02

The Moment We Became Strangers...

"Sowon-ah!" Misun hugged her from behind when Sowon was on her way back home. "I heard about the offer that you got yesterday." she grinned. Sowon titled her head oblivious to what Misun was referring to.

"The drawing competition! Are you going to take part in it?"

"Ah right." Sowon shrugged. Yesterday she spent all the time thinking about her boyfriend's new behavior, so she didn't think about the offer at all.

"That's your chance to become famous for your art." Misun clapped her hands enthusiastically. 
"Yeah right." Sowon rolled her eyes, because she didn't believe that this will happen.

"You will send in your portfolio right?" -"Hmm maybe." Sowon said and searched for her iPod. Seeing her friend so uninterested misun slightly smacked her. "Yah you better do this, if not I'll tell Woohyun to force you." 

Would he even care? Sowon asked herself. In the past Woohyun was always the first person who would see her drawings, but nowadays he seemed so busy that he wouldn't even ask her about the pictures.

 

 


 

"So how do you find it?" Sowon turned her head to Woohyun, who has rested his chin on her shoulder. His arms were wrapped around her waist and he was examining her newest artwork.

"It looks pretty." he finally answered after some minutes.  "Only pretty?" Sowon pretended to be offended by his statement.

"Yes only pretty." Woohyun stuck out his tongue. "Because only my girlfriend is beautiful." he said making Sowon blush heavily.

Since his face was so close to hers Sowon couldn't hide her blushing from him.  "You are not only beautiful but also incredibly cute." Woohyun planted a kiss on her red cheek. 

"So am I the first one who has seen this picture?" He asked her. "Ani I've already showed it to some other friends and they said it looked beautiful." Sowon teased.

Hearing her answer Woohyun let go of Sowon and moved away. She was confused about his sudden action and went to him just to see Woohyun with a disappointed face.

"Yah what's with this face?" Sowon pocked woohyun's cheek, but he just ignored her.

After some minutes of being ignored Sowon blew her bang and used her aegyo to make Woohyun talk to her.

"Yah stop it. I am mad, because I wasn't the first to see this picture." he explained his attitude.

"That's all?" Sowon asked surprised about the reason.

"Am I the first-ranked in your heart?" he asked with a serious face making Sowon blink confused.

"Because to me you are the only girl that matters." 

Sowon was extremely touched by her boyfriend's sudden confession, but she tried her best to not grin like an idiot.

"You asked me if you are the only person in my heart?" Sowon asked and approached Woohyun. He crossed his arms and just nodded.

"Well then, does that answer your question?" Sowon placed her lips on Woohyun's.

 


 

You will always be my number 1. Sowon smiled when she had this flashback. 

 

-------------------------

 

While listening to music, Sowon was walking down the street without any clear direction. She just didn't want to go home.

She was admiring a cute couple t-shirt and other accessories when she suddenly noticed that it was already dark outside.
Aish Sunggyu will surely scold at me for walking home alone at such a time. Sowon sighed, remembering that her brother would sometimes act too overprotective, forgetting the fact that Sowon wasn't a little child anymore. 

Sowon pondered whether she should wait for the bus, but decided to walk home, since the display at the bus stop announced that the bus would have a delay of 20 minutes.

The girl was walking quickly down the road, taking some glimpses behind her.  Aish just because of Sunggyu I have become paranoid. She shocked her head and raised the volume of her iPod to get rid of the sounds that made her feel like she was followed by someone.

 

---------------------

 

Woohyun has spent all his afternoon walking around the streets of Seoul without any direction. He just wanted to have the time to over think his decision.

Woohyun has already thought about his relationship with Sowon for a while and nowadays he often doubted his feelings for her. Truth was : She was the only girl that mattered to him in the past, but currently he noticed that he got a lot more attracted to Seungyeon.

Yesterday he even ditched his girlfriend to spend a day with Seungyeon and for that reason, he hated himself.

Sowon was such a good person and he just cheated on her. How could he do this to her? The sister of his best friend?  Sunggyu would definitely kill him when he would find out about this.

 


 

"Yah you punk stop seducing my younger sister, arasso?" Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun's collar. 

"What?" The latter was totally confused about this statement and tried to free himself from his friend's grip.

"I have warned you. If you lay one finger on her I will kill you even though you are my best friend." he gave Woohyun a menacing look.

"Arasso arasso. I don't understand anything anyways." Woohyun chuckled seeing his friend this way.

 Woohyun and Sunggyu became best friends when Woohyun had moved to this neighborhood, but since they both spent more time at Woohyun's house, he didn't really know Sunggyu's sister well. 

He only knew that her name was Sowon and as far as he remembered she was also very pretty and at his age.

One day when Woohyun wasat Sunggyu's house to have a sleep over, he got closer to Sowon and eventually fell in love with her. 
Different from what he has expected Sunggyu has approved to their relationship and even said that he already had the feeling that his best friend and his sister would end up together. 

"Just never hurt her okay? Because I know that you are very important to her." Sunggyu has said with a serious face when Woohyun has told him about Sowon and him. "Otherwise you know, what I will do." Sunggyu cracked his knuckles.

Woohyun has just nodded. "Aigoo I can't even hurt you, because Sowon would never forgive me.

 


 

And you would never forgive me for hurting your sister right? Woohyun sighed and kicked a can in front of him.  When he looked up, he saw a familiar person walking quickly down the road. He quickened his steps to reach the girl and when he placed a hand on her shoulder, she turned around and slapped him.

Woohyun groaned and rubbed his arm.  "OMO it's you! I am so sorry." Sowon gasped.

"Guess I have deserved it." Woohyun mumbled.

"What did you say?" Sowon asked him. "Nothing, I just wondered why you were still outside at this time."  Woohyun lied to his girlfriend.

"I didn't want to go home...I needed some time to think about..stuffs." Sowon responded and put away her iPod. 

Woohyun could see the heart chain that he gave her at her 10th birthday. He was surprised that she still hasn't replaced this old chain. How can you not value her? Woohyun asked himself bitterly. You don't even deserve her He thought and wanted to slap himself mentally.

"Woohyun? Are you okay?" Sowon waved her hand in front of his eyes, which made him snap out of his thoughts.

He smiled at the concerned girl. "Sorry I am just  a little bit tired." 

"What a relief, I thought you didn't feel well. You know nowadays many people catch a cold. " Sowon remarked. "You should take care of yourself." 

 

--------------------------

 

The couple was walking in silence and sometimes Sowon's hand would "accidentally." brush Woohyun's .
He knew that she was doing it on purpose to make him hold her cold hand.

One side of him wanted to do the things he used to do, but he reminded himself that their relationship didn't have a future. You have to stop this before you will hurt her even more.

"Tonight the sky looks so amazing, don't you think so?" Sowon pointed to the bright stars above them with a huge grin.

"Yes you're right." Woohyun chuckled at Sowon's happy face. He was amazed how she appreciated things that seemed so simple to him.

"Woohyun look, I can even see the Namstar." she pointed to the brightest star and smiled.

I'll always name the brightest star after you. He remembered her words back then.

“Sowon-ah.” Woohyun finally had the courage to talk to his girlfriend. The girl looked up to him with big eyes waiting patiently for his question.
He knew that he had to get through it fast, because seeing her pure face just made him feel guiltier.

“Let’s…Let’s break up.” He stuttered avoiding her eyes.

Minutes, that seemed like ages passed and Sowon didn’t speak, which made Woohyun look up to see her reaction.
When he met Sowon’s eyes, they only reflected hurt: She didn’t cry, but he could see that her eyes became watery.

He knew that she tried hard to hold back her tears.

“Why?” She whispered but it was loud enough for him to hear. Woohyun was aware that she deserved to know the truth, but seeing her that way, he couldn’t say a word.

He could neither tell her that he only saw her as his best friend’s sister, nor tell her that he stopped loving her and loved another girl instead.

“Just tell me why.” She yelled when he didn’t give her an answer. She was about to cry he could tell it, after all they knew each other for more than 10 years, but he preferred her yelling at him than crying, showing him her vulnerable side.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I promised to update this yesterday, but i was busy updating my other story, so hope it's still fine ^^. In this chapter there were so many flashbacks O_o , but I guess I will keep them up, so that you guys will know how Sowon's and Woohyun's relationship used to be, it's okay right? Or is it strange to have a story full of flashbacks? :/

I would really appreciate it if you guys would leave some comments to tell me if it's okay, also feel free to subscribe ;)

 

@Juju-H: Yes Woohyun is such a bad guy to not value his relationship and I feel somehow bad for writing this even though Woohyun is my bias T.T

@ToAnyone-21: Wow you have followed the link I have added to 'Caught in Between Love and Lies' keke ;) Yes unfortunately Sowon will suffer in this story quite a lot :(

 

its_an_asian_thing