Chapter 2

Akaiito

"The man himself, Mr. Oh Sehun!!" Bora started clapping with a diva pose in a social party. Bora never liked Sehun, same goes with Sehun. More than a mere dislike, she hates his ideologies on viewing life in general. If Bora is blunt, Sehun is brusque which annoys her the most, to the point she can't stand him sometimes. Sehun on the other hand is too nonchalant, but sometimes signals his irritation in Bora's presence. Their hostility towards each other is quite entertaining though. 

On Bora's clapping, he bowed like a gentleman, blowing a flying kiss in her direction, which she obviously did not welcome. 

"What an unusual taste of dressing up Mr. Louis Vuitton. Did they finally offer you a criminal character for you to start your rehearsal?"

"Lanky popcorn, this... is called camouflage!" defining while theatrically extending his arms outward, showing off his appearance to Bora. I stood by the dinner table watching their entertaining greetings to each other.  His camouflage definition making me chuckle. 

"Or is it your insincerity to look decent enough for my love-struck roommate?" 

Click Click. After realizing what's happening Bora glared at me. 

"Lee Maya! Stop clicking pictures!" she started running after me and I, as usual, clicked maniacally.  Clicking pictures is a part of of me. Since middle school, I always fascinated  keeping memories from the weirdest to the most adorable moments.  The candidness all narrating a story of it's own. I go a little beyond, storing them in my scrapbook as well, yes, to this day. 

While running in circles not realizing sooner, I crashed into Sehun though he caught me by waist gripping tightly to prevent me from falling and my entire being went warm from core.  Intimidatingly he looked in my eyes, smoothly snatched the camera from my hand while staring me deeply, and placed it over the dining table.

Flawless, is an understatement defining Sehun. Devilishly sharp jawline that most people won't even gain after a face surgery, thin lips that has everyone swooning, his eyes are enough to boss around people, pale skin with a y adams apple bobbing on his neck. He is predatorily handsome that I doubt his human existence. 

"We'll be taking our leave lanky popcorn..." he hinted to Bora without ever leaving my eyes. I am sure Bora is cursing him but the background has become blur for me to notice. Swiftly pushing open my bedroom door to his left without leaving any distance between us he dragged me in. It's definitely his body strength that walked me two steps to my bedroom because my legs gave away the moment he caught me.  Closing the door he pushed me against it leaning in closer to my face. 

I was dazed in his eyes and as he leaned closer naturally I closed mine anticipating another warm tingles running from core slowly taking over my body.  Wait, I am not smelling right? few minutes ago I was lazing around with Bora, I am not even wearing a perfume. Now that I think, I haven't washed my hairs since 4 days. Yuck! I haven't even brushed my teeth. Disgusting! Should I take a quick sniff? Huh? What was that? Is he chuckling? oh my god.... he's breathing in my neck.  Is he going to kiss me there? That would be so.......

I felt weight on my left shoulder along with hot breath on my delicate neck sending chills down my spine. On opening my eyes his neatly set hairs gifted my view.

"I missed you......." he muttered in a low y tone against my neck, sending another set of chills. My hands went up behind his neck to his hairs in a naughty attempt to ruffle them. Before my greedy actions, he swooped me up in his arms ignoring my gasp, walking towards the single bed and we gave in to tempting urges.  All that could be felt surged through me settling in my core. A passionate night was all that took away my anxiety and uneasiness in his embrace. No words exchanged, since words are not enough to convey both of us to what depth our bond interlaces. 

Next morning when I woke up I was alone in my bed, the bed sheets comforting my bare shoulders made me smile. He never shows his sweet side directly. Quickly grabbing my over-sized T-shirt  which were so dramatically decorating my floor, I headed to living room while pulling them over my head. Good thing my underwears are in place. Bora was already having rice as her breakfast.

"Don't just eat rice, we have soup left, you'll get indigestion with just that..." I yawned, adjusting my eyes to brightness in the room. 

"Had fun last night? Mr. Louis Vuitton left early?"she is so teasing me sitting on a chair besides our small dinning table with one leg inwardly folded and other balanced on floor. Her tall slender body slightly hunched forward for eating breakfast while her bob cut style freshly washed hairs melting of water droplet everywhere, annoying the hell out of me, like damn, even a woman can go for someone like her. 

"He must be busy."  I reached out for water jar to hydrate my body after little sleep I had last night. 

"I see you didn't get a chance to sleep much. Go take a bath quick, I got his warning."

"Warning?" I started gulping down water from the jar to battle my thirst and low level of H2O. 

"Warning.." My eyes shifted on her while drinking when she pointed in my direction. After gulping down gallons of water, I kept the jar aside focusing my attention on Bora's hand gesture. She is pointing on my body?!

Confused I looked down and back to her "What?"

She reached out for her cell phone and took a couple of my picture before passing on to me. After taking a look in what she's captured my eyes almost sprang out of my eye socket in shock. To add more dramatic effect, I gasped too loudly and started coughing.

"Why is this a warning?" I asked her but never left my eyes off the screen, my other hand massaging the area below neck where he left his evidence. 

"He is extremely possessive about you Maya. It makes me worry."

Looking up I assured her, it is not something to worry about. Although this is the first time he's left marks on my body that too on places easily discoverable.  Is something up I wonder. 
"He has always been the possessive type. He never shows his insecurities rather his actions speaks for him." 

Scrutinizing my face for what felt like minutes, she nodded in acknowledgement and got up for her rest of her morning rituals.  Is something bothering her? Checking the time on our huge wall clock I hurried to dash for work.  

"Imprint! Imprint is important for this campaign!"

The meeting room is already buzzing with my boss's over dramatic elaboration on client's briefs.  Jihyun and Minho, my two best buddy peers, scribbling on their notepads exchanging some stupid review on our boss's monologue performance. Our brainstorming session is rather a brain wrecking one. Sure T&J is a huge advertising firm on Gangnam streets, but very hierarchical. Being a rookie, our ideas do not matter, as we are a part of organizational vision. Although  our senior takes due credits, sometimes even on their subordinate's behalf,  however  the organizational hierarchy is thrown out of the window the moment nepotists like Kwon Jenny steps in for appraisals. 

Spaced out in my thoughts I felt a nudge from Jihyun. Turning to face her she barely stifled a giggle  passing me her notepad scribbled with waggish remarks on Director Yoo. I snickered at her remark of him resembling a conductor of an orchestra when I heard a loud bang along with my name. 

"What did I say Maya? What were you jotting down notes?"

Think something, think something, my heart will explode if he approaches here. "That's what I was consulting Jihyun that a Model would do a great job" I blurted and instantly regretted. You are better than this Maya.

"A great job on what?"

What was he saying again, half of it was him blabbering and I don't remember the main point- "Imprint! This brand positioning would strengthen if we advise them to appoint a model relevant with the brand characteristics......" what am I even talking about.  I heard a snort coming from the nepotist, giving her a good glare I continued "we are talking about women's clothing line. So what if we conceptualize it in a way to reveal a famous celebrity's relevancy with Tunic?"

This will save me for the time being. I just can't leisurely play around, after a year of hardwork running as an intern, I finally got promoted to management executive- a ridiculous designation label for keeping a laborer.  Point is, it's my second year in this firm,on probation, if I hang on to this one, I'll get tones of opportunities in another one year. 

"Revealing relevancy?" Director Yoo repeated. As if they'll consider my suggestion. 

"It's not a bad idea" I froze. Looking up straight to meet Nepotist Jenny's eyes, who was staring me with contempt.  "We can even introduce a behind the story of Tunic's model. It was proposed for younger audience, this will be interesting." My instincts tell me her intentions are not at all in my favor. 

"Hmm..." our boss thought for a moment before stating "let me talk to Tunic's team about this. Since they are very open with their budget, they might consider." 

The strong instinct of owning my words overpowered me. Watching Jenny's lopsided grin, I got an inkling that if I don't step up now, Jenny will again own credits for this project which I so knowingly gave away. 

"On that note director, I think we have limitations to discuss here. There are things to be finalized on client's side." Oh so she's already trying to wrap this up. 

Before he could say anything, I half screamed loud enough " Since we are speaking of models, Director, can we convince them to appoint a male ambassador?" Jihyun whispered me if I am alright. 

"Male ambassador?"Director's Yoo's confused look encouraged me.

"The brief states unique positioning to stand out among competitors. A male ambassador will steal the spot light modeling with women's clothing."

I heard a What an absurd idea mumble from nepotist's direction. 

"It might sound absurd at first but director Yoo, allow me a day's time to forward you a presentation on this project. I promise I'll make it worth your wait"

I know by now Nepotist Jenny must be shooting daggers at me on my sudden surge of confidence. 

After giving a thought, Director Yoo agreed and left but not before warning me on my timeline. Excited I wanted to dance my way to our desks, this could be my chance to handle a project. Jihyun hurried beside me linking our arms while walking out of meeting room. 

"You gave me a heart attack there. You do know that bald director could get scary! But I am proud of you!" she asserted proudly. 

"I hope he'll like what I have in mind..." Yoo can be a hell of a boss but never compromises good plans for projects, criticizing even the minutest of details that could ruin everything. That's the reason why I lasted so long, unlike other superiors, he doesn't take nepotism bull, all he's concerned about is the success of his project. 

"So do you have someone on your mind as a model?"

"Why? We are in no position to recommend that to Tunics. It's their project, they'll decide, this is just a suggestion," well I pray they decide on this suggestion and make it reality. 

 "Oh come on this is just between us" she says motioning her index finger from her to me repeatedly, "just imagine you will be deciding Your model for Your project" the way she's stressing at Yours, finger crossed.

"Uhmm... I don't know... maybe.. Oh Sehun?" his name sending flutters inside me. God I miss him!

Laughing Jihyun almost tripped over nothing "Sehun for Tunics? He is already posing for Louis Vuitton" that I know. It's fun bringing up Sehun when they aren't aware of my relationship to him.

"But" she added.

"But?"

"Why only Sehun? We could also sign up Shin Yura for this brand"

I almost glared at her. I don't like hers and Sehun's name in one sentence. "Why?"

"They look good together" just lovely. 

"As if..." I chuckled looking ahead. 

"Why? Wait. You don'y know?"

"Don't know what?" I know everything about him darling, my inner self silently mocking her. 

"Rumors are... Shin Yura and Oh Sehun are dating now. Dispatch has confirmed it!"