Murky Waters

Being of Dreams

Breath Seulgi.

 

A voice tells her but she can't.

 

No matter how hard she tries, all Seulgi feels getting into her lungs is water, dark, musky, thick water like the one in the scary swamp she's never dared walking too deep into out of fear.

Her body feels heavy, cold... weak. It doesn't feel like she'll be able to last much longer.

These past few nights her dreams have been getting so much more intense, the feeling and fear of actually not being able to wake up because she has died in her dreams, have been taking a huge toll on her body and mind.

Seulgi wonders.

Why does she have these dreams, why does she always feel like dying in these endless pits of death her sleep takes her to. Why is she always there?

The sight of that woman, the one Seulgi sees every single time right before her heart beats it's last, is what bothers Seulgi the most. She's never seen anyone so beautiful and enthralling but also so, so terrifying and hair-curling as the woman in her dreams. And to make it worse she has no idea who the girl is, she feels so familiar but so distant at the same time and when Seulgi wakes up all she can remember is the woman's dark black eyes that seem to bore straight into Seulgi's soul.

Ah, there you are, Seulgi thinks as her eyes make out the one's that belong to the mysterious being that's been marking her imminent death.

 

Seulgi. Breath.

 

Seulgi hears the voice telling her again, is it her voice?, she thinks before trying to gulp some air into her lungs, but once again, failing.

It's becoming too much and before she kicks the bucket for real, Seulgi has to know who the woman is.

Who are y-

 

*GASP*

 

Her chest is burning. Her head feels woozy and light unlike her body that feels like it weights a ton. Seulgi always feels like she's been hit by a truck whenever she's ripped from her dreams like this (whenever she comes back to life, she likes to joke), but right now... It's definitely the worst one so far.

Seulgi's brow creases as her hand presses against her chest, doing everything in her power to control her heart and breathing that are still trying to come down from the panic of having such a close (and what feels like) real encounter with death.

"God..." Seulgi rasps with a worn out voice and heavy, tired groan. She tries and sit down in her bed, only to sigh deeply as her senses come to and she realizes her body and bed are completely drenched in water. Dark, musky, thick water...

It's always like this when she wakes up, it scares her so much, because it mean it can't just be a simple dream. Whenever she dies in her sleep, whatever, or whoever killed, comes with her to reality. Seulgi once dreamt she was being buried alive, right after seeing those eyes, she woke up to find herself clawing out of a pile of dirt in her own bed. One other time, a fire inside a house Seulgi has never been to, she thought she was still dreaming when she woke up due to the amount of smoke that was clogging up her room.

She sighs once more, truly exhausted and tired of the unknown of this all. What does it mean? Why is it happening to her? So many questions Seulgi fears will never find answers, especially not now. It's her first day of school, her last year in that school and hopefully in this good for nothing town she has to call home.

"To another year just like the last two..." Seulgi mumbles to herself before taking one last deep breath and getting up. She has to do something about the sheets and herself before heading down for breakfast, and so she does, thinking her life couldn't get more dull and tiring than what it already was.

 

 

But boy... Was she wrong.