CHAPTER 5

Life Goes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LEE CHAEYEON IS ALWAYS

HOT TEMPERED
_________________

V
_____

 

 

The loud music fills the entire studio. Speakers occupied the left side of the room and a big mirror occupying the other side of the room. The light was very bright that there was only one that lit the room.

At the floor, a girl in her jogger pants, and her black shirt who looked like it was draped in water. The sweat was sticking with the floor and it was disgusting. And from the looks of it, she has been staying at this room for more than an hour.

She reaches for the water bottle beside her and downs it in try. She was that tired. But she loved the feeling of it.

As she was about to start doing her routine again, the door behind her opens and comes entering someone whom she’s familiar with. The guy stares at her, not surprised or anything when he finds the girl on the floor. He grabs something from his bag – a pack of sandwich.

 

“You’re here again..?” the girl asks, munching on the sandwich that she got from the guy. “Aren’t you supposed to be… You know, studying?”

“I should be the one asking that, Chaeyeon-ah.” The girl – Chaeyeon – sighs. “You know you’re not allowed here. What if someone other than me caught you practicing here again?”

“You could snitch. Not like I care.”

“Chaeyeon…”

“If you’re going to lecture me again, please don’t bother, Hoshi..” an exasperated sigh escapes from . Chaeyeon stood up from the floor. “Look, let me just pack my things and I’ll leave quietly like the others wants. They don’t need me here anyways.”

 

It was unintentional but Hoshi felt like he was being thrown guilt daggers at. But it was already late when Chaeyeon noticed it. The deed was done, and there’s no turning. She clicks her tongue and head straight for the door, leaving Hoshi all alone in the studio.

 

She did it again. It wasn’t as strong as before, but she still did it.

What more, she did it to the one who trusts her the most.

She’s the worst.

Chaeyeon’s really out of it that she didn’t notice that she was already outside of campus. It was still lunch time but she’s already skipping the whole afternoon class.

She just doesn’t feel like going in for the rest of the day.

Instead of doing girly stuffs like shopping and picking girly bags and girly dresses or whatever they may be, she just heads home like the normal girl she is. The fact that she has not changed her attire with clean ones, she just wants to drown herself in the shower and let all the bad smell drift away down the hole.

Her problem right now is how she will go home. Chaeyeon doesn’t drive – can’t rather. She still hasn’t gotten her license after failing thrice during the exam. In the end, she decided not to get a license after that.

She could call Ho– ah. She can’t. Her pride won’t allow her. Not after she lashed out on him.

Letting out a sigh, she comes to the decision that she will walk back to her house.

She’ll consider it as an exercise for her.

The moment she takes a step outside, a car suddenly stops right in front of her tracks. A familiar one at that. Slowly, the window slides down, showing the face of the man whom she just lashed out on, smiling like a cute kid.

 

“What now, Hoshi?”

“What does it look like? I’m taking you home.”

Chaeyeon creases her forehead. “You’re taking me back to your home..?”

“Wha–“ Understanding the meaning behind her question, Hoshi turns red. “N-Not like that! I’m taking you to your home!”

 

 

He’s always been the easy one to get flustered. Even when they were kids – yes, they’re childhood friends – Chaeyeon would nonstop just because he’s an easy target. It’s not bullying, its teasing, Chaeyeon says. Now that they’ve grown older, Hoshi’s still the same as before.

And Chaeyeon’s the only one who changed.

 

“You don’t have to. I can go home on my own.”

“No you can’t. You hate walking the most.” Hoshi said, stating facts that freezes the girl in her place. “Just get in, Chae.”

“I hate that you know me the most.”

“What can I say, growing up with you was rather fascinating. I get front seat to watch your embarrassing past.”

“Oh off. Just drive.”

“Yes, your majesty~”

 

~*~

 

“Oh? It’s Soonyoung oppa!”

 

The little girl who opened the door for them jumps on Soonyoung’s arms. She was happy that Soonyoung – Hoshi’s real name – visited them.

 

“Chaemin! You didn’t eat your veggi –!” the second sister of the Lee family pops out behind the door, shocked planted in her face when she sees Soonyoung’s presence. “O-Oppa?”

Soonyoung waves at her, walking inside first the door. “Oh? It’s little Ryeongie,” he added, ruffling the hair of the girl. “! You’ve grown well~”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter