Chapter 1

Akaiito

"We welcome Exotic's Sehun!" the television exploded with screams,cheers and claps. Haah! What a grand appearance! Maybe I should smash that manager of his who's busy in creating more busy schedules for the already busy person. 

"Can you turn the volume up? Today's a special episode of Hello Counsellor~" came a falsetto voice, chirping the last line while cleaning the wooden table. Bora surely is enjoying this situation, she's always been the type to chill and find it funny how people complicate their simplest of behaviours. 

"BoraBora, I see you are enjoying seeing me in torment! I haven't seen that man for 37 days!" 

"Tomorrow will be 38.  Is he an oxygen for you to get upset? I bet he's already started a new romance with his co-star. The very beautiful, charismatic, slender body, Shin Yu-" a pillow crashed her face before she could complete. What did she expect?! 

"I can't believe you are my roommate and best friend at that. Instead of cleaning that cheap wooden table, why not clean your brain?" I know bora didn't mean any of that. But her bluntness always hits hard, splitting me half. We've known each other for 6 years. I know for a fact that at this point whatever she says, is her way of caring for me. 

The hot sensation Oh Sehun of a very popular Kpop boy group Exotic, is dating me since 2 years. Fashion magazines, Fashion brands, modelling contracts, TVCs, drama agreements- a dream career schedule, if not anything, has already made us distant. Our early days were easy, fun, romantic. I wonder if he finds it too tiring to add me in his tight schedule, to make up for his absence and boyfriend responsibilities. 

"Maya, I think it's time to find a new hottie for you." Stunned at her sudden statement I turned to look at her, this talking so lightly while digging dirt from her nails. Scoffing in disbelief, I started laughing. 

"BoraBora...." I picked the books lying across me on floor, "if you still believe I could find someone like him, and a hottie you say, I'll have to be reborn!" shaking my head I collected rest of the books, bottle, diaries, papers whatever. I don't even know where I'll place them but her statement only meant that this is as far as we could go, and now he's out of my league, triggering enough that I found collecting things lying across floor distractedly interesting at that moment. 

I heard her sigh  and then walk around me in those shorts and T-shirts. After successfully gathering all my material which were uselessly resting on our apartment's dusty mattress floor, I got up and turned around to leave for my room, coming face-to-face with my roommate.  

"What? So you finally realized you like me? You gonna kiss me now?"

"Shut up! Look at yourself. The way he's left you in is not the best state you are in right now. You've given yourself to him so much that you are loosing it. Everyday I hear your disappointed sighs, see you frustrated, you don't even look after your appearance anymore since you think it's unneeded in his absence? That person is living his life fine, but you are destroying yourself for him."

"So what's the ideal type Sehun. Many women are keen on knowing this."

"Rather than an ideal type, a polite and caring woman will always be special for me" audience oohhing on his confession.

"Oh. I forgot he's still on this show." exhausted I went around Bora reaching out to the beer can, on the dinner table behind her. 

"Then we will assume your ideal type is someone very close to Miss Shin Yura. Miss Yura, what do you think? Doesn't he stand out as a fine partner?"    As if lightening has struck me, my heart clenched at that response. Stopping mid-way a second before I grabbed the beer can to open it furiously, I heard the audience cheers and a faint yell of 'you both look nice' Haah!! 

Bora was throwing curse words at that MC, but all my ears focused was on Shin Yura's response on the stupid comment made by that son of a- 

"Sehun is a very fine man. Even if he's not an ideal type,  it's irresistible to not notice how much of a fun person he is. In fact we are working in drama together, so I've grown li'l closer to him. He's very diligent."   

I turned around to see another cheer and a blushing Shin Yura, who is now apologizing that she didn't mean it other way. What a . She already tricked them in to thinking they are more than what's on surface. 

" thinks she did something. And that MC, he's the same one from let's talk people right? He's always asking controversial  questions. What are you standing there? Aren't you angry, your man is spending hell lot of time with that snake over there" she pointed at Shin Yura. "Do something dumbo, someone is lustfully eyeing your territorial property !"

"Weren't you saying I need to find a new hottie?"

"That's after you come clean of your relationship status!" 

"Wow! I can't wait for tomorrow, reading all sorts of fanfictions and speculations on SEHUN AND YURA." I screamed at her face. 

Both of us stared at each other in shock. No, it was not my screams that made her eyes bulge out, something else that we faintly noticed. 

"Did you hear that?" I kept my eyes fixed on hers while shaking my head. I am sure I was mirroring her face.

Ding Dong

We both screamed and cursed at the same time, wondering who was it at this hour. Bora walked towards our intercom asking who is it. 

"Hey, should we call the police? Some gangster looking person is here" Narrowing my eyes I walked towards the intercom showing a man with black shades, Black hoodie beneath black winter coat and a beige colored scarf wrapped around his face. I would say a great job looking openly suspicious with all that black. 

"Who is it?" I firmly voiced through the intercom mic.

"It's me." came a low, strong voice and I immediately rushed towards our main door.