Chapter 3

Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed by and we finished our works; meaning we can now go. There’s no way he’s still waiting outside. Unless he likes her that much.

 

“Byulie, can you go out with me?”

“What?!” Her sudden question startled me that my eyes went big and I wasn’t able to control myself from raising my voice.

 

“Hey, you surprised me!  I wasn’t talking about THAT kind of going out, so calm down.” She laughs at me.

“But if you want it, we can try to.” She joked.

“Stop it.” I glared at her for joking about such thing.

“Just kidding, just kidding.” She laughs even more.

“Knowing King, I’m sure he’s still waiting for me outside.”

“King? Oh, that guy—” What kind of name is that? I think that’s one of the reasons why he thinks so high of himself!

“If we go together, avoiding him would be easier, so let’s go.”

“Are you telling me to accompany you home too then? I don’t think that will work. You need to talk to him. That would be better.”

“I want to punish him for doing such thing to you though….”

 

Yongsun-unnie takes a deep breath and says, “Alright, I’ll talk to him. Maybe that would be better too for him to realize his mistakes.”

 

We went out together and as she expected, he’s outside, waiting for her. He must really like her a lot to wait for hours here, doing nothing.

 

“Bye, Ms. Kim.” I bowed.

“Thank you for your hard work today. Take care.” She waves goodbye at me.

 

After taking a few steps away, I looked back to check on them and found Yongsun-unnie looking like a mom, scolding his son. She’s really cute that she made me smile without me even noticing.

 

That very night, I wasn’t able to sleep. I had nothing else in my mind but her. I think the realization and what I saw in the drama is the main cause of this.

I took my phone to send her a message.

 

“Are you already asleep?”

 

I waited but I didn’t get any message back from her. She must be sleeping. Wait, what if she’s still with him until now that’s why? What if he has done something bad to her?! My thoughts made me get up, full of worries.

 

She said he’s a good guy. I guess he won’t do that.

But people change. What if he’s no longer the man she used to know?!

No, no, stop overthinking.

 

My crazy thoughts made me walk in and out my room, causing my mom annoyance.

 

“Are you aware that I can hear you opening and closing your door again and again from our room?!” She exclaimed.

“Sorry, I was just—” I don’t know what to say.

“If you want to go out and meet your lover then go! Tsk!”

“L-Lover?! I don’t have one!”

“Then why are you blushing?!”

“I’m not!” I went back to my room.

 

Uh, she’s really driving me crazy!

 

I stayed up all night, doing nothing but stare at my phone. It was almost 4am when I was already about to fall asleep but my phone suddenly beeped, getting my all hyped again.

 

“Sorry, I got really tired yesterday that’s why I slept early. Do you need anything? Good morning, by the way.” It’s her! Good thing she’s okay! But wait—what did she do for her to be so tired? Omo—Stop it! You’re having a dirty mind again!

“I just wanted someone to talk to since I can’t sleep. Actually, until now I’m still up.” I replied.

“Seriously?! Don’t go to work today, then. Just take a rest at home. You won’t be able to do well at work anyway without any sleep.”

“No, it’s okay, really. I’ll just sleep early tonight.”

“Don’t push yourself. You might get sick.”

 

She’s really sweet and caring. Really the boss type everyone wants to have.

 

 

[AN HOUR AFTER THE LUNCH BREAK]

 

Solar’s POV

 

Is she asleep? I don’t think she’s moving.

I went in front of her and bended my knees slightly to see her face clearly and I was right. She really did fall asleep. Should I wake her up and tell her to go home?

I think letting her sleep would be better.

 

I locked the door to make sure no one would get in and see her sleeping. I don’t want anyone to judge her and bad mouth her for that. I took my coat off and covered her body with it for her to feel warm.

 

“Sleep well, my Byulie~” I smiled.

 

 

Moon Byul’s POV

 

Did I fall asleep?! I looked around and found Yongsun-unnie smiling at me.

 

“I never imagined you snoring that loud.” She giggles.

“Are you serious?! Did I really snore?!” This is embarrassing!
 

She nods and says, “It’s okay. Don’t worry. I’ll keep that a secret between the three of us.”

“The THREE of us?!”

 

She shows me her phone.

 

“It was so cute, I recorded it.”

 

I ran and tried to snatch her phone from her to delete the said video, but she quickly hid it.

 

“Doing that would be non-sense because I already backed it up.” She sticks her tongue out.

 

Who even knew she could be this smart to think of it?!

 

“You—” I leaned closer to her with a glare, trying to scare her.

 

She leans even closer with an aggressive look and asks, “What?!”

I stood up properly, regretting my action suddenly.

 

“Make sure no one else will see that.” I walk back to my desk.

“Of course!”

 

She looks at her phone and giggles.

 

“Are you trying to tease me?” I glared at her once again.

“I’m not. You’re really just so cute.” She said.

 

Sometimes she’s scary but sometimes she acts exceptionally cute. How can I even resist her? I mean, if someone can in this world, then that person must be heartless! Uh, wait—

 

“Are you ready?” I smirk.

“For what?” She asks.

“I might do my revenge. Be careful.” I sat with an evil look in my face.

 

Her eyes went big.

 

“M-Maybe you should sleep on your place this coming Friday. Hehe—” She awkwardly said.

“Don’t you think inviting someone over and suddenly cancelling it is rude? Tsk tsk tsk…” I shook my head.

“You-re really—Uh, I hate you!” She said.

 

I’m just smiling but deep inside I’m bursting into laughter. She looks so scared! It’s hilarious and at the same time cute!

 

Days passed and Friday came. I was excited but things didn’t go as smooth as I expected. That CEO’s son showed up again! What is his name again?! I can’t even remember cause I don’t give a hell about him!

 

“There you are! Get in. Let’s have dinner.” He opens his car’s door.

“Mister, can’t you even see that I’m with someone here?” Unnie asked.

“Oh, sorry, my woman shined so much I wasn’t able to notice you. Get in and have dinner with us.”

 

Yongsun-unnie held my hand and said, “We have our own plans. Excuse us.”

 

He followed us and shouted, “Solar!”

“Uh, seriously! Stop calling me that! Also, stop following me! I’ve been having dinner with you since you came! Can’t you give me some time alone?”

“You can’t call it some time ‘alone’ if you’re with someone, right? I mean, you’re with—”

“She’s different, okay? Go now!”

“Are you saying she’s far more superior than me in your life? Is she really just your secretary? Because you act like you’re dating.”

“Yes, that’s right! We are! Will you stop now?”

 

He got stunned and wasn’t able to say anything else. So do I.

 

“What are you—” I can feel my blood rushing to my face.

“Let’s go.” She pulls me.

 

Why did she say that?! Is she insane?! What’s with her?!

 

“He really doesn’t know how to be contented. I already gave him so much time since he came back and still, he’s demanding for more as if we are even a thing. Tsk! He’s getting more annoying as he grow up! It’s like he’s getting more and more immature instead!”

“Yongsun-unnie—” I stopped walking.

 

She looks and me and asks, “Why? Are you okay?”

 

“Why did you say that? We both might lose our jobs because of that. We can’t do that. I mean, you and I are—”

“What? We’re both women? I just said it for him to stop so don’t worry too much. At least it worked and he stopped. That’s what’s important for now.” She said.

“It’s not because of our gender though.”

“Then what?!” She is looking so mad suddenly and I don’t even know why.

“Can you calm down a bit? You’re scaring me…”

“I hate people who discriminate others just because of their ual preferences you know?” She said.

 

That explains it.

 

“I also do, so don’t worry about that. I just don’t think we can’t date because we work at the same company. That’s a rule, remember?”

“Since when?” She raises her eyebrow.

“Maybe you don’t know about it but its been a rule in our company since forever.” I informed her.

“Really?” She wasn’t able to say anything else other than that.

 

“So—” She looks away.

“If I transfer to another company it means we can, right?”

“Yes—I mean—Maybe? But wait I just—” Her question made me panic, I was no longer able to think before answering!

 

She covered my mouth to stop me from talking. I guess that’s a good thing for me too.

 

“Shh! That’s enough. I don’t wanna hear more.” She smiles.

“Let’s go.” She took my hand once again and walked with me.

 

Without saying another word, we walked to buy food together.

 

“What do you want to eat?” She asked.

“You?”

 

Suddenly, she blushed. Is she thinking—Oh damn! I said something wrong again!

 

“How about you, I mean! Uh! This is frustrating! Why do I keep on making mistakes?!” I fan myself to calm myself down. I know that right now, both of us are blushing of embarrassment.

“C-Calm down. It’s okay. I wasn’t thinking of—anything—dirty.” She awkwardly said.

 

She probably was…

 

“Let’s just buy some instant foods.” I said.

“How about some liquor?” She asked.

 

Me drinking with her? NO.

 

“Let’s not do that. I don’t want to take care of you again.” I said.

“I thought you like it.”

“Yeah, but not when I’m with you. You’re simply someone who can’t be anyone’s drinking buddy.”

“I know. Just saying you can have some cans for you. I’ll have juice or soda for myself.”

“Really? I like that. Let’s do that.” I quickly ran to get some cans of beer.

 

When I came back, she was laughing at me.

 

“You were too excited you even ran and left me. I can’t believe you, seriously.”

“It’s been a while sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter