Chapter 4

Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Psst!”

 

“Psst!”

 

“Can you seriously quit it?!” I stood up, flustered.

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything”, said Yongsun.

“Are you a kid or something? Are you that bored to pretend not to call me again and again even if you do?”

“It was seriously not me! Why are you blaming me for something I didn’t even do?!”

“You think I’m a fool or some—”

“Psst!”

“You were closing your mouth, right? I’m looking at you.”

“I am.” She said.

“Then who’s that?”

“I told you, it wasn’t me!”

“Then—” We looked at each other, feeling frightened.

 

Like kids, we ran out our office without even thinking twice.

 

“Are you both okay? Do you have any problem?” Our officemate asked.

“We think there’s a gh—”

“Nothing at all. We just thought running would be a good exercise after sitting for a long time.” I raised my voice for her to stop talking.

“Huh?” She looked at me.

“Right?” I smiled at her with my eyes telling her to agree with me.

“Uh, yes, yes, she’s right. Hehe—” She awkwardly said.

 

Phew! Thought she won’t get it!

 

“Let’s go get something to drink. I think I’m about to go crazy”, said Yong.

 

We went to the vending machine together.

 

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Juice? Yes, any juice would do. Just pick it yourself.”

 

I took a juice for her and a cola for myself.

We went to the fire exit to hide ourselves from our workmates as we cool our minds.

 

“What was that?” She asked.

“How am I supposed to know? But why weren’t you reacting? Can’t you hear it?” I asked.

 

She shook her head and said, “Not at all, that’s why I got even more scared.”

 

“That’s so unreasonable. I’m the only one who should be scared because I can hear it. What if I see a ghost suddenly?”

“Imagine, if you see me talking with someone you can’t see, won’t that be scary? That’s why I was scared. You were hearing something I couldn’t.”

“Okay.” I just said it for her not to explain even further. Shouldn’t she fear me instead, with the thought that I got a third eye or something? She really thinks like a kid.

 

I pat her head and said, “You’ll be hopeless without a secretary like me.”

 

“Is that even connected with the topic?”

 

I can’t tell her that it’s because she thinks like a kid often, so I just shrugged.

 

“What if the ghost follow us home? Now I’m even more scared.” She said.

“Don’t think that way. Just stop mentioning it and let’s ignore it. They said if you ignore those creatures, they will stop scaring you.” I said.

 

She took her phone and read a message.

 

“Perfect timing, King. I think I should sleep in his place tonight.”

 

What she said made me crumple the can I was holding. Good thing I already finished the soda.

 

“What are you even saying? What would people even say after seeing you spending the night in a man’s house? Not to mention, you two aren’t even dating!”

“But I’m scared. Besides, I don’t really care what others say as long as I won’t hear it.”

“What the—” I took a deep breath.

“Sleep on my place instead!”

“Why are you even shouting at me?!” She exclaimed.

“Because you were acting without thinking again! You’re so annoying!”

“What?! Did you just call me annoying?!”

“That’s right! You’re so annoying because you often act and think like a kid! It’s not like you’re still one, you dumb!”

“Then I’m sorry for being dumb and annoying!” She walked away and slammed the door.

 

Her actions made me realize instantly that I used the wrong words.

So stupid of you, Moon Byul Yi.

 

I took my phone and tried to call her but she’s talking with someone else. I guess she called him. Ah, I hate this feeling! My heart is burning!

 

I went back to our office but she was nowhere to be seen there too.

 

“I’ll fetch you, then.”

 

I heard a man’s voice but no one’s around. Where did that sound come from? I’m positive that it’s not a ghost.

 

Suddenly, a heard the same voice, laughing out loud.

 

“This isn’t part of the plan but it’s not bad too. Oh, crap! Forgot to turn it off!”

 

I found a small device attached under my desk. What is this thing?

I pressed it and the red light disappeared. I guess I turned it off.

Wait—That sound—That bastard!!!!

 

I took my phone and tried to call Yongsun again and again, but she also hanged up again and again.

 

“Pick it up. I got something important to tell you.” I sent her a message before calling her again.

 

“What do you need to tell this dumb and annoying woman?!” She exclaimed as soon as she picked my call up.

“Did King tell you he’ll be fetching you?” I asked.

“So what if he did?!”

“It’s confirmed, then. Come back here to our office. I got something to show you.”

“Who are you to even command me around?” She asked.

“Aish this woman! Just come here so we could make up!”

“Are you crazy?! We can’t do that in the office!”

“I said MAKE UP, not MAKE OUT. Come here now.”

 

She hanged up. She must be embarrassed. I don’t know how, but I knew what she misheard the moment I heard her reaction.

 

I showed her the thing I found and told her what I heard when I came back.

 

“He must have gone mad!” She’s obviously really annoyed.

 

In a while, King came as expected.

 

“Let’s go, my Solar.” He smiles.

“What is this?” She glared at him while showing him the device that I found.

“Ah, that—Haha—I don’t know.”

“You liar!” She stood up.

“What is this? I’m giving you another chance here to explain yourself.”

 

She could be reaaaally scary at times!

 

He scratched his head and embarrassingly asked, “Can we talk about it outside?”

“No, explain it here. I think Ms. Moon deserves an explanation too because you put it under her desk.”

“Aish~” He rolls his eyes on me.

“Ya, you don’t have the right to get annoyed now that you were the one who did something wrong!” I shouted.

“Calm down, I’ll handle this.” Yong stopped me.

 

She went closer and hit him again and again. She just told me to calm down….

 

“What’s wrong with you recently?! You’re really getting more and more annoying!”

“Stop, please! It hurts!” He begged.

 

She stopped hitting him and said, “Explain yourself and apologize!”

 

“I was just trying to scare your secretary so she would resign…”

 

What a childish trick, seriously!

 

“Why do you want to get rid of her so badly?!”

“She’s nothing but a hindrance to our relationship. Even when we’re together you talk about nothing else but her. It’s annoying. I really hate that. You always think of her as if you two are—”

 

I wanted to hear more but she covered his mouth to stop him from talking.

 

“Okay, enough. Now, apologize.”

“Why would I even apologize to my employee?!”

 

Yongsun raises her hand to scare him. She’s like a mom scaring his son, so cute!

 

“Okay, I’ll do it. I’m sorry, Ms. Moon.” He bows.

“Don’t you think that’s insincere?” I asked Yongsun. I just want to annoy him more.

“What are you even saying?” He asked.

“She’s right. Do it again”, said Yongsun.

 

He took a deep breath and bowed.

 

“I’m sorry, Ms. Moon.”

 

“How was that?” Yongsun asked me.

“The first one sounded more sincere, so I’d take that.” I said.

 

“You—”

“King!” She stops him from picking a fight with me.

“Fine, fine. Let’s go now.”

“Go where?”

“Didn’t you say you’ll be spending the night at my place?”

“Why would I? There’s no ghost.”

 

I wasn’t able to keep myself from laughing after seeing his disappointed reaction.

 

“Let’s just have dinner together, then.”

“No.”

“Okay, bye.” He leaves.

 

“I didn’t expect he’ll listen right away. I thought he would insist on eating dinner with you.” I said.

 

She ignored me and went back to her desk to fix her things.

 

“Are you still mad?” I asked.

 

She ignored me, still.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend nor hurt you. I just said those things out of—jealousy.” I shyly admitted.

“Jealousy? Why would you even be jealous?”

“Because I’m right here yet you thought of spending the night at someone else’s place. No to mention, his place. Knowing it’s him, I hated it even more.”

“I actually wanted you to ask me to spend the night at your place, but you didn’t, so I said that. I wasn’t really planning to spend the night at his place, not until we fought.”

“I’m sorry for being insensitive yet again.” I apologized.

“It’s okay. I shouldn’t have tried to provoke you. I’m also sorry.” She apologized too.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter