Chapter III : Finale

DOUBT

< Noone’s POV >

~ PRESNET ~

It has been one month already that they have broken up and never met each other. Y/N has resigned from work and gone back to her hometown. She thinks that Seoul is full of memories and it hurts her so in order to move on from Jonghyun, she has to leave here.

Jonghyun goes to work as usual after taking 2 weeks break. He could get better a little now but still unable to move on from her yet. He is still sad but he decided to wish her the best with Minhyun as he believes that Minhyun would take care of her better than him. Recently Jonghyun’s boss has asked him about going to New York again, Jonghyun thinks it’s a good chance to move on so he decided to go to work in New York for two years and he will be leaving in one week.

-----

Finally, their 7th anniversary comes. Today if we’ve not broken up yet, they would be celebrating their 7th anniversary together. Unfortunately, they’ve finished before it. None of them have forgotten about this day and the place they usually celebrated it together. Every anniversary, they always came to Han River where they first confirmed their relationship as a couple.

Today, none of them think one another would come as they have finished this relationship for one month already. Jonghyun wanted to ignore today but he couldn’t win over his heart and memories so he decided to come for the last time though he would be alone this year. Jonghyun couldn’t control his tears. Here reminded him every memory he built with Y/N. It’s getting cold and Jonghyun is there sitting on the grass, crying.

Talking about Y/N, she wanted to ignore today too but as she believes that Jonghyun wouldn’t come so she took a flight to come to Seoul and went to their anniversary place.

When she arrived, she got so shocked to see Jonghyun was sitting right there at their place. She paused, stood still from him a few meters and sobbed. Jonghyun stood up and intending to leave. That moment when he turned back, he saw Y/N. They both got shocked to see each other and were speechless for a moment. They stood still, meeting eyes with each other and tears were naturally falling.

“I didn’t think you would come.” -Jonghyun-

“I didn’t believe you would come either. Why would you come? I don’t think it has any meaning for you anymore.” -Y/N-

“I thought the same. I don’t think there is any reason for you to come. Well, I’ve come quite long. I’m gonna go now. Take care!” -Jonghyun-

Jonghyun said then walked to leave her before he would cry much more than this in front of her. After walking from her like 1 meter, he heard sound of something falling. He quickly turned back and saw Y/N was laying on the grass unconsciously. He quickly ran to her and carried her. He tried to shake her body to wake her up but it didn’t work. She was so pale and sick. As she was like she was here alone, Jonghyun carried her to his car and drove her to hospital.

-----

[ At Treatment Room ]

Doctor and nurse were checking her condition. Jonghyun was waiting outside the room impatiently. After like 20 minutes later, doctor came out.

“Are you her husband?” asked the doctor.

“I..I’m not but we’re friend. What is wrong with her? Is she serious?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

“Yes she is so weak right now. It’s very important for pregnancy to have a good care within first few months. It’s easy to lose the baby.” -Doctor-

“What pregnant? Is she pregnant?” Jonghyun became so shocked to hear.

“Yes for 5 weeks now. Myabe the mother hasn’t known yet. She looks like it’s her first time to be pregnant. Please tell this good news to her when she wakes up! I’m going to give her some vitamin. Please tell her to drink regularly and go for a check up regularly too. She shall leave when she is awake. I’m gonna go now.” Doctor finished his words then left.

Jonghyun was so shocked. It is 5 weeks and it was around the time that he forced her to make love with him on her birthday that night. He went to treatment room to wait for Y/N to wake up so they can talk clearly about it.

After 1 hour, Y/N woke up. Jonghyun rushed to her and helped her to get up.

“Where am I? What happened to me? Oh Jonghyun…” Y/N struggled to get up. She didn’t remember what happened to her. Jonghyun remained silent for a while then he decided to talk.

“You fainted at Han River so I took you to hospital. Now you’re at hospital. And Y/N, do you know you are…..” Jonghyun was stuttering.

“I’m what?” Y/N has no idea what he was hesitating for.

“You’re pregnant. For 5 weeks now! I wonder if it’s my baby or that guy’s…..” -Jonghyun-

“Oh my! What are you saying? Am I really pregnant? It can’t be…..” Y/N burst out crying. She didn’t say anything to Jonghyun because she was too complicated and shocked over the news of being pregnant. Jonghyun had no idea why she would cry this much but he felt pity her and patted her back to console.

“Y/N, calm down! Don’t cry like this! Tell me whose is this baby’s father?” he tried to ask her again. Y/N looked at him. She wanted to say right away that it’s his but as she thought of how happy he is being in relationship with his new rich girlfriend right now, she decided to hide from him.

“Not yours! You don’t have to care because it’s not yours. Thanks for taking me to hospital! I gotta go now.” Y/N bowed to thank him then grabbed her bag to leave the hospital. Jonghyun wanted to follow her but he thought it wasn’t his place to take care of her anymore plus the baby isn’t his so he has no right to stay close with her anymore. It’s just he was so curious why she would be shocked and looked so sad to know that she is pregnant like this.

-----

Y/N is so hurt to know she is being pregnant Jonghyun’s baby. It definitely happened on the day that he forced her without using protection. Y/N kept thinking if she should keep or abort it. Finally, she made a decision. She will keep this baby and raise it alone without revealing it to Jonghyun. She just couldn’t kill the life who already is being born inside her stomach.

-----

After knowing that Y/N is being pregnant, it just gave Jonghyun more encouragement to move on from her. He just hopes that Minhyun would give her a happy family that she deserves. He decided to use that 2 years in New York to move on from her.

-----

Y/N decided to stay in Seoul for a few days before going back to her hometown. One day, she saw the news by chance about Jonghyun that he is going to become a CEO in New York branch for 2 years and will work with Jennie the daughter of his company’s chairman there. Y/N burst out crying as she knew that he will be gone from here for 2 years so even she wants to see him secretly, she can’t. When she knows he and Jennie will be together even there, she believes they both are having a strong love root for each other already. This point gave her encouragement to really not to tell him about the baby. She hopes he’ll live happily with Jennie no matter where he goes.

Y/N spent her few days in Seoul to go to see her old friends. She also asked Minhyun to meet. She has shared her pregnant news to Minhyun. Minhyun was so sad for her. First, he wanted her to tell Jonghyun the truth about the baby but Y/N kept refusing as she didn’t want to be a burden in Jonghyun and Jennie’s relationship so Minhyun decided to stop forcing her. He cheered her up and guaranteed to help her and her baby with all his best.

-----

On the day she is going back to Busan, she went to Jonghyun’s company, hoping to see him for the last time. She was waiting for him near the entrance of the company.

A moment later, Jonghyun came together with Jennie. Y/N felt very uncomfortable but she wanted to have a few words with Jonghyun before he leaves South Korea. Jonghyun was very shocked to see her in front of his company. He walked to her.

“Y/N, why did you come here?”

“I’m going back to Busan today and I heard about the news about you. You’re going to New York soon, right? I’m so happy for you. I only want to wish you good-luck and…..” Y/N almost dropped her tears. She was stuck with words at the middle of her speech. She soon faced down, avoiding his eyes. After she could make up her mind, she looked at his face back.

“I’ve gone to a pagoda this morning and I’ve bought some amulets. I think I should give you one. If you don’t mind, please take it!” Y/N took out an amulet from her bag and handed to him. Jonghyun was very emotional to see it like why she should do this to him. Jonghyun didn’t take the amulet right away. He was looking at it.

Jennie was with them too. She was watching them and she noticed how hurt Jonghyun was so she decided to speak up.

“Stop messing with him!” Jennie took the amulet and threw to the ground.
“What the hell do you want to do? You’re even pregnant now. Stop coming to him! Oh well, he’s leaving soon so he won’t be here for you to fool anymore. Jonghyun, let’s go!” Jennie expressed her anger to Y/N then held Jonghyun’s hand to walk into the company. Y/N was hurt and shocked to be treated like that. She slowly picked up the amulet and looked at them. Jonghyun turned back to look at her but he didn’t come back to her. They were looking at each other with tearful eyes until Jonghyun disappeared from her sight.

“Jonghyun, she looks so protective. She’s rich and beautiful. She’s way better than. Now I should know why you left me for her. Good-luck, Jonghyun! I’ll grow our baby well.” Y/N touched her stomach and painfully cried in front of the company for a while. Then she left to airport to fly back to Busan.

-----

After meeting with Y/N, Jonghyun couldn’t hold his tears. He kept crying inside his office because he can’t deny that his love for her is still the same. Jennie tried to console him. Jennie felt really pissed off with Y/N. Jennie was told by Jonghyun about Y/N is in relationship with Minhyun then ask Jonghyun to break up with him and now being pregnant with new boyfriend’s baby. So Jennie really hates Y/N and when she saw Y/N came to mess with Jonghyun and made him hurt like that, she couldn’t control her anger.

After crying for a while, Jonghyun finally could make up his mind and decided to forget the way Y/N cares for him this morning. It is just a few days left so he tries to focus on his work and his preparation for new place.

-----

Finally, the day that Jonghyun will leave has come. Jonghyun has prepared his suitcase and before he left, he looked around the dorm where he has been living with Y/N. When all memories with her popped up in his head again, he couldn’t stop crying. He spent an hour to cry over the memories and promised himself that it’ll be the last time for him to cry for her. Then he left to airport.

-----

[ At Airport ]

Jonghyun and Jennie went to airport and got an interview before they entered the boarding. After interview, Jonghyun ran into Minhyun. Minhyun was with a different girl. They were holding hand, kissing and acting so close together. Jonghyun was so shocked and furious to see. He quickly went to them.

“You cheap man! Are you betraying Y/N? Bastard!” Jonghyun entered to hit Minhyun on face right away. Minhyun didn’t even have chance to ask or say anything.

“How could you betray her? I gave her to you peacefully as I see how much she loves you but you, you’re dating other girl behind her back. She is even pregnant. How could you do this? I’m gonna kill you. How could you play with the girl I’ve been treasuring like this? Damn you!” Jonghyun kept beating Minhyun with his fists. Minhyun took a moment to be able to fight him back. Minhyun pushed Jonghyun and came above him.

“What are you saying? I’m not betraying anyone. This is my girlfriend I’ve just made. How could you treat me like this in front of her? Y/N isn’t my girlfriend. Why the hell you’re saying I’m betraying her? And I’m not the father of her baby either. You, you cheap man, you’re the father of that baby. You’re in love with this rich girl and abandoned Y/N. How dare you’re making up story to say these evil things to me?” Minhyun shouted back to Jonghyun while grabbing his collar tight. Jonghyun became so shocked and complicated to hear.

“What? You’re not dating with her and the baby is mine? What is this? And why are you saying I’m in relationship with Jennie?” Jonghyun curiously asked.

After that Minhyun told everything to Jonghyun, about how Y/N kept on doubting with him since that dating news until the night she saw Jonghyun was holding with Jennie on the bed inside the dorm.

Jonghyun received a very great shock and Jennie too. They didn’t know that Y/N has doubted and upset with them for all this time and that is the reason Y/N asked for a break up.

Jonghyun and Jennie shared their doubt on Minhyun and Y/N back. Minhyun was shocked to know the truth too. They all finally realized that it is all their own doubt and thoughts. They didn’t make thing clear with each other even once and ended up like this.

Jonghyun realized his mistake and when he knew she is having his baby; he didn’t think twice. He told Jennie that he’s not going to New York, he will go to Y/N and clarify everything with her. Jennie agreed with his decision. She felt so bad to be a reason to mess their relationship and felt sorry to have treated Y/N bad a few days ago. Jennie left to New York alone.

Minhyun was going to Japan trip with his girlfriend so he doesn’t have time to go to explain to Y/N with Jonghyun. He just wished Jonghyun a good luck and could repair everything with her.

-----

Jonghyun was sorry and happy at the same time as he knows it all was their stupid doubt and now he is having a baby with her. He soon bought ticket to fly to Busan to find her.

After an hour, he arrived at Busan and took another one hour to go to her home.

-----

[ At Y/N’s House ]

It’s already noon time. After lunch, Y/N went to a nearby sea to relax.

“I know you’re flying to a far place from here today. I wish you good-luck, Jonghyun. I’ll take care of our baby well.” she was talking alone and crying, looking at the sky saying good-bye to Jonghyun.

“Stupid girl!”

Jonghyun’s voice appeared. Y/N quickly turned around to see and she really saw Jonghyun was standing behind her. She was shocked.

“Jonghyun, why are you here? Aren’t you going to New York today?” Y/N stood up and still couldn’t believe the figure she is seeing.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m not leaving you and our baby. I won’t let you grow our baby alone.” Jonghyun burst out crying and entered to hug her. Y/N was shocked to hear that he knew about the baby.

“I was so stupid not to notice your pain, upset and doubt. I was busy doubting about you and forgot to notice your doubt on me… Y/N, we’ve been doubting each other for months. We believed our own doubt and came to the break up.” -Jonghyun-

Y/N had no idea what he is talking about. Jonghyun started telling her everything and Y/N was so shocked to know that it all was their doubt.

“Jonghyun, I’m sorry.” she burst out crying and hugged Jonghyun tight.

“Y/N, I’m sorry too. I would be regret for the rest of my life if I didn’t run into Minhyun today. I’m such a dumb. I’m very bad boyfriend and father. I’m sorry. I’ve never stopped loving you, my love.” Jonghyun hugged her and they both kept bawling with regret and sorry for each other.

After a moment, they became a bit calm and they agreed to make up. Jonghyun thought it was a good time for him to propose her so he took out the ring he wanted to give her since long time from his pocket then kneeled in front of her with showing the ring to her.

“Y/N, I’ll take sea, sand, sky, forest, all nature here to be my witness that I’ll love and protect you by my life until the world end. I’ll be a good husband to you and good father for our baby. Would you marry me?” -Jonghyun-

Y/N burst out crying with excitement.

“The day I’ve been waiting for… I love you, Jonghyun. I’d love to marry you. I’d love to be your wife. I’d love to be the mother of your babies and I’d love to stay with you until the world end.” -Y/N-

Jonghyun got very excited to hear. He put the proposal ring on her finger then stood up and patted her face softly. They were looking at each other with smile then they approached each other lips at the same time. It was a very sweet kiss that they haven’t had for a while.

After making up and the sweet proposal, they remained sitting at the sea until sunset. They finally could repair everything and promised no matter what happens they will trust each other and stop doubting on each other. They learnt that trusting is what couple needs the most in life.

 

----- The End -----