me. What happened?"

"Mr Park..." I sighed, "He has a fiancee..."

The four girls looked at each other before turning back to me.

"What? That can't be..."

I took another sip of beer as I grabbed a piece of meat, "I saw her today... she's so different from me. Beautiful... Elegant and most importantly, the one for Mr Park. Compared to her... I'm just a bum from the streets..."

"Yuna... are you sure?"

I drunkishly smiled, "I am sure. A 10000% sure."

Eunha glanced at me, "Don't be sad Yuna, you have us!"

I nod as I wiped my tears away. The five of us then clinked our beer cups.

[Jimin's pov]

I entered the front door of my house as I loosened my tie. Jihyo and Yewon were giggling on the couch together.

"Oppa! You're home!"

 I nod as I headed to my room and changed into some comfortable clothes. I joined the two of them as we ate dinner at the dining table.

"Oppa, how did it go?"

"How did what go?"

Jihyo got frustrated, "Yuna~ How did it go?"

I looked up from my rice bowl, "Did you say anything weird to her? She has been avoiding me."

"Nothing weird..."

I squinted as I looked at her, "Park Jihyo."

"Fine, fine. I told her I was your fiancee."

"Ya-"

"Oppa, relax." Yewon grabbed my arm, "I'm sure Jihyo unnie has a plan to counter that."

I looked at her warily, "Are you confident?"

Jihyo scoffed, "Oh my- I'm Park Jihyo! I have my ways!"

"Fine. Don't do anything weird this time."

"Ya ya ya. I won't."

[Jihyo's pov]

I woke up the next day and got dressed in a white top with some flared pants and ruffled jacket. I curled my hair a little as I applied some light makeup. I grabbed my purse and then headed out the door to the driver, Mr Kwon.

"Kwon, have you got the reports from the guards?"

"Yes, My lady. I did."

"Give it to me."

Kwon handed me the brown envelope and I placed it in my bag. I exited the car and slammed the door shut as Kwon drove off. I waited for a lift near the lobby.

"Noona?"

I thought my ears and eyes were both playing a game on me as I turned to the familiar voice.

"You work here?"

It was Dokyeom. 

"Yes, I do."

I sighed as the elevator door opened and we both entered.

"Noona, why are you here?"

"I don't know, why are you here kid?"

"My internship is here/"

"Alright, good luck."

The elevator arrived at my floor and I exited. The receptionist greeted me as my heels clicked angrily against the floor. I entered my brother's office, gripping onto the envelope tightly.

"Oppa!"

I closed the door behind me and whispered into his ears.

[Yuna's pov]

I watched sadly as CEO Park's fiancee entered his office. I never expected to see her again. Whenever she is in front of me, I know that my dreams of Mr Park has to be erased. I sighed heavily as I entered Mr Park's office, holding onto a tray with two cups of water. The both of them were standing at close proximity.

"Mr Park, I brought water."

They both turned to look at me as I walked over and placed the cup down. I lost my balance at the second cup and the water spilled over the lady. The brown envelope on the table also got wet.

"The report!"

"I'm so sorry!"

I bowed profusely as Mr Park handed her some napkins while I tried to dry the table.

"I'm so sorry!"

The fiancee smiles, "It's just an accident, it's fine."

I bowed again before excusing myself.

[Jihyo's pov]

I watched Yuna's back as she left the view. I threw the wet tissues I had in my hands and stood up.

"I like this girl."

My brother stood up, "So...?"

I pat his shoulder, "Let's grab dinner with her."

"What are you going to do again?"\

"You'll see," I grab my bag as I pulled out another folder, "Here, the real documents."

"Have you checked everything? They might have stolen some files."

I nod, "I tried my best to disconnect the computers as soon as possible,

Please log in to read the full chapter