Ch 8

My Five Year Old Prince

During the time of his classes, Sandeul couldn't help but worry about Hyeri who was still in the clinic after fainting. He knew the girls who follow him around were the reason to Hyeri's sudden avoidance to him and also her being sick. He felt bad for teasing Hyeri and for following her around when it was hard for her to even just talk to him in her situation. If he didn’t do that something like this wouldn’t have happened.

As soon as the classes were over Sandeul hurriedly went to the clinic room to check up on Hyeri once again. Sandeul found her awake talking to the school nurse, she was sitting on the clinic bed and she still looked pale and weak.

“Oh, Sandeul-sshi you’re here!” the school nurse called out. “I assume classes are over now?” she asked and Sandeul nodded. “How is Hyeri doing?” Sandeul asked. “You don’t have to worry about me Sandeul ah, I’m totally fine.” Hyeri responded which was a total lie. Hyeri eyelids were heavy and she felt much more sick today than she ever did.

“To be honest Hyeri is still not well, but I’m sure after some sleep and medicine for her fever and she’ll be back to school healthy as a horse tomorrow.” The nurse explained.

“Am I free to go now?” Hyeri asked the nurse and she nodded. “Are you perhaps going home together?” She asked. “Yes.” “No.” Hyeri seemed to still dislike the idea of walking home with him. “Oh, I thought you were going together with him. Would you like me to call the class president for you?” thr nurse asked.

“No need. I’m sure Hyeri won’t mind going home together with me. We live across with each other.” Sandeul said meanwhile Hyeri just gave him a “don’t you dare” look. “That’s wonderful! Why don’t you two head along now then?” the nurse suggested and helped Hyeri stand up from where she was sitting.

Sandeul grabbed Hyeri’s backpack from the chair and draped it on his other shoulder. They walked slowly out of the clinic and passed through the almost empty hallways without talking to each other when suddenly Hyeri spoke. “You don’t have to be nice to me you know.”

“It’s not called being nice you know. You’re sick. You obviously needed my help.” Sandeul smirked at her knowing that he’s right. “Aren’t you in the basketball team with B1A4? Don’t you guys have practices in the afternoon? ” Hyeri asked. “Well I am with them. Don’t worry about that, I’m sure they wont mind me skipping one practice. Especially if it is for a good purpose.” Sandeul told her and smiled once again. The guy was awfully cheerful for no reason.

The two of them reached Hyeri’s house first, Sandeul handed Hyeri her bag and was about to leave when Hyeri’s mother saw them by the doorstep.

“Oh it’s that young man from last time!” she called out from what it seemed like the kitchen. “Anneyong haseyo Mrs. Kwon.” Sandeul said and gave her a bow. “Come in! Come in! Hyeri ah! What were you doing keeping him outside?” her mother nagged. Hyeri sighed and held the door open for Sandeul to head inside.

Hyeri’s mother was thrilled to see him once again, Sandeul was the first guy who approached her daughter, the guy who showed interest and concern towards her Hyeri. The first time she saw Sandeul she had this feeling that this guy was the right man for her daughter. Hyeri was about to be eighteen years old, and yet she had not introduced a single man to her mother. Even fourteen-year old girls nowadays have boyfriends. Hyeri was not bad looking at all, in fact she was beyond average, the only problem was she never the type to get along with boys and Sandeul was no exception.

Her mother would just have to find a solution for that problem.

Mrs. Kwon busied herself in the kitchen while she forced or tried to convince the two to study and do their homework together. Hyeri and Sandeul stayed in the living room, bags piled in the side, they placed their books on the table and started working on the new lesson taught earlier in class this morning. Mrs. Kwon started humming in the kitchen and Sandeul saw Hyeri’s embarrassed reaction. She looked like as if she wanted to run into her room and hide. “Your mom is cool.” Sandeul told her.

“This is one of the reasons why I didn’t want you to come with me.” Hyeri whispered. “I’m sorry.” Hyeri apologized and suddenly her mom from the kitchen called the both of them to the kitchen.

Mrs. Kwon prepared a lot of food for the both of them, and with that Hyeri knew her mom was up to something.

“Hyeri ah, tell your friend to stay for a little while more and join us for dinner.” She said.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Kwon, but I think I have already bothered you enough. I’ll just eat dinner at home.” Sandeul said.

“Nonesense! I have cooked more than enough just for you, I’m sure Minah (Sandeul’s mom) would understand if I explain it to her.” Mrs. Kwon said leaving Sandeul no choice but to just agree and the three of them strted eating dinner. Hyeri became more embarrassed of her mother when Mrs. Kwon suddenly placed a piece of meat on Sanduel’s place and told him to eat more.

“So Sandeul ah, I heard from your mother that you guys came from China? Did you find it hard adjusting to your school now?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Not at all maam, I actually studied Grade school here in Korea, my parents and I moved to China when I was starting middle school.” Sandeul explained.

“Ah, I see. I thought you guys were really from China. Anyway is Hyeri being nice to you? Hyeri does not easily get along with boys you see. There are times that you might feel like you’re being pushed away just-.” Mrs. Kwon stopped talking when her daughter shouted at her telling her to stop.

“Hyeri is actually an amazing person. She is friendly, smart, and fun. To be honest she was the first person that caught my eye when I entered the class as a new student, and when she became my friend I was thankful for that.” Sandeul said. Hyeri looked at Sandeul with a shocked expression. She didn’t know Sandeul taught of her as like that. Sandeul had never showed or expressed what was on his mind, all he did was tease and bully her like a seven year-old boy pulling on pranks and it always drove her mad. The both of them ended up constantly fighting.

After dinner, Hyeri’s mother volunteered to wash the dishes before Hyeri even washes them and she told Hyeri to show Sandeul his way out. Hyeri groaned and did what she was told to and she shut the door behind her when they were out, so that her mother wouldn’t be able to hear them.

“Yah Lee Sandeul! You swindler! I didn’t know you thought of me like that.” Hyeri said and placed her arms on her waist. “Oh, that. It’s nothing, it does not matter I think of you. It does not change anything.” Sandeul said.

“Well to me it does! I wouldn’t have hated you and argued with you if I knew.” Hyeri responded.

“Would we even get to talk to each other if I wasn’t mean to you? You would have probably talked to Jinyoung but not me.” Sandeul made his point.

“Of course we would!” Hyeri insisted.

“I highly doubt that.” Sandeul said.

“Fine! Fine! What is your point then? Why bring up Jinyoung?” Hyeri gave up and asked.

“Kwon Hyeri ah, you better listen to me carefully to what I am about to say.” Sandeul said and continued.

“It doesn’t matter what you think of me before or even after this. I just want you to know that I like you, I have been since the first time I saw you. I have always been wanting for you to notice me, even if it means making you hate me, it was fine with me.” He finished and looked at Hyeri who looked dumbfounded.

“I don’t know what to say.” Hyeri spoke and Sandeul laughed.

“You don’t have to say anything. At least not now.” Sandeul smiled and patted Hyeri’s head.

“Go inside, get some rest and drink you medicine. I’ll see you tomorrow Hyeri ah.” Sandeul said and waved at her before crossing the street and reached his own doorstep.

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait guys ^^

I made this chapter a little bit longer than usual.. I hope you like it! :3