Sadie Sullivan

Before I Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 18, 2019

“Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. Hi, Brooklyn” a lady dressed in black whispered as she sat down.

“How are you? Are you having fun over there?” the lady asked without getting a reply.

“I am doing fine. Still surviving day to day. I’m supposed to be at a birthday party today, but I decided not to go since I’m so tired of faking another smile, faking another laugh, socializing, pretending not I’m alright.”

“I miss you everyday” the lady whispered as tears gathered in her eyes.

She couldn’t help but ball herself up while breaking down as she sat down in front of her family's grave.

Behind the crying lady are three women looking concerned. They decided to take a few steps back to give the girl some privacy.

“My heart breaks every time.” Barb whispered to the other two.

“We really need to help Sadie. She needs to start accepting they are gone or else she will be stuck in this dark hole forever” Cassie said with a concerned look on her face.

“I am really concerned about her. We can’t leave her alone, especially today. We all know what she has done before and we can’t let it happen again.” Malia said while looking at the crying Sadie wearing a mixed look of sadness and concern.



~~~
 

August 18, 2009

“I know, Mom. I’m sorry I am running late. My alarm didn’t go off, then I forgot my passport and ticket, so I had to go back home, then it took me like 15 minutes just to get a taxi. I mean, could this day get any worse?” Sadie complained on the phone.

A murmuring response can be heard coming from the phone.

“Don’t worry, Mom. I already booked another flight. I will be there an hour after you all land.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter