Out of My League

🌬WindSun☀️ Playlist (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Hello, everyone, I am back with our second song. You all are aware by now that I hate writing fluffs lmao even with Destiny I'm trying hard, this is a full fluff one shot, I'm just trying new things okay? So please rate this after you read it. Lol

Also... wheesun crumbs from the contact. We are fed today lol

Disclaimer: Please the grammar and spelling errors are all mine, I really don't have time to proofread you know? Lmao Apologies ahead.

Song: Out of My League by Stephen Speaks

Genre: Highschool AU, fluff and more fluff 

Pairing: Main (Wheesun), Minor interaction (Wheesa, Moonsun)

It's her hair and her eyes today
That just simply take me away
And the feeling that I'm falling further in love
Makes me shiver but in a good way

Student Council Election

It is almost the end of the school year for Rainbow bridge Highschool, and it's already the turn over the season. Today will be the last day of filing for Student Council candidacy and yet, two of the most anticipated candidate hasn't filed yet.

Kim Yongsun, a junior, current student council vice-president, highly respected amongst administrative clubs (clubs that serve the greater student body by organizing and promoting events) members, started the Baking for the heart project that raises funds for heart patients through the love of baking by organizing bake sales twice a month and sponsoring various community outreach events throughout the year. She's known as "Ms. Too Pretty To Be Stucked Inside The Student Council Office".

and the other student from a lower year, that most of the student from their school looks up to when it comes to her academics.

Jung Wheein, a sophomore, current student council second-year batch representative, member of the honor's society club since middle school, member of the STEM Club, and captain of the Science Quiz Team who competes in academic competition within and outside their campus. She is known to treat studying like breathing.

The whole student council office is on a constant busy day as the filing comes to an end. Yong is seating with her batchmate who's also the council's secretary, Park Chorong. As they stare at Wheein at the end of the conference table drowned on her laptop and paperwork. Wheein felt like she's being watched all of a sudden so she looked up and looked around, nothing, she got back to her work when-

"Jung Wheein, hi." Chorong started, smiling in Wheein's direction.

Wheein looked up as she softly closes her laptop. "Unnie..."

"Are you running for this year's student council election?" Chorong asked and Yongsun popped out behind her and tugging her shirt.

"I'm so sorry about her, Wheein-"

"No, no one asked me to run under their party yet, so I guess not," Wheein said and Chorong's eyes widen.

"Can you run with Yong? As her Vice-President? If you don't mind of course." Chorong asked swatting Yong's hands from her back.

"Oh? Well, isn't filing already over?"

"Not yet," Chorong said after she checked the time on the wall clock hanging at the center of the SC office.

"I don't mind running under Yong-unnie's party." Wheein said and a big smile started forming on Chorong and Yongsun's face.

See? I ing told you! Chorong turned around her back on Wheein as she faces Yongsun mouthing these words.

"Okay! I'm filing it!" Yongsun said and Wheein looked at her. She watched Wheein pull her back from under the table, took a long envelop, and gave Yongsun the paper.

It's her candidacy form...as vice president... with Yongsun.

"I saw it coming, I'm actually getting worried you already asked someone but well... here you go," Wheein said and Yong slightly blushed as she received Wheein's candidacy form. "Just file it or something, I don't know, do whatever you want to do with it."

"Wow, when they say you're a genius, I believe them, but you are more than that, you're like a psychic or something-"

"Ohhhhh kay, and that's our signal to retreat," Yong said as she starts pulling Chorong away from Wheein. "Thank you, Wheein."

"Thank me after we won," Wheein said and she put her laptop into her back and immediately made her way out of the SC Office leaving Yong and Chorong happy as they file the form to their current SC President, Kim Taeyeon.

"What took you so long, Yong? Jesus! I really thought I will be turning over the council to someone I don't even know!" Taeyeon said snatching the candidacy papers out of Yong's hands.

"I'm sorry, Unnie. I waited for-"

"Öh my gosh! You convinced Jung Wheein to run with you?!" Taeyeon asked as she read through the one-page form.

"Why?" Yongsun asked, maybe even President Taeyeon wants Wheein to run as President.

"Kim Seokjin and Bae Jooh-hyun both filed their candidacy with mediocre running mates because Wheein rejected them, they really thought Wheein will run for the presidency, hmmm... this is interesting." She said as she stamped on both Yong and Wheein's candidacy form. "Good luck to both of you."

Yong just nodded and smile as she and Chorong made their way back to their table and Yongsun just felt thankful to Wheein, she walks passed Wheein's table-

"Yong? What are you doing? Let's go, we still have one AP classes, we're going to be late."

"Ughh... I almost forgot." Yongsun said tucking something in her pocket.

+++

Wheein and Yong were seated next to each other in the waiting area, this is the last day of the campaign and it's time for all the candidates and their running mates to speak to the student body. Wheein literally fell asleep from her seat because she had to finish some pre-class activities last night, she opened her eyes and saw Yongsun sitting firmly looking at the crowd. She just kept staring, she can't help it. Yes, maybe she's crushing on her senior pretty hard but what's wrong having a crush on someone? It's not like-

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she heard Yong's name is called. It's Chorong getting dragged by the school's athlete of the year, RBHS's pride and joy, number 1 pitcher on their division, the one and only, Moon Byulyi, RB Softball team captain.

"She wants to give you a piece of good luck or something-" Chorong said looking irritated as Byul draped her arms around her shoulders.

"Bad luck you mean?" Yong said and Byul pouted.

"Come on, Yong. I'm here to wish you some good luck, I know that you know I am your lucky charms isn't it?" Byul said and Yong just shrugs.

"Hey, Wheein, how are you? If you feel the nerves kicking in, just trust Yong, she'll carry you the whole way. Don't worry much about it." Wheein raised her eyebrow and nodded. "Well, we'll keep going. Good luck Yongie!"

"Thank you..." Yong said as she watches Chorong and Byul go. Wheein's eyes never left Yong's face, even if she's talking to Chorong (so much for 'just a crush' huh?) She saw Yong's hands clasp under the table, she's tensed.

Their SC Adviser walked past them and Wheein stood up. "Miss, can I excuse myself for a while? I needed some air." Wheein said and Yongsun immediately whipped her head towards Wheen's direction with worry in her eyes.

"Okay, but make sure to be back here before the event starts, you still have 20 minutes to relax, good luck to you both." Their teacher said and Wheein gave their teacher a bow. She walked away from her seat and Yong just stares at her.

"Are you okay, Wheein?" Yong asked as she tries reaching for Wheein but stopped midway when Wheein looked at her.

"Would you mind joining me outside?" Wheein asked and Yong stood up and followed Wheein outside of the gym, just by the back door. Wheein leaned her back against the building and Yong did the same. 

"You don't look nervous as I thought you'd be..." Yong said smiling and Wheein looked at her, expressionless.

You just can't read her thoughts, but at the same time, if Yong could read her thoughts, she might run away from her, that's better.

"Are you?" Wheein asked and Yong gave her and fake smile, Wheein doesn't know but she sees through her. 

"Not really, maybe I'm-I'm just used at this kind of stuff," Yongsun said taking a big gulp she almost chocked herself. 

"I see..." Wheein nodded. "That's good to know..." Wheein already is making her way to the gym door when Yongsun started to pick up Wheein's purpose.

"Wait..." Yongsun slowly uttered and Wheein looked at her, "Did you purposely bring me out here?"

"I don't know, I saw you clasp your hands together hard, and you keep bouncing your legs under the table so I thought you're nervous," Wheein said and Yongsun just looked at her. "I guess I went too far, didn't I? Shall we go back in?" Wheein held the handle of the door when she felt a light tug on the sleeves of her knitted sweater. Wheein released her hold from the door handle and she just stood there, facing the door, Yongsun standing on her side looking at her.

"Look at me..." Yongsun said and Wheein slowly turns to face Yong, Yong took two small steps forward, and slowly rest her forehead on Wheein's shoulders. Yongsun's hands still holding the hem of Wheein's sleeves, as Wheein raised her other hand and run it to Yong's hair. "Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Sure..."

"I thought I could hide it from everyone..." Yong started and her breathing started to keep the pace.

"If it's that bad why not talk to Chorong or anybody of what's bothering you?" Wheein said and Yongsun let go the hem of her shirt and held on to Wheein's arms tighter.

"Because I can't..." Yongsun said with a crack in her voice, "Chorong, Taeyeon and the others, they always believed in me, so completely, I don't want them to lose that, I need to stay as this person, who's worth it, who's reliable." Yongsun said and she let a little laugh. "And isn't it ironic? That I just said all that and I'm here breaking down in front of you-"

"You have to realize that I'm not like the others, Yong. I've been in the council for two years and working with you, I can see pass through your facade, I don't think you're perfect or anything crazy like that. So... for me, showing your weak side doesn't change a thing to me, it's okay that you feel like this sometimes Yong, we're all humans, and we feel things..." Yongsun slowly lifts her head from Wheein shoulder and she looks at the girl. 

"You're being particularly nice to me today."

Wheein dusted off her shoulders that made Yongsun pout, but Wheein gave her a smile."Who wouldn't be? After seeing you so upset like this. But I want you to remember this, Unnie, this is normal okay?"

"Normal, of course, you'd say that. Whatever I do, you never hold it against me..."

"You don't have to try to be special in front of me, playing that role to be worthy of someone's feelings."

"Only you..." Yongsun said as she finally let a smile out of her face, "You're the only one who gets to see this, this is genuinely a special part of me."

"I caught you slipping..."

"Shut up..."

All the times I have sat and stared
As she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair
And she purses her lips, bats her eyes, and she plays with me
Sittin' there, slacked-jaw and nothing to say

Summer Break

Yongsun won the election last month and now she got to pick the member of her council, she chooses the same people who already been working for her from the past years and of course, Wheein as her VP and Chorong as her secretary.

Their Student council adviser set a week-long activity as part of the student council to come up with the scheduled activities throughout the whole school year. The whole student body is on their own vacation as the SC members spend this whole week together to plan the activity calendar for the school. This is also the first time in three weeks that Wheein and Yong will see each other.

Wheein really did enjoy her time during these 3 consecutive days of just planning, sometimes she almost so completely lost herself from just staring at Yong as she runs down each festival and school activities. Wheein is just such in awe how beautiful one person can be, that everything she does can make your heart flutter, every time you hear the sound of her voice, the butterflies in your stomach starts going wild... yes it's a crush, and Wheein's feeling all of those. She wishes this planning session doesn't end but it's their last two days, they will now proceed to their team-building activities. The first day of the activities consists of some outdoor team building activity that made Wheein hurt herself in the process, as she lies down on the school clinic's bed waiting for the school nurse to tend to her and Yongsun standing at the side of her bed.

"I said I'm fine, you're going to miss the whole game," Wheein said trying to send Yong back to the council and continue playing with them.

"Not until I make sure all of my members are fine and in good shape."

"I am fine and in good shape, now go. I'll be back when they treat my wound." Wheein said and Yongsun slowly approaches Wheein's knees to check on the cut on her knees, Wheein isn't really the good runner, let's just say that.

"Oh god, it looks deep," Yongsun said and Wheein rolled her eyes.

"It is now, you saw it, you cleaned it, you did my first aid, I'm fine, Yong, thank you, now go," Wheein said and Yong lightly pats the cut on Wheein's knee. "OUCH!!!!!"

"Oh, I thought you said you're fine?"

"I am just fine, not until you start poking it! Ugh, it hurts!" Wheein said and Yongsun ended up laughing on her side.

"Then stop shooing me, I'll poke it harder the next time if you don't stop!" Yongsun said and she just grabs a chair and took a seat next to Wheein's bed. "Wheein-ah... don't you feel lonely living in your own little world? I never see you hand around other people, except the council and your two friends..."

Wheein let her head fall to the side to look at Yongsun. "Don't you feel exhausted living in so many people's worlds?"

"You answered me with a question..."

"Because I wanted to ask you the same thing,"

"Okay," Yongsun shakes her head, "Because it's my business, to be on other people's business as long as it relates to student activities, that's why."

"But do you feel exhausted?"

"Of course, it's a lot of work."

"Then why did you choose on doing it?"

"Because, Wheein... It makes me happy." Yongsun said and Wheein raised her hands and Yongsun gave her a look, questioning her.

"Exactly, we do certain things that may look different on other people's perspective but it, as long as we're happy doing it, then..." Wheein said and Yongsun nodded.

"So you're happy hanging out with the same people, all of your life?"

"Yong, there are people who don't crave attention-"

"I don't crave for attention!"

"I'm not saying it's you, I'm saying this on my case, I'd rather hang out with few people who understand me, than be around of a lot of people who are strangers to me. So... You might think I look lonely alone, I want to tell you that I am not. I enjoy my personal space so much, and I'm nowhere near giving it up,"

"Am I trespassing your personal space now?" Yongsun asked and Wheein smiled at her.

"You are, but I will let you," Wheein said and they heard the door opened and the school nurse came in.

"I'm sorry for the holdup, the varsity teams are also here and we have to make sure that before we leave our post everyone's on their break..." The nurse explained and Yongsun immediately stood up acting as Wheein's guardian.

"No problem, I already did the first aid, I just really want to make sure it'll be fine," Yongsun said and the nurse made her way to treat Wheein's wound. 

"You did good, it's really clean, so I just have to put some this on bandage so it wouldn't be exposed to dirt, thank you for making my job easy." The nurse said.

"Yup, that's her job, to make everyone's life easier," Wheein said and Yong shot her a glare. Yong waited for Wheein to be done and helped her go back to their office. "I can walk..."

"And?"

"Let me walk by myself..."

Yongsun pushed Wheein away from her that send Wheein half a meter and almost landing to the ground,"Heyyyy!!! I almost fell!"

"I thought you can walk?"

"I can if you didn't just push me!"

"Come on! You're such a baby, I didn't push you!" Yongsun said playfully as she keeps her pace, making sure a limping Wheein couldn't keep up.

"You are so immature, Yong."

"I am your senior, and your president apparently."

Wheein still limping but this time she's giggling to herself, "You can be a senior and a president and an immature all at once."

"I just want to spend time with you, stop pushing me away-" Yongsun stopped when she realized what she just said. "I mean with everyone, that's why I made this whole thing a five-day event you know,"

"Yes, I know..." Wheein said and she jumped with her able leg to keep up with Yong and held to her shoulder. "This is our last night here, what did you plan for tonight, Prez?"

"Something we will enjoy..."

And it actually is something Wheein enjoyed, the whole council made a mess inside their office, but they're so happy. Yongsun planned the whole Art therapy night where everyone is free to play with colors with their own canvases. Wheein felt so happy when Yong and Chorong started giving out their materials, she immediately thought of drawing Yongsun but that isn't happening, gosh what was I thinking, ugh!

Wheein ended up drawing Ggomo, her pet cat. She misses him because she's away from home for four days now. She had fun drawing Ggomo, they presented the art that calms them and when Wheein presented hers, she gained a lot of awws from the council and she immediately blushed on cue that made her members giggles. She went to her seat as fast and left her painting by the table.

That very morning the whole council woke with nothing but good memories from the whole week, Wheein with all her things in tow standing outside the school gate, trying if she can walk with Yongsun today, they have gotten really close during this week, as what the objective of the team-building activity in the first place.

What if she confesses now?  Nooooo, Yongsun would never.

As if people who are narrating her story heard her, she saw Yongsun exit the building and joined Chorong from the council and Byul from the varsity who is waiting for her outside the office. Wheein's heart dropped and hid on one of the trees by the campus exit as she watches all three walks home, Byul's holding Yong's painting, Wheein frowned, she really wanted the painting but I guess someone already beat her to it.

'Cause I love her with all that I am
And my voice shakes along with my hands
'Cause she's all that I see and she's all that I need
And I'm out of my league once again

Sport Festival

"Okay, what are the events left for this day? Give me a rundown." Yong said as she puts her hair in a bun and some council member took a rest on their tent. It's the school's sports festival and each level is to compete with each other. 

"We will have archery and running relay, that's all, Prez." Chorong said as she noted on their whiteboard. 

"So who can man our stations later? Anyone? I have a relay game so I can't." Yongsun said and she looked at her members.

"I can't, I have archery too." Wheein said and Yongsun nodded.

"Okay well, most of us will be competing at the relay later, so I guess, whoever is free can man our information booth," Yongsun said and everyone just agrees with her, it's like everything that comes out of is THE law, you know? 

"Everyone who will be competing on the running relay, please proceed to the oval. Archery players, please be around the area as well because we will be starting right after the relay." they heard over the PA and they saw a bunch of seniors walking in their direction.

"Yongsun! Let's go and smash this!" Byulyi shouted and Yong adjusted her PE shirt and joined them, Wheein can't wait to watch Yong join the relay. She's a very reliable President and a really competitive one, that scares her a bit. So she joined the rest of the council who will watch the relay and she just can't stop looking at Yong, who is currently stretching at the holding area.

"If she melts then what are you gonna do?" Wheein heard from her side and it's her archery senior opponent, Irene.

"Ugh, Unnie,"

"I haven't seen you with a bow and arrow this week, why aren't you practicing? Are you too confident to beat me already?" Irene asked and Wheein shakes her head, Irene is part of the school's honor society with Wheein and they're also teammates on Team Archery when competing off-campus. She's one of the people Wheein felt comfortable with.

"Of course not, I'm very busy with the council these past few days you know."

"Hmm... You're just busy following Yong like a sad puppy." Irene said and Wheein tries covering . 

"Shut it, Unnie! If someone heard you, I'm done."

"Why don't you just admit it? That you're way past on crushing, you have fallen for her." Irene said and Wheein shakes her head.

"No, I don't,"

"You know you have fallen for someone when you are feeling down and you think 'if this person was here, I would immediately feel better' , do you think about her that way now?"

"It's just a crush..."

"Well okay then," Irene said and they both watch Yong from afar and having fun with the seniors, especially with Byul. "Does it hurt?" Irene asks as she took a sip from the orange juice in her hand.

"What?"

"Giving someone the best of you and watching them choose someone else."

"You know what? Stay here while I practice, I'm gonna beat your for doing this to me, Unnie." Wheein said as she took her archery set bag from the ground.

"That's what I like to see, I saw the juniors just outside the oval," Irene said and Wheein nodded and made her way there, she took a glance at Yong's direction and she almost smacks herself when Yongsun caught her, she just gave the senior a smile and slightly lift her fist into the air as a sign of wishing her a bit of good luck.

She saw her junior teammates by the side of the gym stockroom with their improvised target. Wheein practiced with them and all four of them are part of the archery team apparently, the juniors are the only level competing at this year's school festival with a full archery line up that is part of the varsity, in conclusion, they already have this in the bag. Wheein bid goodbye to the group and was about to make her way back to the oval when a third-year who is part of the medical team approach her. 

"Hyejin, hi, what are you doing here?" Wheein asked, she's her classmate last year, but because Wheein started taking AP Classes this year, she was moved to a different class.

"I was actually watching your practice..."

"Oh? I didn't know first aiders are also monitoring practice games." Wheein said and Hyejin smiled and shakes her head.

"No, we are not, I just want to watch really, and show my support to my batch," Hyejin said and they started walking towards the oval now for the official game. 

"Thanks..."

"How are your AP Classes? Is it really that hard? What did you take again?"

Wheein smiled. "AP Chem and AP Calc,"

"Two APs? Jesus Christ, Wheein, what brain do you have?"

"A bored one..."

Hyejin stopped when they were about to enter the oval and looked at Wheein,"Let's go..."

"Huh?"

"I'll buy you a drink before the game,"

"I'm not yet thirsty-"

"It's for good luck, dummy." Hyejin pulled Wheein to the nearest vending machine and Wheein pointed at the chocolate drink she loves. "You're a seven years old girl with a Uni student's brain, do you know that?"

"You made me aware of that every single time, Hyejin," Wheein said and that made Hyejin laugh and she gave Wheein the chocolate drink on a carton box. "Thank you for this,"

"Good luck..." Hyejin said and Wheein smiled. "Uhm... Wheein?"

"Yeah?"

"Uhm-"

"Jung Wheein? Can I have a list of the activities for tomorrow? The principal is asking for it," a student-teacher assistant came towards her and Wheein diverted her attention to the guy. Wheein looked over the information booth and no one is there, yes they are still competing, most of them.

"Okay sure follow me," Wheein said and she looked at Hyejin once again, "I'll see you around, Hyejin, thank you for this again!"

"No problem, good luck! Fighting!" Hyejin said as she waves goodbye to Wheein. Hyejin sighed as she frowned when she tucked the pink envelope with red heart back into her pocket, she's been holding this since the start of the Sports Festival she hasn't got a chance to give it to Wheein since then. 

It's a masterful melody
When she calls out my name to me
As the world spins around her
She laughs, rolls her eyes
And I feel like I'm fallin' but it's no surprise

Year-End Celebration

Wheein is double-checking her notes and ticking all the requirement she was able to submit before the deadline, then she heard the office door-

"Okay, everyone, since this is our last week before we all go and have our winter vacation, I have a proposal-" Yongsun said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter