CHAPTER 2

Life Goes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNBI WANTS TO BE NOTICED
___________________

II
_____________

 

Having a peaceful day means having not to encounter things that would be of displeasure to you. It means that you get to wake up without being bothered by unnecessary thoughts; A day where nothing bad would go along your day.

And one girl hopes for that to happen to her, even just for a day.

But even that seems to be too much of a stretch.

 

“What’s this?” a serious voice fills the silent room. A man in his 40’s sits at the end of the room, legs crossed having his white slacks creased, a piece of card paper in his hands. An unreadable expression painted all over his face, not sure of what he is thinking.

 

Meanwhile, the one and only daughter of the man who’s been standing right in front of her has not yet spoken a single word since she arrived. Her attention was floating everywhere except her father, not caring a single thing if she even gets scolded at this point.

 

“Are you really going to be like this? Third? Really? Are you trying to disgrace this family? Because if you are, you are doing a very good job!” and again, she just kept mum in her place. “Are you not going to answer me?”

“I’m sorry.”

“All I ask is for you to do well yet you can’t even do that!” The frustration her father has kept building up and it seems like any time now, it would accidentally spill out. He breathes, trying to catch her composure, not wanting to show anything further than this.

“Leave.”  

 

When she finally left the room, she stands still near the door, her fist turning white from all the time she was holding back from bursting right infront of her father. Breathe in, breath out. She calms herself down, telling herself mentally that she’s stronger than this.

After finally calming down, she fixes the tie of her uniform, makes her way back to her car that was parked outside the house.

 

“Where are you going, Miss? Breakfast is already prepared.” The girl stops in her tracks. She looks behind only to see the caretaker of their house, a rather confused look was what she was showing in her face. “Are you skipping breakfast again?”

The girl smiles apologetically. “Sorry, Nana.. Maybe next time..” 

 

She left in a hurry, even skipping breakfast just because she didn’t want to dine with her of a father and decided that she would just take her breakfast elsewhere.

Upon arriving at her favorite coffee shop, she smiles at the sight of her favorite barista standing behind the counter. She pushes the door open, only to be greeted by the strong aroma of coffee beans being grinded to dust, the scent of hot water colliding with it – it was a lovely scent.

 

“Oh? You’re early.” Greeted the barista. The girl smiles at his direction which the latter did in return, making the girl feel weird for some reason. She shakes the thought and took the nearest seat that was close to the counter. “The usual?”

“The usual.”

“Comin’ right up!”

 

 His bubbliness was such a mood changer for the girl. She watches the guy do his thing while tweaking those machines that she finds it hard to use. In the end, she got bored and just pulled a book from her bag, she drowns herself into reading while waiting for her order.

She was too pre-occupied that she didn’t notice the plate that was placed right in front of her. The guy had to even clear his throat just to catch the girl’s attention who had her eyes drilled in her book.

 

“Sorry bout that.” And the latter just smiles.

 

The aroma coming from her black coffee catches her attention as it makes it way to her face. The strong yet gentle to the nose, a smile shows on her face, she takes a sip from her cup. It hit the spot. She glances at the small plate that was placed right next to the cup – two freshly read bean paste bread pulled out from the heating oven. She slices the first one, smoke coming out from the crack, she could feel her saliva attempting to drool from the side of her lips. She swallows it back, slowly blowing the smoke coming from the bread, she takes a bite from it.

 

“Ugh I just love the bread from this shop.”

“I made those especially for you.” Although it came out as a whisper, her ears managed to pick up on it. Before she could even see his face, the guy was quick enough to not let the girl see his face b bright red. The only thing that was on sight was his ears turning red, which made the girl giggle like a kid.

“Thank you for that, Seungwoo.”

“Anything for you, princess.”

 

 

____
________

 

 

Upon arriving at her school – Rose Maria High, she was greeted by numerous students entering the school premises, girls and boys, pretty and handsome, not so pretty, not so handsome – this school has a variety of students coming from respective and not so respective households.

And this girl belongs to those of respective households.

 

“Eunbi-unnie~”

 

A voice calls out for her name. A familiar one at that. A pair of slim arms circles around her waist, almost falling from the impact. She turns around to see a blonde-haired girl sticking to her like a slug, while two other girls – one with a brunette while the other has raven hair – trails behind the blonde.

 

“Can’t you greet her properly like a normal person? Park Chaewon?”

“Shush, Hye. I miss her so let me be.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter