Cosplay

PROJECT WENRENE

Title: Cosplay

Au: Cosplaying!au Soulmates!au

Tags: Fluff, Slight Joygi

TW: N/A

Prompt: Joohyun and Seungwan meet eachother as characters from a popular ship.

Wordcount: 1249


"This is so tacky," Joohyun fiddles with her little red bandana, huffing in disappointment. She was wearing a Ruby from Steven Universe costume, the dislike in her face very obvious with the way her eyebrows knitted together.

"Oh come on, it doesn't look that bad. Also, it's not my fault you tore your Haikyuu cosplay. Ruby was the only extra I had, plus, beggars can't be choosers," Seulgi pats Joohyun's back, the older rolling her eyes in distaste but nonetheless following her. "At least you don't have to be coupled with someone."

"It's actually worse, people will think I don't have someone to cosplay Sapphire to match with me."

"Well, do you?" Seulgi challenges, raising a brow. Joohyun stays mum, rather giving Seulgi a glare, making her chuckle, before they turn back to the entrance. "It'll be fiiiine. If that's what you're most worried about, who knows? Maybe there's someone who's also alone who just so happens to be cosplaying Sapphire?"

"It's not that I'm most worried about. But even if there is, I wouldn't want to hang around a complete stranger."

"Unnie, stop complaining. It's your fault for not packing early on anyways, and again, beggars can't be choosers," Joohyun groans, knowing Seulgi was right. If only she'd properly packed her bags instead of just shoving it because she happened to oversleep and panicked, completely forgetting to pack the past day. It's the most irresponsible she's ever been and she's resenting herself for it.

Once the two of them have entered the booming vicinity, they both stare in awe at the hundreds of people walking around with the same passion for dressing up as them. Joohyun and Seulgi's eyes light up immediately, looking at the dozens of booths lined up everywhere.

"Hey, I heard there's a Steven Universe section, how about we go over there so you don't feel too left out here? I heard Rebecca Sugar's holding a Q&A too, so maybe we should watch that as well?" The younger suggests, noticing the abundance of anime cosplayers where they're currently at; Seulgi with her Marceline outfit and Joohyun with her Ruby outfit standing out like thumbs.

"Sure," Joohyun says with a moment's hesitation, still a bit salty about cosplaying a character she doesn't even indulge in that much in a convention she'd looked forward to for 2 weeks.

It wasn't that much of a long walk - they passed by many other things like the Pixar characters inhabited areas, a few small booths that were surrounded by a few people cosplaying characters from famous manhwas and comics, and a few more. The duo couldn't help but sigh in happiness - this was exactly where they belonged. A sea filled with geeks and people who invested too much of themselves into fictional characters is definitely their type of people.

"Imagine if you actually found your soulmate, wouldn't that be so cute?" Joohyun rolls her eyes, not bother replying before they finally find themselves in the cartoon network area, adventure time characters dominating it. "Woah, there's so many Finns." 

"Jake is better," Joohyun nods, "Agreed." 

The two walk over to the big doors, a paper with a 'Rebecca Sugar Q&A' printed in big bold letters. "Look, I think this is the room Rebecca Sugar will hold her Q&A in. It's gonna start in 10 minutes."

"I'm surprised there's no endless big line for it,"

"Yeah, I think people are more focused on getting pictures since quarantine just ended. We better line up before one actually forms though."

"Okay." Joohyun and Seulgi are about to start walking to where the line is supposed to start when they hear a humming voice, loud enough for the people around them to hear it as well. The loud conversation that was a small part of the Cartoon Network - more the area surrounding the Q&A room - section stopped for a moment, all looking towards the source of such a beautiful voice.

The voice was calling for something, someone; Joohyun and Seulgi recognize the tone from the first season finale, when Ruby and Sapphire were both seperated and we're reunited through Sapphire's longing call for her lover. Joohyun starts walking over to where the voice was, Seulgi hurrying behind her, wondering what's up with her unnie all of a sudden.

"Who is that?" Joohyun mumbles, stopped by the crowd surrounding the girl. She tries to stand on her toes, her short height really pissing her off right now.

"What's happening?"

"It's Sapphire's call! She must be looking for her Ruby,"

"Really?! That's so cute!" Joohyun and Seulgi hear around them. No matter how much effort Joohyun puts into adding more onto her height, it was in vain, as she can just barely see the blue skin that was the longing Sapphire.

Why was she so attracted to her? Why was she in such need to see her?

Biting her lip, an overwhelming sensation overcomes Joohyun's chest, suddenly momentarily disallowing her to breath properly. Something tells her someone she needs is there; her other half! It's that kind of feeling! 

Her soulmate!

Joohyun opens .

"Ooooooh~"

Everyone stops to look at her, the beautiful harmonization making everyone turn to see the second voice that melted well with the first.

It's almost like magic - everyone steps back, making a way for Joohyun to finally lock eyes with this stranger.

"My Ruby," The woman, who's eyes flared a dazzling blue, called out to her in a beautiful soprano tone, reaching a hand out to her. Joohyun's steps are automatic, stepping up the small staircase the woman was standing on.

"Sapphire, my Sapphire," Joohyun's eyes could see the flare of her own in the stranger's, the radiant aura around them a beautiful purple hue. They take a few seconds to break from their staring contest, now hearing the roaring clapping of the audience before them.

"THAT'S MY ROOMMATE!" Someone yells, a voice that Joohyun can recognize anywhere. Seulgi cheers with a distinct voice, raising her finger to point at the now blushing Joohyun. "Seul, quiet!" She whisper-yells, embarrassed.

Sapphire looks over at the excited Marceline, putting a hand to cover from laughing, snorting a little instead. Joohyun looks over at her again, making their eyes connect. They both blush at the same time, Joohyun's embarrassment now mixed with giddy. "Uhm, wanna… go get some coffee, ms…"

"Seungwan."

"Seungwan." Joohyun repeats like it's the most important thing in the world, offering her hand to her.

"Of course, Ms…."

"Joohyun."

"Joohyun." The two smile, the vibrant purple around them intensifying.

Seulgi whistles with her fingers, jumping up and down, happy for her roommate. Her eyes are so locked onto the pair that she doesn't notice the figure passing by behind her, accidently bumping against them. She hears a clack, turning around to see a tall, pink figure.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Seulgi hurries to pick up the golden makeshift crown, looking up to meet eyes with this stranger, holding the crown for them to grab.

"Princess B… Bubblegum." The princess stares back at her, an instant connection forming between them. "Marceline," The pink stranger calls her back.

"Seulgi." Seulgi reaches her other hand out, the stranger taking her hand in hers, the feeling of their touch electrifying to both.

"Sooyoung."

"Nice to meet you, Sooyoung." Sooyoung smiles, Seulgi mirroring it as well, a joyful lime exuding from their vibrant colors of yellow and green.

"Nice to meet you too, Seulgi."