Chapter 1

That office where I used to love you.
Please log in to read the full chapter

[Yuna's pov]

My name is Choi Yuna, I am the secretary of CEO Park Jimin the future heir of Chairman Park. The Park Clan is one of the most powerful clans in the world with connections to the King Hyeokgeose of the Silla Kingdom. With connections to more than thousands of years connected to long-lines of Royalty, you should know why they are so powerful (A/N: That's why Jimin looks like a literal King) I also happen to have a crush on him but I know we aren't meant to-

"Yuna?"

A hand waved in front of my eyes and I looked up to see CEO Park smiling at me slightly.

I stood up in a flash and bowed slightly, "Mr Park."

He smiled at me, "Dazing again?"

I smiled awkwardly as he passed me the document I needed him to sign which I took. Just then Yerin knocked on the glass door to Mr Park's office.

"Mr Park," He nods in response to Yerin's greeting as Yerin turns to me, "Yuna.. someone is looking for you outside."

I looked at Mr Park, "I'll go out for a while."

Mr Park did not response but turn back to his computer screen. I had a little disappointment but wiped it off as Yerin dragged me out by the wrist.

"Yerin Unnie, who is it?"

"I'm not sure... But it's a handsome guy."

I walked to the reception to see the back of a guy, scanning him when he turned. It was Dokyeom, my blind date partner. He was holding a box as he approached me with quick steps.

“Why are you here?”

He smiled and held out the box with a Louis Vuitton logo on it, I got this for you.

‘Wow… it’s my favourite bag’

I held out my hand hesitant if I should accept it or not. Just then a hand grabbed my outreaching hand and pulled me into the office.

I looked at the backview, “Mr Park?”

“Is there something wrong Mr Park?”

I looked at his almost red, fuming face as I tilt my head.

“Who is he?”

“What?”

“Who is he?”

“The guy from the lobby?”

He looks away and gives a slight nod.

“That’s my blind date partner.”

Mr Park looked at my smiling face and approached me as I looked at him. He walked towards me and I took a step back until my back hit the wall. He placed an arm next to my head like the male leads in the Korean dramas and leaned near my ear.

“I don’t allow you to smile while talking about other men.”

I was shocked and we made eye contact while we were so close, I could almost feel his lips on mine.

Just then the door opened with Hwang Eunbi who was holding onto a folder, “Boss your-”

There was awkward silence in the air and Eunbi smiled awkwardly, “Continue please! SO SORRY!” She left in a hurry and closed the door behind her.

We moved away from each other as Mr Park cleared his throat.

“If nothing else Mr Park, I’ll leave you to your work… I’ll be at the front desk.”

Mr Park nods as I turn my heel and leave the office.

[Jimin’s pov]

I watched as she left the room. That darn Hwang Eunbi just interrupted our moment… should I cut her pay? I looked back as I see Yuna’s clear eyes that look back at me while our lips almost touched. Then I recalled why I even landed in that jealous state earlier, that blind date guy. No one stands between me and Yuna… let me see how I can keep him far away…

I pulled out my phone as I dialed a number.

An annoyed voice answer, “What is it?”

Calling: Annoying Sis
00:01

“I got a plan for you…”

“Cut the talk.”

“Alright, geez. What’s up this morning, did someone trample over your makeup?”

“No, you trampled over my sleep. Just cut the crap and tell me what is it?”

“Need your help.”

“What? Love trouble?”

“Kinda. A guy is stealing my girl.”

“Just do what you normally do… ban him from the business world.”

“Park Jihyo.”

“That’s my name.”

“He’s your type.”

“Really, oppa?”

“Yes.”

“Picture?”

I opened Kakaotalk and sent a Message.

Chat: Annoying Sister

Me: Here           

Photo of Dokyeom

Annoying Sister:
seen

“Damn he hot bro. He be beating you to catching Yuna unnie, even if I never met her.”

I scowled, “Shut up before I cut your allowance.”

“Chillax bro, who’s been on your nerve?”

“You and that guy.”

“Right. Anyway… just set up a date for me with him then.”

“You gonna help?”

“Only if you increase my allowance.”

I rolled my eyes, “Only this time.”

“Whatever bro, bye.”

[Jihyo’s pov]

Got trampled over from my beauty sleep because of my idiot brother who’s crushin’ so hard on his secretary. Damn, I got to go to the office today to see how this secretary is like. She gotta be some powerful woman to be able to melt that stone heart of a CEO. If she really is that worth it then I’ll consider going on a blind date with that Dokyeom guy.

“Miss, your breakfast is ready.”

I nod as our old housekeeper, Mdm An or Grandma An as I call, knocked on my door.

“Coming, Grandma An!”

I rushed down the stairs as I joined the breakfast table with my younger sister, Yewon.

“Hey Yewon!”

“You’re early today, Unnie.”

I chuckled as mom and dad came over and joined us.

“Well… Oppa needs help at the office, I’m going over.”

Mom looks in a worry, “Is it important?”

I chuckled, “Love problem.”

“With Yuna unnie again?”

Yewon’s sharp comment made my day.

“Bingo.”

My mom placed her chopsticks down at the mention of Yuna, “Did something happen?”

I shrugged, “Dunno, Oppa just said Yuna had a blind date come find her and so he needs my help with it.”

Yuna has always been a mealtime topic since she’s been friends with Yewon since university but we never had an official dinner with her before. I quickly ate my breakfast which was rice, fried fish and some side dishes along with seaweed soup.

“Mom! I’m off now!”

I stepped out of two-storey white house. I left the black gates that closed behind my white car. I checked my dressing, a blue top paired with jeans and a jacket. A few rings on my fingers and I grabbed my black handbag, wearing my sunglasses as I drove into the roundabout in front of the building.

“Young Mistress.”

The greeter bowed and I handed my keys to him as he helped park my car. I entered the office building with my heels clicking as I looked around the lobby, white modern designs with a reception in front. The reception lady greeted me and I tapped my acrylic nails on the top as a girl who looked like she was in her early twenties approached me. She was dressed in a white top paired with a black ruffle jacket with black flowy pants and a silver chain. She held onto a folder as she approached me.

“Miss, my name is Yuna. I am Mr Park’s secretary, how can I help you?”

I took off my sunglasses and I was shocked. I mean, I could tell that she was beautiful with my glasses but damn she’s an angel.

“Miss?” She waved her hand slightly.

I smiled as she gave a smile back, “So… you’re Yuna?”

She nods, “Yes.”

I scanned her slightly and muttered under my breath, “Now I know why Jimin Oppa likes you.”

“Let me bring you up to the conference room so you can meet Mr Park.”

“No, actually. Can you drop your things and just follow me?”

Yuna looked at me hesitantly and I snatched her file from her hands and left it on the reception counter which the lady took and bowed. I grabbed her wrist and brought her to my car. I drove us to a hotpot place. I ordered while she sat her looking confused.

“Yuna, you are Jimin oppa’s secretary?”

She nods. I love her innocence and wanted to prank her slightly.

“Do you know who I am?”

“No… Are you his girlfriend?”

I shook my head, “Nah… he’s my fiancé, it’s been a while.”

[Yuna’s pov]

Fiancé? I hope she didn’t heard about the rumors and got upset by me… now I can’t even like Mr Park anymore. I tried to hide my disappointment as I walked over to the sauce station to make my own sauce from the different individual condiments they had. I was in a daze while I sat down.

“Miss Choi?”

I snapped out of my daze and knocked my chopsticks over as the lady called me. She helped call the waiter to replace my chopsticks. I watched her as my heart hurt for some reasons. As much as I knew how I could not be with Mr Park… I still wanted to be with him for as long as I could. Now that his fiancée came along, I would not be able to do that. I won’t want to break such a perfect couple up. They seem to be made for each other, beautiful and handsome while I am nothing.

“Are you not going to eat?”

I smiled awkwardly as I took some raw meat, dipping it into the boiling pot and I ate a few bites, stopping after a while as she smiled.

“Yuna, I hope you will help Jimin in the office… I heard many great things about you from him. You’re such a great help.”

I nod as I tried to hide my teary eyes and indulge in the meat.

“Is something wrong?”

I shook my head, “Excuse me for a moment.”

She nods as I left the table.

[Jihyo’s pov]

I could see the tears and disappointment in her eyes when I mentioned I’m Jimin Oppa’s fiancé. Unlike the many girls whom have been Jimin’s secretary, she’s the first one to shed tears. The previous were either after his money and status of being Mrs. Park or they wanted some position. I felt bad but this is how I test them before anything. I took out my phone when I saw a ding.

From: Irritating Brother
Is Yuna with you?

Me:
Yea why?

Irritating Brother:
Where are you guys?

Me:
Chill, I’ll bring her back in one piece.

‘Incoming call: Irritating Brother’
Answer Decline

“Hello?”

Please log in to read the full chapter