Extra (2/2): Care

My Fairy Godmother

"Why were you in the 2nd-grade hallway alone? Do you have a death wish?" Kyuhyun grumbled irritably. He dragged the pink-haired boy to the school health unit because he remembered Changmin -his friend who was in a different class- and Taemin -the boy from the class next to him- had borrowed a spare uniform here when they tore their pants when playing soccer.

Yesung was sitting in one of the vacant seats. He bowed his head low and didn’t respond against Kyuhyun's scolding. His tiny fingers tighten the hold on the package wrapped in cloth he had been holding for a while.

"Here, change your clothes with this, use this towel for your head, and here’s wet tissue to clean the sticky milkshake," Kyuhyun put a white shirt, clean towel, and a box of wet tissue on the table located on Yesung's side. He frowned when the other boy didn't budge from his place, "what are you doing? Hurry up and get change or you will catch a cold, babo!"

"I wouldn’t undress if you keep staring at me like that, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi."

Yesung's cold tone made Kyuhyun realize that he had been staring at his senior smaller figure for a while as if he wanted to watch him change. Kyuhyun cleared his throat awkwardly and turned his back on him, "k-keep dreaming!"

Kyuhyun cursed. Did he just stutter?

Unbeknownst to him, Yesung smiled faintly at his stutter. He found Kyuhyun’s shyness cute.

"Why did you help me?"

Kyuhyun could hear Yesung’s soft muttering breaking the awkward silence. He looked up, staring at the ceiling of the white room.

"I overheard it. And I am the only one who can bully you, not them."

A soft hum from the boy behind him ends their short conversation. Silence envelopes them once again, however this time it’s a comfortable one.

After cleaning up the sticky milkshake on his skin and changing into a clean shirt (which is 2 size larger), he sat back on his chair. He grabbed the towel and started to dry his hair with the method Heechul had taught him before. Kyuhyun turned after he heard the creak from the wooden chair Yesung sat on. His eyes studied his senior’s appearance.

The pink-haired young man was busy rolling up his sleeve when Kyuhyun's hand suddenly shot and grabbed his front collar. Yesung was very surprised and hit Kyuhyun spontaneously.

SMACK!

"YAH!! What are you doing?!!" Yesung yelled as he leaped away from his junior who was rubbing his injured head and groaning in pain, "just because you helped me, doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want to me! I didn't ask for help!"

The victim glared at him with annoyance, "That’s hurt, you know?! I just want to button up your shirt!"

"It’s already buttoned well, don't look for excuses you ert!"

Kyuhyun would not care at all if Yesung ed the topmost button when he was wearing his own uniform. However, Yesung was wearing a shirt two sizes larger than usual right now and if he didn't button his top button, anyone could get a glance of his smooth chest.

And Kyuhyun didn't like it.

Yesung cursed under his breath as he rolled up his sleeve again. Occasionally, he would glance at his junior to make sure he didn’t do anything weird again.

"If you don't button it up, I won't let you out," Kyuhyun insisted, how could he let this clueless guy leave and attract more unwanted attention? Kyuhyun leaned to the only exit of the room, his hands folded on his chest.

The pink-haired young man stared unblinking at his junior, then let out a sigh, "don't kid around, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi. It’s just a button!"

Kyuhyun doesn’t reply. He was still silent; a sign that he was 100% serious with his words.

Yesung was getting desperate, "Kyuhyun-ssi, I have to go back to class after this! Songsaengnim will hunt me if I miss his class!"

"What subject?"

"Mathematics."

Kyuhyun snorted.

"Just skip it, I'll help you do your extra assignment if songsaengnim decides to give you one."

Yesung massaged his temple, he was tired. Arguing with Kyuhyun only drained his energy because that boy was as stubborn as a mule. The pink-haired young man finally decided to give in and button up his collar. After he finished, he glared at the boy who was still standing in front of the door, "satisfied?"

Kyuhyun looked at his senior again, "you haven't answered my question, why are you on the second-grade hallway alone?"

Yesung was really annoyed at Kyuhyun’s behavior. He is not his boyfriend nor brother, but why does he always want to know everything about him?!

Yesung was too exhausted to argue. He was sure Kyuhyun would drain more of his energy if he chose to dodge the question.

"Hyukjae was absent today, so I planned to have lunch with Hae instead. Turns out he was not in the class. When I wanted to go back to my class, your fan club already cornered me. You already know what happened next," Yesung grabbed his red cloth package that had been ignored for a while, "now step aside! I've done everything you wanted."

He was naive enough to believe that the taller boy would let him go easily after he answered all his questions. Instead of stepping aside, Kyuhyun looked annoyed after hearing Yesung’s answer.

"Cho -..."

"Eat."

Yesung blinked confusedly.

"You haven't had lunch, right? Eat here. Finish your lunch and I'll let you go," Kyuhyun glanced at the package wrapped in cloth that had been held by Yesung for a while, "it's your lunch, right? Finish it."

Yesung was surprised. How did Kyuhyun know that this was his lunch box?? Yesung wanted to ask about it, but he decided that it was not important. Besides, it’s not only himself who brought lunch from home. Some students also brought their own lunch. But, only Yesung used red cloth with a turtle pattern on it to wrap his lunch box.

"But it’s for two people! I can't finish it alone! I also have to go back to class soon, songsaengnim must be looking for me!" Yesung tried to push Kyuhyun's body away from the door but the man didn't budge even an inch. No, Yesung didn't think he was weaker than Kyuhyun. It’s because he hadn't eaten yet and his energy was already depleted from their previous banter. He was not willing to admit that Kyuhyun was stronger than him.

"Then let’s eat together."

"Huh?"

Kyuhyun moved from his position while pulling his senior's hand towards one of the beds located in the corner of the room. He lifted him up effortlessly and sat him up on the mattress while he sat in a cheap plastic chair beside it. It all happened so fast that Yesung didn't have time to fight back when Kyuhyun lifted his body and positioned him like what he wanted.

"Hm? Wow, what a feast."

Yesung realized his junior had already opened his lunch boxes without permission, he could only sigh when Kyuhyun took the chopsticks that he had prepared for Donghae and started to devour it as if he hadn't eaten for a week.

Yesung took his chopsticks and ate his lunch slowly. He was amazed and at the same time amused when he saw the young man in front of him eat like a horse. He didn't hear any protests from him, which means his homemade food had met Cho Kyuhyun's standards.

Yesung secretly felt happy because Kyuhyun ate well and seemed to like his food. Correction, he was always happy if his dongsaengs ate his food with gusto.

"You made it yourself?"

Yesung who had been watching his junior for a while was startled at Kyuhyun's sudden question, "Ah, Eomma helped me," he said quietly. Never in his wildest dream did he think he could sit and talk with Cho Kyuhyun peacefully like this. Usually, whenever they meet, it never ends well. It always ends up with him throwing insults or taunting each other.

"Not bad," Kyuhyun picked a piece of kimchi using his chopstick and put it in his mouth, "it’s pretty good."

Yesung could not hide the smile that formed on his lips, "then please eat a lot," he split his kimchi portion and put some of it to Donghae’s lunch box -which is now Kyuhyun’s-. He also gave Kyuhyun all his rolled omelets, leaving only boiled bean sprouts, fried tofu, rice, and shredded ​​dried seaweed in his lunch box.

Kyuhyun who had been busy eating delicious lunch made by Yesung (and of course he won't say it blatantly) stopped his movement when he caught Yesung putting the third omelet on his lunch box. He lifted his head and found Yesung's lunch box is almost empty. Almost all of its components were on Kyuhyun's box now.

"Yah!! If you give it all to me, what are you eating then?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. He shot an annoyed look at the other boy.

Yesung was surprised at Kyuhyun’s sudden exclamation. He didn't understand, every time he gave his side dish to Donghae or Hyukjae; they were always very happy because they could eat more delicious food. Both of them even had a fight over Yesung's last omelet once. He thought Kyuhyun would be happy too if he gave his share, but why was he angry?

Kyuhyun picked the rolled omelet and lifted it in front of his senior's mouth using his chopstick, he looked Yesung straight in the eye with a stern glare.

The smaller male blinked, "I can eat by myself," he pushed his junior's hand away, "it's for you Kyuhyun-ssi."

"Eat. And just Kyuhyun."

Yesung sighed for the umpteenth time in this one hour period, "I'm already full, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun shook his head hard, he frowned. He was still holding the chopstick with an omelet on the end of it in front of Yesung's mouth.

"Kyuhyun..."

No answer.

Yesung sighed -again-.

The pink-haired young man finally opened his mouth and welcomed the rolled omelet with his mouth. He didn’t miss how the corner of Kyuhyun's lips twitched to hold back a smile, but Yesung chose not to comment about that.

This time Kyuhyun picked rice, sausages, and kimchi. He rose from his chair so he could feed his senior easily, "you like to take care of the others so much yet you didn't take care of yourself," he raised his chopsticks in front of Yesung's face, "probably that's why you are quite light."

Yesung was somewhat offended at Kyuhyun’s comment about his weight. But before he could even protest, Kyuhyun already shoved the food into his mouth thus silencing him.

"Nobody allowed to protest in front of Cho Kyuhyun," said the brown-haired young man as he returned to dig his nearly-empty lunchbox. He winced when Yesung hit his shoulder lightly because of his unexpected action.

Feeling that all his protest would fall on deaf ears; Yesung chose to stay silent and chew. Kyuhyun would occasionally eat his lunch but his top priority was feeding Yesung.

"Um ... thank you ..."

Kyuhyun, who was stirring the sausages in sauce, raised his head at his senior gentle voice. Yesung was bowing his head down, his pink strands hid half of his face.

"Thank you for helping me earlier, even though I don't need it ... and ... um ..." Yesung glanced at his junior who had been silent, checking the young man's reaction, "I apologize for throwing a cake at you a few days ago..."

"... then you owe me two right?" Kyuhyun finally said after a while. Yesung nodded weakly, he gulped. He was worried Kyuhyun might ask something impossible.

"But because I am a nice person -...." Yesung frowned when Kyuhyun said nice, "...-I will only count it as one. And it's very easy to pay it up."

Kyuhyun grinned, "you have to bring me your homemade lunch every day until you graduate."

The pink-haired young man blinked, he thought Kyuhyun would make him do something ridiculous. This was unexpected.

"But I'm not sure if I can make 3 lunch boxes a day... and what about the ingredients?" Yesung tried to reason. Not that he didn't want to, he was happy to see his dongsaeng eating well, especially eating his food. But preparing 3 set meals every day was quite troublesome and time-consuming.

"Who said you have to make 3 lunch boxes? Just make 2 as you usually do," Kyuhyun said nonchalantly while finishing his boiled sprouts.

Yesung became more confused, then how about Hyukjae?

"I will wait for you every day on lunch break at the bench under the apple tree in the school garden. Make sure to bring your lunch boxes," Kyuhyun devoured the fried tofu, "if your slow brain still can't process it, let me simplify: You only have to make two lunchboxes; for me and for you. Forget that damned monkey and fish you called friends. I'll send the ingredients to your house. "

Yesung wanted to protest but he couldn’t. Kyuhyun had prepared everything and what he had to do was cooking. At least he doesn't need to spend his own money to buy the ingredients of the lunch box.

"All right," he sighed resignedly. It seems like he has to tell Donghae and Hyukjae to start bringing their own lunch from tomorrow...

Kyuhyun smiled, satisfied at his senior’s answer. He picked the last tofu and held it up in front of Yesung's mouth, "now, open your mouth."

"Oh, am I disturbing something?"

Kyuhyun has never turned his head this fast in his entire life. A male with dark hair who was just opening the door stared at them in confusion. Their eyes met.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, why did you feed Yesung hyung? Is Yesung hyung sick?" the boy asked again, this time with a worried tone. He approached the other two males hurriedly.

Kyuhyun didn’t answer the guy's question. He put down the lunchbox he had been holding onto the table and rushed out of the room. His ears were red; embarrassed from being caught doing cheesy stuff. He didn’t forget to accidentally bumped the young man's shoulder and made the victim swayed slightly from the impact.

Ha! Take that stupid fish!

The young man -who turned out to be Lee Donghae- looked surprised at Kyuhyun’s rude attitude toward him, but he shrugged it off. Probably Kyuhyun is in a bad mood?

"Hyung, I heard you came to my class, what happened? Why did you wear a spare uniform? Why were you fed by Kyuhyun-ssi? Are you sick?" Donghae shot a barrage of questions without waiting for his senior to answer them one by one. His dark, melancholy eyes stared Yesung worriedly.

Yesung patted the black hair in front of him gently to calm him down, "I want to have lunch together with you because Hyukjae didn't come to school today. But you weren't in the class. When I wanted to return to my class, Kyuhyun's fan club suddenly cornered me and they poured water on me. Kyuhyun helped me and took me here to change clothes, then we had lunch here. "

Donghae gasped, he immediately hugged his dearest hyung, "are you hurt somewhere, hyung? I am sorry I'm not there when it happened..."

Yesung smiled, then shook his head while patting the shoulders of his dongsaeng, Donghae’s concern melted his heart.

"Ah, by the way, I want to eat Yesung hyung's homemade lunch now! Yesung hyung's cooking is always delicious!"

Yesung scratched his head nervously, "umm ... it seems like Kyuhyun already devoured it all… I am sorry, Hae..." he glanced at the two empty lunch boxes lying on the bedside table.

Donghae was rendered speechless at Yesung's revelation.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continued

A/N:
This is actually should be double update for last week, but you see... I am really slow at translating and it took me 3-4 days to translate this chapter... seems like I need beta...

Now that extras chapters are done, we will continue to the main chapter next week!