Lightning Drops

Being of Dreams

Rain?

 



The last time, Seulgi can precisely pinpoint, that water drops fell from the sky in this dry little southern town was about 10 years ago and it wasn't even that much of a rain fall.

So excuse Seulgi's surprise because Rain?? It's actually raining in Gatlin and it's coming down hard!

Seulgi moves her face from the infirmary window to look at Yeri, who's fiddling with the small radio, in hopes of catching word about the sudden and drastic weather change.

"Well, folks! Looks like there's a storm coming our way!"

"Finally...", Yeri mumbles to herself after the metallic voice of the loud weatherman is understandable and fills the room through the radio.

"I believe this is God's way of punishing our tiny little town, after that tasteful comment Mayor Heart made our dry crops!", of course, there always has to be an attack at whoever doesn't boast about our town and have to give an Amen! to the good ol' Lord.

"Do you think this is gonna go on for long? He said there's an actual storm on top of us... That's kinda scary...", Yeri who has never experienced more than just a slight drizzle, looks positively terrified as the heavy drops crash roughly against the window, drowning out almost any other sound.

"I'm sure it's gonna be okay, Yeri! Heavy rains happen all the time, but since it doesn't happen often here people are being quick to call it a storm.", Seulgi tried to say with an easy smile, genuinely trying to ease down Yeri's nerves. "As long as it's just rain, it's gonna be jus-"

 



FLASH

 

 

A strong, bleary light made it's presence known. Oh no... I had to go and say that... The girls barely had time to recover from the blinding flash as, what's the loudest sound Seulgi's probably ever heard, bursts through Gatlin.

A menacing, defeaning rumble made the room and the windows (and the girls) shake and scream with fear.

 

Okay, so this was definitely a storm... And a big one at that...

 

Seulgi got up from where she was seated with a jump to be able to go to Yeri's side. The younger girl was crouching on the floor while crying, she wasn't that good with loud sounds. They stood there, hugging each other tightly, as the dark sky kept sending down violent thunders and rain.

Seulgi didn't get it. She liked reading alot, specially about other places, and had come through alot of information about storms and heavy falls like this and she never, ever read anything about such a sudden and drastic change in the weather! It was literally as sunny as it could get and in a literal blink of an eye, the sky went completely dark and it started pouring down. It was really strange...

 

After what felt like an eternity (it was just like 5 minutes), the thunder and the lightning took a break and finally let the girls breath again.

Seulgi sighed loudly and she slumped against the floor. Before she could even ask Yeri if she was okay, the younger girl's phone rang, making the two jump slightly. It was her parents, panicking about their daughter's whereabouts and saying they were going to pick her up at school, to not go anywhere.

Seulgi walks Yeri to the main entrance, both getting prepared to get completely drenched as Yeri goes to her parent's car and Seulgi to her own. They both sigh before hugging, whispering a soft 'stay safe' and bidding each other goodbye.

1,

2

.

.

.

3!

Seulgi exhaled before bolting towards her car, giggling a bit as she (despite being very terrified because the thunder is starting to come back) feels like a little kid playing in the rain.

 

The drive home feels long and incredibly frightening.

Besides the obvious fact that Seulgi is far from being used to driving in the rain and that the lightning is blinding her every few moments, something just feels extremely... off.

There's just something in the air, in the empty road, that's making every fiber of Seulgi's body stay on max alert.

Seulgi's so focused on everything that when she catches something flashing by on the rear view mirror, she almost breaks her neck with how fast she snaps her head to look behind.

 

Problem is.  There's nothing behind Seulgi, there's in front.

Right smack in the middle of the road.

 

A woman.

 

 

Joohyun.

 

In her stupor and shock (thank the heavens for her fast reflexes), Seulgi's able to hit the brakes and swerve the car away from the (very creepy looking, like a ghost!) girl, action that makes her car slide across the road for a bit before finally stopping.

 

Seulgi's heart is beating so fast right now, she knows, because it's all she can hear aside from the ringing in her ears.

Her eyes are completely locked in on her tight grip on the wheel, her knuckles turning white with the force she's putting into her hold, like it's the only thing keeping her from crumbling apart.

 

, she's scared.

 

She's so scared of looking back, looking at her.

She wants to though, she wants to at least make sure the girl's okay.

 

She wants to look at her, even if those eyes completely drain her of oxygen.

 

Seulgi's once again doing a lame pep-talk. Seulgi, just get out the car, ask if she's okay, ask why the was she just standing there in the middle of the road when there's a ing storm happening and then just be on your merry way, girl! How hard can it be?? It's not like she's gonna kill you, stupid!, she scoffs at the thought of that, even though there's a small voice saying, but what if?

 

Before Seulgi can even begin to indulge in those thoughts, someone knocks on her side of the window, making Seulgi scream the loudest she ever has.

She lamely catches her breath and clears before looking up at the window.

 

Her heart completely stops, her breathing and brain too.

 

Through the foggy, raindrop covered mirror and the bright flashes of light, Seulgi sees her.

 

But her eyes....

 

They're not the impossibly black eyes Seulgi has already seen so many time. No. They're...

 

 

Purple???

 

What the ???

 

How are eyes even th-

 

Another knock is heard, Seulgi can only guess she just had the stupidest face ever on, because she's looking at Seulgi like she is. Stupid. Seulgi really doesn't know anything.

But she doesn't indulge, awkwardly shuffling in her seat to get out of her seat belt and bracing herself for the incoming cold rainfall on her body, Seulgi opens the door and climbs out of her car, her body freezing once more, because, how can I not...? She's right in from me...

 

 

Silence truly is the loudest noise there is.

 

They're both quiet. Just taking each other's soaked selves in. There's so much happening even though none of them is talking or doing anything.

 

Seulgi thinks, hopes, that with the way Joohyun's looking at Seulgi, that maybe she has dreamt of her as well, that maybe, just maybe, she knows more, knows Seulgi.

 

So, with trembling strength and a shaky breath, Seulgi tries to breach through.

 

 

 

"D-do you know me?"

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME??"

 

 

Wait, what??

 

Did she- ??

 

"I'm not following you!?"

 

A scoff.

 

"Well, I think you are! All creepy, looking at me all weird... And now this!!" 

 

What????

 

Seulgi is genuinely so confused with sudden turn of events, that she doesn't even register that she's actually talking with the girl and that her eyes are still very much purple.

The only thing, that her brain is actually able to process is the fact this girl is accusing her of such things!

 

"You were standing in the middle of the road! In the middle of a storm!! What was I supposed to do?? And...", she stops in her tracks, looking like a fish outside of water, given the way Joohyun is talking to Seulgi, she thinks maybe telling her she's been dreaming about her, might not be taken in the right way and that she probably doesn't know Seulgi, "I-I thought you were someone...", Seulgi says weakly, looking down at her feet.

 

She suddenly feels weak. Why would this girl be the one in her dreams? Why would she know anything about it? It's just dreams, it'd be impossible. Seulgi sighs and looks up at the breathtaking girl once more, taking in the way the purple eyes are observing Seulgi. Judging her and her words.

 

After what feels like an eternity (again), Joohyun speaks, much calmer and softer, just like the rain that is starting to let down.

 

"I got lost", "What?", "I got lost, okay?? I was trying to go back to my uncle's home and I got lost", she mutters while looking away from Seulgi, obviously embarrassed, although Seulgi feels like there's more to it, she decides not to press about it.

Joohyun looks up at Seulgi, her eyes back to their dark depths, and just like her eyes that are back to normal, so is the weather.

Seulgi looks up at the sky and frowns. What the dude? It was just pouring and now... Seulgi shakes her head and sigh, looking down at Joohyun with a deep frown. She's about to question, everything, but decides against it.

Joohyun looks relieved. Why?

"I don't like the rain."

 

 

"What?"

"I said, I don't like the rain". Joohyun says it clearly, like Seulgi asked her something, like Seulgi asked why she looked relieved. Seulgi gives her another weird look, before, once again, deciding against voicing any of her thoughts.

"Okay.....

 

Can I give you a ride home", Seulgi asks awkwardly, not sure what to do or say now that she has those weird thoughts and that mood and vibe between them shifts. 

 

"It's not home, it's my uncle's house. But yeah, I'd appreciate it if you did.", she says rather defensively, like she's offended Seulgi even mentioned the possibility of Boo Radley's place being her home (can't really blame her for it).

 

"I'm not a creep by the way... I was just surprised when I first saw you, I-I... I really thought you were someone else", Seulgi feels the need to defend and justify herself once more.

 

"I know"

"You know?"

"Yeah"

"You were just screaming in my face about being creepy and stalking you though"

"Well, I'm not anymore, am I?", Joohyun says challengingly, staring straight into Seulgi's shaky eyes (which is kinda hot, not gonna lie). She gulps.

"You change your mind very quickly...", Seulgi mumbles weakly, hoping Joohyun doesn't catch the comment. But she does, the sideway glare tells Seulgi she heard loud and clear.

 

Seulgi can only watch dumbly as Joohyun goes around her car and gets inside it, rather comfortably, if I might add. Seulgi sighs loudly before opening her door.

 

 

 

This is going to be so weird...