Jaxon Reed

Before I Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 18, 2019

Click. *video plays*

“My love, Sandra, will you make me the happiest man on this planet and marry me?”

“Oh my god! Yes, Jaxon! Yes, I’ll marry you!”

Distant cheers can be heard in the background, but two voices overpower the cheering.

“I love you” Jaxon says while wearing the brightest smile.

“I love you, my safe haven. And happy happy birthday!” Sandra replies while smiling, but with a hint of sadness and doubt in her eyes.

“Thank you, my love. This is the best birthday gift ever” Jaxon softly replied.

As the video ended, silence blanketed the dark room full of empty alcohol bottles. The only sound that can be heard is a man sobbing.

Meanwhile, outside the room are four men standing listening to the man cry his heart out while wearing similar concerned faces.

“Man, it’s his 30th birthday. He should be out there celebrating and living life” Oliver, the youngest of the four, said.

“Yeah, but you know it’s also the 8th year anniversary of Sandra’s death” Elijah said.

“I know it’s bad to be mad at the dead, but I am still furious and confused why Sandra did this. On his birthday and their supposed wedding date” Liam shared with a hint of anger in his voice.

“We all know it was unfair, but Sandra was sick. Yes, it was unfortunate that it happened on this date, but we can’t go back in time. All we can do is provide our support and guide Jaxon towards the right path of moving forward” Noah shared.

“Come on, let’s give him some time,” Elijah said.

As the four men walked away, they heard the video play again.

 

~~~~

 

August 18, 2009

“You ready, Jax?” Elijah asked.

“I was born to be ready!” Jaxon said while smiling. The excitement in his eyes was visible.

“I can’t believe you are about to be engaged” Noah shared which made Jaxon laugh.

“How do you know she’s even going to say yes?” Oliver teased.

“Yeah, why are you so confident?” Liam added while laughing.

Before Jaxon could answer, Elijah asked “Also, why did you decide to do this on your birthday?”

“I bet he just wanted to save money so he decided to do a double celebration” Oliver added trying to annoy Jaxon.

“I shouldn’t have invited you all!” Jaxon glaringly said.

The four men just laughed. Jaxon did not mean what he said. How can he celebrate this day without his bestfriends. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter