There's Always A First Time

THE OLYMPUS ACADEMY

 

CHAPTER 4

 

[NARRATION – SOOJIN]

It is the first day of attending the academy, and we’ve been told this early morning that we have to gather at the main dining hall. Probably an orientation? Well, anyway, that’s not even the problem right now but the fact that we already look ridiculous with this formal uniform is just… I mean- a white t-shirt tuck in our skirts with bow tie and…

“What on earth? A cape?! Nah, I’m not wearing that. I’m not gonna walk around like some Harry Potter’s fan. Nope.” Soyeon said, standing with her arm crossed, looking disgusted over the formal cape lies on her bed.

Minnie and Miyeon on the other hand, seems to see themselves looks good in the outfit.

Miyeon turns around like a princess, “This outfit feels amazing and comfortable!”

Minnie fixing her hair a little before looking at herself in the mirror and smiling sheepishly, “I feel cute, though. Should we take a picture?!” She looks at Miyeon and getting excited to take photos wearing the uniform.

And there’s Shuhua and Yuqi keep teasing and laughing at each other’s look.

“YAAA YOU LOOK FUNNY!” Yuqi laugh loudly looking at Shuhua wearing the cape coat backwards.

Shuhua still confused and struggling with the cape, “Why? Is this, not right?!”

Soojin shakes her head while watching those two, she decided to help Shuhua to end her misery, “Come, I’ll help you with that.”

Soyeon look at the cape once again and sighs, “Ah, molla.” She grabs her beanie and wear it instead.

Short after, someone knock on their room’s door. All of them heard it and turns their head to the door wondering who could that be. Soojin walks to the door and open it without hesitation.

“Hey, Soojin.” Moonbyul greet her with a smile.

“Ah, it’s you.” Soojin smiles back to her. “Um… Is there anything I can help you with?” Soojin asked, questioning her intention of coming to their room.

“Oh, just want to check on you guys. Are you all ready? It’s almost time.” Moonbyul replied.

“Yea, we’ll be there in a minute. Thank you for checking but… you don’t have to though.” Soojin replied awkwardly as she feels a little uncomfortable with the attention Moonbyul gave.

“Well it’s…” Just before Moonbyul finish her sentence, there’s a firm voice calling her name.

Soojin noticed how quick Moonbyul’s expression changed when she heard someone’s calling her, “I’ll see you there.” She walks away.

Soojin feels a little confused and decided to take a peek as she is curious by the voice. She sees another 3 girls waiting for Moonbyul by the stairs, she barely could see their faces but then her eyes slowly meet with the girl in blonde hair (Solar) who seems to give her a glare. Surprised by Soyeon tapping on her shoulder from behind, she quickly changed her glance.

Soyeon startled a little by Soojin, “Ya, what’s with you? What are you looking at anyway?” Soojin peek her head out of the door and found there’s no one.

Soojin calm herself after the surprised, “Ah… it’s nothing. We should get going.”

“Oh, okay.” Soyeon walks to her bed to grab her phone and walks away.

Minnie noticed that Soyeon did not put on her cape. “Soyeon-ah, your cape?” Minnie grab the cape coat and hold it up. “I think it’s compulsory though.”

Soyeon answered without looking, “Just put it there, it’s fine.”

Minnie pouted a little and holding the cape still in her arms, “Alright, I’ll just bring this along, just in case.”

 

IN THE GREAT DINING HALL

[NARRATION – MINNIE]

First step inside the hall, it is huge and very architectural. It feels like walking in a big church but with a lot of dining tables being arranged neatly aligned, leaving some spaces enough for everyone to move and find their own table. There’s a long table at the end with several chairs facing the others. I bet that is where the principal and all the lecturers are sitting. And now we are trying to find a table to sit, looking around, everyone seems to know their own place. Every table at the back are occupied and the only left are front row, which are the closest to the Principal’s.

The troublemaker stops beside the door, not knowing where they should sit.

“Ah… this is your fault. Now we can’t get a seat at the back.” Yuqi crossed her arms, blaming Shuhua.

“Hey, hey. Watch it. It’s not my fault! You were late too!” Shuhua replied to Yuqi’s accusing her.

Miyeon break the small argument, “Kids, stop arguing. We should just go find a table for ourselves now.”

Minnie saw an empty table besides Moonbyul and her mates, “T-there! Let’s sit there!”

Soyeon looking at where she pointed, “Second row? Really?”

As everyone are taking their places, they finally decided to sit at the table that Minnie had suggested. They share the table with another 4 girls who seems to have a serious conversation.

As soon as they sit, they can’t help but to overheard the 4 girls whispering and talking to each other.

 

Cameo: Seunghee & YooA from Oh My Girl, Mijoo & Kei from Lovelyz.

Mijoo started the topic, “Hey, guys. Did you guys hear about the 4 seniors who got kicked out of the higher class? Who do you think they are?”

Seunghee who sit opposite to Mijoo chimed in, “Don’t you think Moonbyul sunbaenim seems a little quiet these days?”

“Omg- don’t tell me.” YooA felt a little shocked when Seunghee mentioned Moonbyul’s name.

Kei otherwise just sitting there listening to them talking.

Mijoo continued, “I actually noticed that too, though.” She takes a glance at Moonbyul’s table.

“And I don’t know if you guys notice this but the vice-president didn’t even talk to Moonbyul sunbaenim anymore. I mean- there must be something, right?” Seunghee said who seems to be the most suspicious among them.

YooA and Mijoo look at each other as they seem to agree over Seunghee’s statement.

“Yea… you’re right. I think all them in higher class seems a little cold with all of them. (she referred to Moonbyul, Solar, Hwasa and Wheein)” YooA added.

Mijoo starts to question over the matter, “But… why though? And if it’s really them who got kicked out, how is that even happened? Like- what’s the reason?”

Right before Seunghee continued to talk, Kei noticed that Wheein seems to glance at them and try to avoid the eye contact while giving her friends a hint, “Guys- don’t look that way. I think they might have heard you guys talking.”

All of sudden, everyone in the hall starts to get quieter when 9 girls (Twice) enter the door.

Seunghee sees them enter and quickly get up from her chair as she is whispering to her friends, “Guys, it’s the Higher Class.”

All of the students get up from their seats and bow to them when they are walking along towards the front table – a long table with 9 seats. The Troublemakers follow them along in confusion as they did not know any certain rules.

Soojin finally get to see the blue hair girl again, the more she sees her, the more she wants to know about her. Soyeon noticed how Soojin keeping her eyes on the blue hair girl as soon as the Higher Class enter.

A short after, all the lecturers enter the hall from both side of the front door, to the main seats. The assembly finally starts and everyone is taking their seats.

A woman dress in black standing before the main seat, her hair is blonde and tie in a low ponytail wearing a floppy hat and you can barely see her face. Her hand reaching for the gavel and she hit the block twice for everyone’s attention before she starts to deliver her speech.

“Attention.” She put down the gavel. “Today is yet another glory day for The Olympus Academy as we are able to recruit more students and also there are several top students had finally aced the higher class and made it to Hera. Around of applause for your top seniors.”

Everyone in the hall clapping and follow by the clueless new students as they are whispering to each other, questioning the same thing. “Ya, what the hell is Hera?

The Vice-Principal continues her speech, “I understand some of you are new here and probably don’t understand any of the terms that are being use in this academy. I will pass this on to the Student Council. Ms. Park, I allow you to the podium.”

Soon after the vice-principal take a seat, a girl with pink hair gets up from her seat and walks to the podium, fixing before she starts to talk through the microphone, “Attention to the fellow students, let me introduce myself first. My name is Park Jihyo, the President of the Student Council. I would like to introduce to you some important rules and classes that you have to bear in mind.” She clicks on the remote to present her slides on a big screen.

She continues, “First of all, in this Academy, you’ll be assigned to 4 different type of classes. Here is the type of classes.”

 

[Refer to the chart of the classes for your guide.]

 

She added, “As you can see in the slide, you’ll be assigned in between any of the 4 classes – Venus, Diana, Minerva or Ceres, based on your results in high school. You will be focusing on the class for the first 2 weeks before you’ll be qualified to add more classes of your own choice. If you could earn your batch for each class quick, you’ll be joining the higher class. Bear in mind, you need to prepare mentally and physically in order to join the higher class because you will be required to vow and prove yourself that you can ace every classes that you might attend.” She smiles with confidence as she speaks, “It would be pretty challenging but I would always welcome anyone who would like to join. And by the way, anyone who wants to try out to join the Student Council can meet the Vice-President (Nayeon) personally or any of the Higher-Class students – and that would be these seniors right in front of me.” She gestures her hand as she pointing to the Higher Class’ (TWICE members) table.

She wraps up her presentation, “Alright that is all from me. You will be assigned to your classes shortly with assists from your seniors. If there are any question, you can ask directly to the senior who handle your group. Thank you.”

 

[NARRATION – SOOJIN]

We finally being assigned to our classes. Me, Minnie and Miyeon are all entering the Venus class while Soyeon, Yuqi and Shuhua are in Diana. Moonbyul Sunbaenim is the one who will guide us to the classes and it is the first period, there are about 30 students in the dance studio.

Well, well, what a coincidence. Moonbyul Sunbaenim is the president of Venus. She seems to be everywhere I am. Weird. Anyway, I’m thankful that Minnie and Miyeon are with me. That should be enough.

We stand in a big circle for a brief introduction of the class and some certain rules by Moonbyul Sunbaenim. I’m here just looking around and can’t help but to notice how most of the girls are falling into Moonbyul in her suits. I mean…

Soojin look besides her and found Minnie is all smiley and blushing just like the rest. Oh no… Not you too. Soojin whisper in her head and sighs a little while creating a distraction herself by looking down her shoes, not focusing on the briefing.

All of sudden, everyone slowly starts whispering as someone walking towards the circle and then a familiar voice starts to catch Soojin’s attention.

“Sorry for being late.” Said the blue hair girl as she joined in the circle.

Soojin look at her, standing across the circle.

…It’s you again.

 

After the briefing, everyone leaving the studio and goes to the next classroom, taking a seat. Soojin and Miyeon sitting together as Minnie gets to sit behind her crush, Moonbyul. Soojin’s eyes keep on looking for the blue hair girl and found her sitting beside the window, with another girl who seems really close with her.

After a while, a man entering the classroom, wearing a black turtleneck shirt and match it with his brown checkered pants, walking towards the lecturer’s table. He sat on the edge of the table with his muscular arms crossed as he speaks.

“Hello, I’m Yunho (TVXQ’s U-Know). I am in charge to teach for this class and assist our President, Ms. Moonbyul, which you probably have known her. Any questions, you can either direct to me or your president. For the first hour, I’ll be conducting the class and another 2 hours will be your dance practice period which will be assist by Moonbyul. So, are we all clear here? Any question before we start?”

All of the students answered at the same time in sync, leaving Soojin, Minnie and Miyeon a little spooked.

Miyeon whispered Soojin’s ear, “Hey, don’t you notice this from the start? I mean- all these students are always in sync. It’s giving me goosebumps.”

Soojin keep her eyes on the lecturer and mumbles something to warn Miyeon, “Miyeon, not now. Look to the front.”

Miyeon frown in confusion and change her glance to the front and found out that the lecturer is staring at her, she flustered a little.

“Yes, is there a problem there, Ms. Miyeon?” The lecturer asked with a straight face, looking at Miyeon in the eyes.

Miyeon quickly shake her head and look down to avoid the eye contact, “N-no, sir. I’m sorry…”

Soojin stays silent as she stares at the lecturer, their eyes met for a while and right before the lecturer turns around to the white board, Soojin noticed how the lecturer’s eyeballs turn to a light blue leaving her in confusion as she could not believe what she just saw.

 

MEANWHILE AT THE FIELD…

All the Diana students changing into their P.E (Physical Education) uniforms. All the juniors standing in line while the seniors are standing in front of them. The seniors include few members of the higher class and also 2 of the mean girls.

Soyeon crossed her arms and sighs as soon as she sees Jennie, “Ah… Not her again.”

Yuqi place her arm on Soyeon’s shoulder and stares at Jennie while whispering to Soyeon, “Do you think she’s the captain?”

Shuhua who’s clinging to Soyeon on the other side feels a little scared by the strong and intimidating appearance of all the seniors, “They look like they are ready to punch us all… It’s scary.”

Soyeon glance to Jennie who’s giving her an intense eye contact ever since they met again, “Uh, I don’t know. I don’t really care.”

Soon after a tall girl with long straight hair tied in a ponytail comes forward, “Hello, everyone. I’m Tzuyu. I’m the captain of Diana class. I hope everyone can co-operate with me during the semester. I’ll guide you guys on physical period. If there’s any question, you can ask all the seniors or me. First, we’ll divide into groups and the seniors will assist each group. Alright now, let’s get into your group. Should be 4-5 people in one group.”

All of sudden Jennie comes forward, standing beside the captain, “I want those punks under me!” She pointed at the troublemakers then look at the captain.

The captain nodded and look at Soyeon, Yuqi and Shuhua, “Alright, as you wish. You three will be led by Jennie.”

The smirk on Jennie’s face already gives Soyeon a hint of what’s going to come for her and the girls but that does not intimidate her at all.

“Well, here we go.” Soyeon whispered in her head.

 

One hour after the lecture for Venus class over, all the students get ready for the dance practice class which will be conducted by Moonbyul.

 

IN THE DANCE STUDIO

“Alright, listen. I want everyone to be in pair. One of you will be paired with me.” Moonbyul said as she’s standing before the wall mirror, looking at all the fellow students in front of her.

While the others are focusing on Moonbyul, Soojin take a glance at the blue hair girl’s reflection in the mirror, trying to think of how to make a move. “Gosh… she’s too far.” She whispered in her head.

Moonbyul noticed Soojin who seems to lose her focus in class, suddenly calls her name. “Soojin, come to the front.”

Soojin heard her name and try to stay alert, “Y-yes?”

“You seem a little lost, come over here. You’ll be my pair.” Moonbyul gives her a smile as the rest of the girls in the dance studio groan in frustration out of jealousy.

Miyeon and Minnie eventually pair with each other right after as the others are finding their pairs. Everyone in the dance studio are getting ready for their first routine after the task brief given by Moonbyul. 1 hour for them to practice a dance routine and 1 more hour is for them to perform it in front of everyone.

Moonbyul looking at her phone, looking for a song for her to play, “So what kind of music do you usually dance to, Soojin?”

Soojin who keep on standing still beside Moonbyul, is still focusing on the blue hair girl with her partner’s practicing and did not even pay a single attention towards Moonbyul.

Moonbyul change her glance to Soojin as she did not get any answer, “Soojin, are you listening?”

Moonbyul’s firm voice breaks Soojin’s focus as she looks at her, “Hm? What’s that?”

“Are you okay? You seem out of focus today. Like, too much, to be honest.” Moonbyul asked her.

Soojin awkwardly rubbing her nape a little as she looks blankly somewhere else while answering the question, “Oh it’s nothing. I’m just trying to adjust with this new environment, I guess.”

Moonbyul chuckled a little, “Don’t worry, within a week, you’ll be fine. Come on, let’s get to it.”

Soojin follow her lead, “Oh- okay. So, what song are we gonna dance to?”

 

BACK IN THE TRACK FIELD

The sounds of never-ending whistle keep on going in the field as the seniors are training the juniors with all the running, push-ups and everything possible that can physically exhaust them.

Shuhua slowing down on the running and stops for a moment to catch her breath, following by Yuqi from behind.

Yuqi eventually sit on the track while catching her breath, “This is torture!!”

“I’m with you on this one, oh God!” Shuhua grunts as she sits beside Yuqi.

Yuqi looks around when she realized Soyeon is out of her sight, “Wait, where’s Soyeon?”

Shuhua who is as clueless as her just shrug it off, “Hm? I don’t know.”

 

Soyeon on the other hand is long trap in her own hell loop as Jennie is not leaving her side to give her a personal intense training.

Jennie yell against the megaphone directly to Soyeon, making her doing the push-ups after she ran around the track just to satisfy her needs to see her suffer. Soyeon clearly got frustrated over her and eventually stop and gets up from the track.

“I- can’t take this anymore.” Soyeon said in frustration while holding her fist and walking closer towards Jennie.

Jennie is taking a back a little as Soyeon coming closer to her, “H-hey! Stop right there!” She starting to feel intimidated by Soyeon’s fist and step back a little, “Y-you stop right there or else-!”

Soyeon keep on walking closer towards her, “Or what, huh?! I swear to God, I would really love to punch that mouth of yours right now.”

Jennie gasp when her back hit the field’s fence as Soyeon is about to swing a punch, Jennie scream as loud as she can while covering her face as protection. Before Soyeon’s fist lands on Jennie, both Yuqi and Shuhua hold her back from hitting Jennie.

“Whoa whoa! Soyeon, relax!” Yuqi said to her as she is holding her arm.

Shuhua holding her other arm tight, “Calm down, Soyeon! We don’t want you to get in any trouble!”

Soyeon grunts while still holding her fists as she’s looking at Jennie, full of anger. “Ugh, don’t ing touch me!” She tell Shuhua and Yuqi off to release herself.

Both Shuhua and Yuqi let her go right after and watch her walks away.

Jennie who is still in shock, trying to catch her breath from the panic attack she just had before she’s looking at Soyeon’s leaving the field. Soon after, Lisa comes to Jennie to check on her after she heard the scream.

“Hey... are you okay?” Lisa asked while trying to comfort her.

Jennie’s still catching her breath as she nods a little, “Mm, j-just a little panic attack...”

Lisa glares to Shuhua and Yuqi, “You guys just wait. I will report this to the Principal.”

Shuhua and Yuqi look at each other after the warning before they go off to find Soyeon instead.

 

IN THE DINING HALL

The troublemakers sit together at the table after taking their meals. Miyeon and Minnie are both looking excited to hear from their members from Diana’s class while Soyeon and Soojin are both having their minds elsewhere.

“I can’t believe they even serve us fancy food here!” Minnie look at her own meal as she smiles brightly, feeling grateful.

“I need to take photos of this- hang on, guys. Don’t eat first!” Miyeon take out her phone and start to perform her photography skill.

Minnie look at the three from Diana class in front of her, looking all gloomy and sitting in silence, “So... how was your first period?” Minnie smiles excitedly while looking at them.

“Well...” Shuhua kicks Yuqi on the leg as a signal for her to answer the question instead.

Yuqi startled a little and glance to Shuhua as she frowns and mouthing something, “Ouch.” She then displaying a fake smile as she looks at Minnie, “Well... it was- good. Yeah, it’s good.”

Miyeon couldn’t help but to notice something is wrong, she sighs before she put her phone away, “Okay, kids. Which one of you are gonna get in trouble?”

Soyeon keeps her head down while playing with the food, not even listening to anyone while Shuhua and Yuqi try to figure out on what and how to tell them.

Yuqi try her luck, “Um... well- it's not quite a big of a trouble, but...”

Shuhua on the other hand spill out the truth, “There were a fight!”

Miyeon gasp, “Wait- what? Already? With who?”

Yuqi groan lightly when Shuhua spilled it, “Oh... great.”

Minnie frown a little, “Seriously, you guys?”

“W-well, technically- it wasn’t really a fight. Just a little misunderstanding- I-I guess...” Yuqi said, trying to defend themselves.

“Someone almost got punched, though!” Shuhua revealed it once again.

Yuqi looking dissatisfied with Shuhua, giving her a death glare, “You- seriously…”

Minnie even more shocked, “Good Lord.”

Soyeon finally chime in, “Guys, stop it. There’s no need to defend me or whatever. You both didn’t do anything wrong. I’m the one who’s creating the trouble.”

Soojin take a glance at Soyeon when she spoke.

Miyeon sighs once again and look at Soyeon, “I’m sure there’s a good explanation behind that.”

Minnie nods as she smiles to them, “Well, come on now. We’ll think about it later. Let’s just eat first.”

 

[SOOJIN’S NARRATION]

Well funny how this kind of things don’t even surprise me anymore. We were always getting into trouble anyway. Sure, she’s the hot-headed type of person but she wouldn’t even bother to throw a fist if there’s no one mess with her or any of us. She’s very defensive and protective when it comes to the people she loves and I’m actually proud of her because of that. Miyeon were right. There must be a good explanation behind this event.

 

BACK TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL YEAR...

Every time Soyeon and I leaving the school, there are different boys each time from other school who’s waiting for me to talk and ask me out on a date. But I did not even bother to say anything as Soyeon was always besides me to do all the talking. Interrogated each of them and not even letting any of them staring at me as Soyeon already knew most of the boys who came, they only fancy my body figure and always had a bad intention towards me.

It was around 4 o’ clock in the evening, Soyeon just done with her practice in the track field, she grabs the bag and the water bottle that she always brings along since Soojin gave it to her as a gift. She was about to head to the school’s building until she saw someone in a pair of jeans, wearing a jacket with a hat and even got a mask on. He was peeking at the dance class outside the window. She felt a little suspicious with the person who kept peeking at the classroom.

She then walked a little closer and stop right behind the person and felt curious on what is he looking at until she saw Soojin was dancing in the class with her personal instructor, she started to get on her nerve, “Hey, you ert!”

The suspicious guy got startled by Soyeon’s voice then try to make a run for it but did not make it as Soyeon’s hand was faster than ever, grabbing him by the back of his collar, “Not so fast!”

 

IN THE DANCE CLASS

The music was filling the room as Soojin is diving herself into the rhythm, with her trainer watching her every step, “Your hands are a little stiff.” Said the instructor to Soojin.

Soojin keep on dancing as she tries to improve her move little by little until...

Soyeon opened the door and push the “ert guy” into the class caused a shock for both Soojin and the instructor.

Soojin feel confused and looked at the guy who was fell on his knees after being pushed, “Who- wait-” She change her glance to Soyeon instead, “Soyeon, what happened?”

Soyeon leans her back by the opened door as she looks at the poor guy on the floor, “Found him lurking and peeking at you out there. Probably another of your ert fan.”

Soojin felt even more confused by Soyeon’s statement, “What? ert fan?”

The instructor sighs and look at the young man, “Okay, now get up, young man.”

The guy slowly gets up and keeping his head down without making any eye-contact with anyone.

Soyeon smirked, “Not so much of a creep now, huh?” Soyeon shake her head as she muttering a word, “Coward.”

Soojin only standing beside the instructor and staring at the suspicious figure in front of her, wondering who it is behind the mysterious outfit.

“Take off the mask, boy.” The instructor in a firm voice while crossing her arms.

The guy just kept his head down, trying to calm the nervousness inside him. He took a deep breath before he let out a sigh underneath the mask of his, finally revealing who he is.

All three of them seems to pay attention to him exposing himself and realized who it was, especially the instructor, “Jeongyeon?!”

Both of the two best friend’s eyes became widen after the instructor mentioned a familiar name. They are shocked and confused at the same time.

Soojin whispered in her head, “W-why... is she here?”

Soyeon finally speak it out, “Why the hell are you here?”

Jeongyeon try to come up with a good excuse, “Um, Aunt Bae, I was actually wanting to meet you for a while. I mean- I know I could just wait but...”

“Wait- what? Aunt Bae?! Ms. Bae is her aunt?!” exclaimed Soojin in her head.

The instructor laughed, “Oh, honey. Is it so urgent that you can’t wait for me? You do realize I lives right beside you, right?”

Jeongyeon nods her head a little while thinking of another lies, “Um... yeah.”

“Well, anyway since you’re here, why don’t you just tell me then.” Said Ms. Bae while smiling to her.

“Hm? What?” She almost forgot about the first lie.

“The urgent matter?” Ms. Bae asked again to remind her.

“Oh- right... Well, actually- I’d like to... take the lesson. The dance! Dance lesson, I mean...” She answered nervously.

Ms. Bae felt a little weird with her niece’s wish to take the dance lesson as she already knew how she never shown any interest in dancing, “What? Are you being serious about that?”

Jeongyeon took a glance at Soojin and their eyes met for a second.

“Why...is she looking at me like that-” Soojin asked herself again in her head as she try not to look nervous nor awkward.

Ms. Bae look at Soojin when her niece did not answer her question. Then she finally realized there are other presence in the class. “Oh... Ms. Seo- I’m so sorry. It was so rude of me. I’m so sorry for the interruption- but, should we just continue the class tomorrow?”

Soojin smiled to Ms. Bae and nodded, “Mm, yes. Of course, Ms. Bae. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Soojin went to take her bag and walk to the door as Soyeon is waiting, standing still by the door.

“I’ll take my leave now, see you tomorrow, Ms. Bae.” Soojin bowed to her instructor before she leaves, followed by Soyeon.

 

AT THE CONVENIENCE STORE ON THE WAY TO SOYEON’S PLACE

Soyeon and Soojin sat down on at the table, facing the glass wall while looking outside of the store, drinking banana milk while stays silent.

Soyeon peek at Soojin and sighs before she placed the empty banana milk’s bottle on the table and start to break the silence, “Why are you being so quiet all of sudden?”

Soojin blink a little as her deep thoughts got distracted before she turns her face to Soyeon, “Hm?”

Soyeon sighed in frustration, “I said, why are you so quiet? You haven’t spoken any words after we left.” She rests her elbow on the table while resting her head on her palm, “I know you’re not the type to talk much but still...”

Soojin shook her head and look at her, “No, it’s nothing. I’m just thinking.” She continued to sip on her milk.

“Okay then, what are you thinking?” Soyeon lean a little forward and stares at her, “I’m listening.”

“I’m--” Soojin looking at the streets while thinking of words to say, “How should I say this...” She had a quick flashback on what happened once again and start to blush. “Ugh, I don’t know!”

Soyeon frowned in confussion, “Are you sick or something? Your face is red, though.”

Soojin let out a tiny groan before she looks at Soyeon, “Hmm... There’s something I need to tell you, but- not here, please.”

Soyeon kept frowning and pouted a little, “Ugh, why do you always making me wait...”

 

SOYEON’S ROOM

While sitting at the center of the room, Soojin finally confessed to Soyeon about her true feelings.

“WAIT, WHAT?!” Soyeon shouted in disbelief after she heard what came out Soojin’s mouth.

Soojin already expected the reaction she would get, “Well... this is why I need to tell you in private.”

Soyeon still confused and starts to question everything, “Wait wait wait wait- Why- I mean- H-how? And... when did these things started? How did I not even realize it?!”

Soojin rubbed her nape a little while looking elsewhere as she felt a little shy, “Well...”

Soyeon try to process every question in her head, “Okay, wait. First of all, she’s not even attending the same school as us. Second, we never even actually met her before and third, SHE’S JEONGYEON, THE DAUGHTER OF ONE OF THE RICHEST FAMILY IN THIS TOWN! I mean... of course we know who she is- since everyone seems to talk about her lately... but still! I never thought that you would actually falls for her, too...”

 

Soojin look at Soyeon before she let out a sigh, “I know... She’s like everyone’s crush or whatever. But...”

Soyeon staring back at her, “Look, I know you’re not the type to easily fall for someone. So... it kinda feels impossible that you actually fell for her.” She crossed her arms as she started to feel suspicious, “Unless... there’s something happened that I didn’t know...”

Soojin fix a little before she takes a deep breath and release it slowly, “Well, okay. I’m gonna tell you how it started. Just- okay, don’t get mad at me yet...”

Soyeon felt a little betrayed that Soojin hid something from her, “Ugh, God... I knew it.”

Soojin held Soyeon’s hands as she feels bad for keeping a secret, “Just- please, listen...”

Soyeon gave up on getting on her nerve and calmed herself down, “Okay, fine. I want full details.”

Soojin slowly smiles as she starts to reminiscing the first time, she met Jeongyeon, “Okay, it started when...”

 

BACK TO PRESENT DAY

[MINNIE NARRATION]

The first day always feel long. Ugh, it’s a little tiring. My body is aching- I didn’t know the first task could be a challenge. Gosh... I need to learn more from Soojin and Miyeon next time.

Minnie sit straight on her bed while stretching her body a little, “Uh... my back.” She looks at everyone in the room and realized that Shuhua and Yuqi is not in the room.

“Wait, where’s the two kids?” She asked Miyeon who’s busy putting the toner on her face.

Miyeon massage her face while glancing at Minnie, “Hm? Those two? Well, probably playing somewhere out there.”

Minnie take her phone to check on the current time, “It’s already 9:30p.m. They shouldn’t be outside this late...”

Soyeon who’s been laying down on her bed while playing her phone get into the conversation, “They probably at the kitchen looking for snacks.”

Minnie change her glance to Soyeon instead, “Now that you mentioned the kitchen… I need a drink. Uh, I’m thirsty.”

Minnie gets up from her bed and walks to the door, “Alright, I go find something to drink. Any of you needs anything?” She stopped by the door while looking at the three of them.

Soyeon and Miyeon answered while Soojin's mind seems to be elsewhere while she's looking at her phone.

Minnie noticed that she did not answer and attempt to ask her again, “Soojin? Is there anything that you want?”

Soojin heard her named being called and turn to look at Minnie, “Hm? What’s that?”

Minnie stares at her as she starts to get concerned with Soojin’s different behavior, “Soojin, is everything okay? You seem a bit off today.” Minnie asked.

“Oh, yeah. I’m just tired… I’m sorry.” Soojin smile a little to her to ensure her.

“Well… okay. Anyway, I’m heading to the kitchen, do you need anything?” She smiles back to Soojin as she asks.

Soojin shakes her head, “Oh, it’s fine. Thank you.”

“Well then, alright. Just- text me if you need anything.” She looks at the other two. “Same goes to you two!” She leaves after, heading downstairs.

 

IN THE LOUNGE ROOM

The lounge room is one of the private places for the Mean Girls to hang out. The leader, Jennie would always rant on something in the room while the other three just laze about on the couch while they either listening to her or just doing their own thing.

Jennie got up from her “throne” (which is her personalize couch) with anger, “Ugh! That , I swear to God!” She walks back and forth in front of her girls while still being angry at Soyeon for intimidated her during their class.

Lisa, who always be her right hand, watching her walking back and forth, “Babe, she’s not worth it for you to think about, really.”

Rose who’s sitting on the couch while playing with her hair, would always have a trick up her sleeves, “Boo, instead of ranting all night long about that of yours, why don’t you just, you know, get back at her?” She scoffs a little, “I mean, she deserves a reaaaaally good one, though.”

Jennie stopped as the thing that Rose said seems to caught her attention and stand before them with her arms crossed, “And- what exactly do you have in mind now?”

Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie looking forward to what Rose has to say and as the naughtiest girl she is, her evil mind started to work before a smirk is shown on her face, she leans forward, “Well, okay. Here’s what we’re gonna do…”

 

IN THE HALLWAY

Coincidentally, at the time Rose is explaining her evil plan, Minnie came across the room while she was on her way to the kitchen. She stays quietly just behind the slightly opened door, intently eavesdrop on their conversations.

Right after Minnie collects every single info, she quickly walks away and heads upstairs. Halfway at the stairs, she ran into someone, and slightly almost bump onto her.

“O-oh! I’m so sorry!” She flustered and when she looks at the person, she started to get a little struck for a moment as she’s staring at her, speechless by her appearance.

She has a long black hair that she had flipped it perfectly to the right side, wearing a black silk bath robe and her skin is a little tanned.

She frowned as she feels weird with Minnie staring at her, “Hello?” She snaps her finger right in front of Minnie’s face. “Hello?”

Minnie finally comes to her sense and then realized it is one of the senior, “Oh, I’m so sorry, sunbaenim!”

The senior snicker a little at Minnie’s reaction before she smiles, “It’s fine. Just, don’t run around the stairs. You could hurt yourself.” She said before she leaves, walking down the stairs.

Minnie watch her walking down the stairs and remember that she never gets to catch the name of the seniors that always been seen around with Moonbyul and another 2 seniors, “U-um, excuse me, Sunbaenim!”

She stops at the call and turn to look at Minnie, “Yes?”

“M-may I know your name?” Minnie asked with a tiny voice as she feels a little embarrassed.

She chuckles at Minnie’s question, “Funny how no one ever ask me that. But oh well, my name is Hwasa. Some people call me Maria. And… you can call me that if you’d like to.” She gives Minnie a smile before she continues to walk down the stairs.

“Be careful, Minnie. No running around!” Hwasa said as she leaves.

Minnie smiles while watching her leaves as she repeating the name to herself, “Hwasa Sunbaenim… Gosh, she’s so beautiful…” She whispered to herself until she realized that Hwasa actually mentioned her name.

“W-wait… Did she said my name…” she asked herself while feeling confused. “How did she even know my name…?”

A split second, she remembered again about the Mean Girls’ evil plan towards Soyeon, “Oh, right! I need to tell them.” She heads back to the room.

 

Minnie got to the room and locked the door quickly, “Guys!”

Everyone in the room shocked and confused by her once she came in, except for Soojin who is already dead asleep.

Yuqi groans as her sleeps got interrupted, “Heyyyy, I was just about to fall asleep, you know?!”

Minnie look at her and Shuhua, “When the hell did you and Shuhua got here…?”

“They were here 10 minutes ago.” Miyeon answered for them while she is curious on what’s Minnie actually going to say. “Anyway, what is it?”

Minnie goes to the center of the room and finally spoil it, “I got bad news.”

The “bad” in the news caught everyone’s attention.

 

TO BE CONTINUED…