Narcissus (1/2)

🌬WindSun☀️ Playlist (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Hey, guys. I just came back to greet everyone a happy valentines day, I hope you spend this day with your loved one. I hope you like my special gift for you all. For my alien friend, I hope you like this too. Enjoy reading it!

I apologize for all the errors. I rushed it bec I thought I had time to write it by midnight but I enjoyed so much of my time watching a movie and I enjoyed and I did not regret it, so pls, just understand lol

TW // Minor Character Death

2021

Jeju Island, SK

Each day passes
But I can't forget you
Although our love is over
I'll think of you tomorrow as well

Wheein's driving the car as she can't help but smile watching an excited Hyejin sitting on the passenger seat of her car. 

Hyejin looks at Wheein suspiciously and Wheein just smiled. "After 3 years, it's finally done."

"It is, honey," Wheein cooed and look at Hyejin lovingly. 

"We can finally start a family..." Hyejin said and took her left hand and lift it to her face and showed Wheein their wedding ring.

"Aren't you being a bit too much? You waited three years after the wedding to finally decide to have kids?"

"Nooooo... This is our dream, right? To own a hotel and beach resort in Jeju? Now that we have that, we can finally have a new dream." Wheein nodded as Hyejin lectured her. "I can't still believe I married my best friend and now we are starting a family-"

"You are not crying in our car, honey, save the tears once we get there, alright?" Wheein said and Hyejin pouted. "I love you very much..."

"I love you too..." Hyejin said and she leaned and place a sweet kiss on Wheein's cheek. "This day is very special you know? I will remember this for the rest of my life."

"Because we will be living here for the rest of our lives, of course," Wheein said and Hyejin giggled.

"I also felt like you are getting more suffocated at home," Hyejin said and she just stares at Wheein.

"What do you mean?"

"Are my parents being too demanding for you?"

"Not really, I swear, I don't mind it."

"It's not okay, I hate it when they are telling you to quit painting. You love doing it and they're kind of controlling you-"

"Listen, like your parents, they just want me to provide for the both of us and-"

"No... you are not obliged to lose yourself in order to love me, always remember that." Hyejin said and Wheein nodded.

"You understand me more than I understand myself, sometimes I feel like you know what's best for me more than I do."

"You are lucky... to wife me."

"The best decision that I ever did in my life..." Wheein said and Hyejin smiled from ear to ear. "Were almost there," Wheein said and she pulled over to the side and took a blindfold on the backseat, and gave it to Hyejin. "Wear this,"

"Excuse me?"

"I didn't let you visit here for a reason, I want this to be a surprise," Wheein said and she helps Hyejin wear the blindfold on her face.

"Hmm... Let's use this later."

Wheein almost choked and Hyejin just laughs beside her wearing the blindfold. "You're insatiable."

When finally parked the car in front of their resort and they were greeted by a really close friend of theirs. "Hyejinah... welcome home." Hyejin heard and her face lit up.

"Come here! You!" Hyejin shouted and Byul rushed to her and hugged her. "You're in on this too?"

"Yes, and I'll be working here too. I just can't say no to Wheein, you know that."

"I exactly know how that feels like... I said Yes for a lifetime with her." Hyejin said and she felt Wheein's hands on her waist. 

"Alright, honey... Please take some small steps," Wheein said as she guided Hyejin. Wheein slowly removed the blindfold from Hyejin's eyes and tears starts streaming down her face and the name by the entrance, The Peninsula. Wheein didn't give Hyejin time to cry and take everything in, as she starts dragging her wife inside. They were greeted by a lobby full of Wheein's paintings over the years. Places they've been to together, as if like it's Wheein's signature that every painting has a silhouette of Hyejin.

"This is too much..."

"They wouldn't know if they won't look at it very carefully," Wheein said and she grabs Hyejin's hands and turned her towards her. "I could create a museum just for you,"

"Please, don't do that," Hyejin said and Wheein laughs so as the crew that surrounds to greet them. "Now I feel bad I don't have anything, I thought we are just moving today." Hyejin pouted and Wheein smiled.

It seems to be a perfect start of a really beautiful story, isn't it? 

...It can be, but not for them.

"Honey, come on. I promise that we will be attending today." Hyejin said and Wheein just lay there on their bed as Hyejin fit her dress for the wedding of her cousin.

"They hated me anyway, I mean... I love you, I love your mom and dad. But the rest of your family doesn't like me at all."

"Because you're aloof, and that's okay, they'll understand."

"No, it's not, they talk behind my back, your parents forced to intervene on our wedding day, don't you remember that? Can you just... go alone?" Wheein said and Hyejin smile sadly and sat beside Wheein. She cups her wife's face and kissed her on the lips.

"Alright, I'll just attend the ceremony and will be back tonight. If you change your mind let me know. Okay? Can you do that for me?"

Wheein nodded, as she was on the brink of tears herself. "Honey, I'm so sorry. It's just... I'm not gonna have a good time around the people that did not like me."

"I know, and I'm sorry for how they are treating you. Hug me."

Wheein leans forwards and hugged Hyejin. "Please be home early, I don't want to miss you. I hate it."

Hyejin smiled and gave Wheein another kiss. "Now you're making me want to stay," Hyejin said and Wheein shakes her head. 

"They're your family, you should go. Should I drive you there?"

"Nope, just stay here and rest. I can take a cab." Hyejin said and Wheein held Hyejin's hand in a tight grip.

"I love you..."

"I love you very much..." Hyejin said and she tucked Wheein back to bed and kissed her forehead.

Wheein didn't know that that will be the last of them together... None of them knows... or saw it coming.

Wheein woke up with a loud banging on their door and she sits up to the bed and hurried to see a crying Byul on her doorstep. "Byul? Why are you crying? What's happening?"

"WHERE THE IS YOUR PHONE?!!!" Byul shouted at her and walk past her and look around. Wheein lazily made a beeline on her desk and saw her phone with 30 missed calls from everyone. 

"Byul... tell me what happened," Wheein said as fear started hitting her. please don't, please don't. Wheein started dialing Hyejin's number but Byul grabbed the phone from Wheein's hand and utter the most ridiculous thing she could've ever said at that time.

"She's gone, Whee... Hyejin's gone. She-"

"WHAT?! OF COURSE NOT! I TOLD YOU I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HER. I WANTED TO STAY AT THE HOSPITAL BUT YOU KEEP TELLING ME TO GO HOME. NOW SHE'S GONE. SHE NEEDS ME THERE BYUL, SHE NEEDS ME THERE" Wheein pushed Byul to the ground, took the phone out of her hand and started dialing her number again. 

"She's still at the hospital if you want-"

"SHUT THE UP, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT-"

Wheein stopped when she felt Byul take her for a strong hug that almost knocked her out of her feet as she cried on the floor with her friend telling her that she is the last person that Hyejin kept calling before she died.

When the words started sinking into Wheein that Hyejin, her wife, is gone, Wheein can't do anything, she can't even bring herself to stand up and drive herself to the hospital. Wheein screamed, Wheein wailed, Wheein cried and screamed again, as loud as she could. Wheein begged the almighty to wake her up from this nightmare. Wheein hoped that if Hyejin could hear her screaming on your way to heaven, she would turn around and come back to her... but she didn't. Hyejinie left me alone... she left me... how can she do that to me? 

"If I have just gone with her... this wouldn't have happened... It's my fault. It's my fault..."  Wheein cried repeatedly as Byul tries so hard to be strong for her.

Perhaps it is the greatest grief, after all, to be left on earth while the other half of you is gone...

2026

Seoul, S.K

I cant erase you but I have to let you go

"What the is this?" Yong's manager barged into her apartment at the earliest hour in the morning.

"Can't you wait until lunchtime? It's too ing early!"

"Well, haven't you thought it's too ing late for you to be partying last night?" Her manager said and she pulled the covers from Yong. "Look at you! You have a name to protect, Yong! What is so hard to understand?! You're an idol, why are you acting like this?"

"Can you just... give me a break," Yongsun said as she pulls the cover and tried to go back to sleep.

"You are getting it." Her manager said and Yongsun looked at her. "We will be postponing your comeback and our company will cover the fees for the production of your movie. We stopped the production now. Can you ing act your age? You're so ing talented but you're an awful person, Yong." Her manager said and Yongsun sighed. "We already released a notice on your Solar website of the cancellation of all your schedule this month,"

"What you're sending me overseas again to let the scandal died down?"

"No, your parents are waiting for you. They said you should stay with them in Jeju for a while."

"Nooooo, I don't want to stay there. It's boring and-"

"Well, you are not going there for a vacation. All you have to do is to keep a low profile as we fix this again for you. We are not booking shows for you anymore if you keep doing this."

"I know you can't do that, but please can you send me anywhere but there? Just... not with my parents."

"Yong, you need parental intervention, yes, at this age, you need that. You're at your peak, please don't waste it. Easy with the alcohol, will you?"

"Are you saying that I'm an alcoholic?"

Her manager raised her phone and showed you the article written about her this morning, "Is this a doing of a nonalcoholic person? Exactly. Pack your bags, we booked a private jet for you. Low profile. Low Profile. Please."

"Ugh... alright."

2026

Jeju Island, SK

Wheein is having her breakfast at her penthouse when she heard a knock on the door, she looked at her doorway ,and its Byul carrying folders of paper for her to sign. "Can't it wait for me at the office?"

"Nope, you're supposed to sign this yesterday and you didn't even come to work... Ma'am."

"I'm sorry, you know when it is near, I just really wanted to you know-"

"I get that, Whee, believe me, but you know... you're here, and you have all this responsibility, you have employees and a business to run."

"Yeah, I'm sorry..." Wheein said and Byul came to her and made her sign some papers.

"By the way... Will  you go out with us tonight? The ppop-upbars are back, come on! Let's unwind, what do you think?"

"I'd rather be home, and sleep-"

"Wait wait wait..." Byul walked over to the side of the room where she saw Wheein's aisle and art table laid out. "Good for you, Whee. Good for you, for at least trying."

"I am aware that its already been 5 years, you know? She would want me to go on my life,"

"I'm so proud of you, I hope you know that. I missed her too, its always been the three of us, always... I'm happy your are trying to even you know paint again-"

"To be fair, I haven't touch any of it yet-"

"All of those, being out of that sad sad basement, is already something to celebrate for... so tonight? Come on!"

"Okay..."

"Okay?" Byul asked for confirmation and Wheein nodded.

Wheein made it to the pop up bars along the coast as she tries and search for Byul and her friends on the tables set up. She was looking around and saw a lot of things, even a lady kicking a poor sand castle but then her attention is immediately caught by- "WHEEIN!!!"

Wheein heard a loud voice calling for her and she immediately went to that direction shaking her head, "Thanks, now everybody here knows my name."

"That's the plan, man! You? Getting laid-"

"Oh no no no no, I came here to drink, not that okay? Jeez,"

"Then drink, here!" Byul said shoving a bottle of beer on Wheein's hands. "Bottoms up, Whee!"

Yongsun run away from home on her first night at Jeju, she knew better, but why she still decided to be sent here than abroad? As soon as she set foot on their vacation house, she heard her mom nagging to her, she's still treated like a kid at the age of well...35. "Ugh!" Yong let her frustration out on a sand castle she just passed by as she kick the living hell out of it. 

She then heard noises from the coast and decided to make her way to the lights, and she saw its a pop up bar by the coast. She smiled. This is something that can help her get through the night, for sure.

Yongsun made sure that her sunglass and cap is in place before approaching the bar, "Give me something that can knock me out,"

"Coming right up!" The bartender tend to her fast and she just smiled, then she opened her phone and read some news and stories about her. Her name is still in heat. She closed her phone and she heard music playing at the small stage at the center of the bar. It's her song, playing. She smiled.

"Uhm-"

"Come on, Whee! You can do it!" A lady shouted cheering- Yong assumed- her friend and her shy friend just shakes her head. 

"Hi, everyone, uhm I'll be singing this song for someone and I hope she can hear this right now, I just wanted to say that I miss her so much... and I still love her very much!"

"WE LOVE YOU HYEJINAH!!!!" The lady shouted again and the friend smiled. Yong grab her drink from the bar and walk closer to the lady who's about to sing "Morning" a ballad from her latest album.

Yong thought it was a sweet gesture, and she smiled as she listens to the girl singing the song. She didn't even notice that her drink is done and she suddenly felt her tears traced down her face.

Yong always thought that she lost her love for singing, though this song hold a special meaning, she felt she's not translating the emotion anymore, but when she heard the girl sing the song, it feels like she was hit by a train of emotion all of a sudden. How can a stranger, sing her song better than her? She went to the bar, drop her glass and ordered another drink. She was silently seated by the bar when she saw the girl who sang her song stood up. She followed her with her eyes, "Please, come here..." Yong whispered to herself and as if the almighty still listens to her after all the she has done, the girl walk towards her.

"Can I have 6 more beers, please. Thank you." Wheein said and she felt like someone is staring at her. She looked over to her side and the crazy lady by the sand castle is sitting right next to her, Wheein moved to the next stool beside her to keep her distance but the lady followed her. She moved again, but then the lady followed. "Excuse me, please, don't do that. Not cool. Go back kicking sand castles or something."

Yongsun scoffs from her seat, as she ever slightly lowered her eye glass. "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, I had a long day, excuse me-" Wheein was about to move to the other side of the bar when the lady grabbed her by the arms. "I SAID-"

"I'm Solar, you just literally sung my song," Yongsun said and she lowered her sunglass completely revealing her face. Wheein looked at her, observing her face.

"No way..."

"Yup, in flesh. Nice meeting you-" Solar offered her hands and Wheein found herself taking her hand and introducing herself to the idol.

"Wheein. I apologize, again."

"Yeah, its nothing," Yongsun said putting back her sunglasses on. "Want to buy me a drink?"

Wheein smiled. Took the 6 pack of beers and paid for it. "No, I'm sorry, but have a nice night, Solarnim."

Yongsun laughs and shakes her head. "Wow... Rejected huh?"

"No, its not like that... I'm not really-" Wheein stopped when she saw her friends waving at her direction, Byul doing a kissing sign on her hands, their other friend cheering from a far, they waved goodbye leaving Wheein at the bar. Yongsun turned around and saw her friends cheering and leaving, that made Yong smile.

"Are you sure they're your friends?"

"Hundred percent." Wheein said as she gritted her teeth and sighed. "Do you drink beers?"

"I drink any thing." Yongsun answered and Wheein nodded. 

"Alright, follow me." Wheein said and she walk out of the bar, Yongsun just didn't say anything as she silently followed Wheein. They went to the quiet side of the shore, their feet almost meeting the calm waves of the sea, "I hope here is fine."

"It's perfect..." Yongsun said as she sat next to Wheein. She took her cap out of her head with her sunglasses and set it aside.

"Why did you follow? You don't even know me. I could be a serial killer you know?"

"Nah... I could slam you to the ground if I want to." Yongsun said confidently and Wheein laughs.

"Right, I watched your action movie, you really did your stunts?"

"I did yeah." Yongsun said as she stretch her arms. "Pass the beer."

"What are you doing here? Of all places, why Jeju?" Wheein asked as she opens her beer.

"I was forced to be here. Another scandal in Seoul, and my management decided to throw me away for a while. Not my first rodeo."

"I see..."

"What about you?"

"I'm not a celebrity..." Wheein said and Yongsun shrugged.

"Better... I'm sick of it. You know? I don't enjoy it anymore."

"Is that why you're acting like that?"

"Like what?" Yongsun is ready to get offended but Wheein just gave her a smile. "Ya!"

"What?"

"Continue, I'm acting like what?"

"Like you're not passionate about what you're doing anymore." Wheein said and this caught Yong off guard. Most of the time people will tell her she acts like a kid, or she's immature at her age, this is an answer she did not expect. "I mean dont get me wrong, you can be acting so unruly and still be passionate of your art, but as an artist myself, yeah, I kind felt that for years from you."

"Tell me more,"

"My wife, she's a fan-"

"You're married? Oh! Of course, people like you are married."

"Yes, I am."

"But you dedicated the song-uhm... Are you guys still married?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter