1.0

The Unexpected Accident

The Boyz will be having a concert in Europe in 10 days. This concert will be their second world tour in Europe. They only had a few days left to go before the concert and today they want to complete their dance steps. For this concert, they want to make it special by including some stunts in their performance and of course it will be done by the dancing genius of the group, Changmin.

He has a flexible body and the most agile among the members. They have been practicing the jump where Changmin will jump on Juyeon’s back but the thing is it is quite difficult since he also has to flip his body after the jump but it is still far from perfect.

“Let’s warm up before we start,” Changmin gets up and followed by the other members. Warming up is important to avoid cramps or muscle sore and even unnecessary accidents. Since the concert is just few days away, they cannot afford to get injured during practice. After they all finish warming up they all get into their position. Just a few seconds after that every corner of the studio is filled with music and the sound of feet stamping on the floor. For the first four attempt of doing the flip, Changmin manages to make the jump but did not manage to land smoothly. They decided to take a little break and hydrate themselves before they continue their practice.

Before they start their practice again, Sangyeon reminds all the members to be careful during practice. All members get into their position again and once the music starts, they all start dancing. For the first time after several practice practicing the flip, Changmin successfully landed on the floor perfectly. Changmin practice the jump and flip several times with Juyeon and Kevin supporting him. Even though the flip is done well but he thinks the jump is still not high enough like he wants it to be.

Later, no one would have thought that a horrible accident would happen during their practice that day. When Changmin was about to jump on Juyeon’s back he suddenly loses his footing and fell backward followed by the sound of something cracking echoes in the practice room. Everyone just froze when they see Changmin on the floor and not moving. Kevin who was support him during his flip was the nearest to Changmin and unfortunately, he clearly saw everything and the cracking sound horrified him. He was unable to catch Changmin because it happened too fast and he had not enough time to react when he falls. Even though he was shocked by the accident, he realized something was not right with Changmin. He was just lying on the floor like a corpse. When he tried to touch Changmin to see if his friend is okay, someone suddenly grab his hand and when Kevin looks up, Sangyeon shakes his head as a sign to not touch Changmin.

“He might have hurt his neck,” Sangyeon says. Kevin nods and he looks at Changmin again. “Did he just break something? ‘Cause I heard a cracking sound before I saw him on the floor,” Juyeon who is Changmin’s jumping pad a while ago has now standing with the other members who are now circling around Kevin, Sangyeon and Changmin. “Yeah, I am afraid it is his head. We better call the ambulance and inform the manager,” When Sangyeon says that, Jacob, not wasting another second, grabs his phone and calls the ambulance. He was informed by the medical operator that the boy must not be touched until the paramedics arrive. He also calls the manager and informs their manager about the accident.

After three minutes have passes, Changmin shows sign of waking up. Kevin who is sitting beside him notices his eyelids flutter as he regains his consciousness back. “Changmin can you hear me? Are you okay?” Changmin who just manage to open his eyes is looking at Kevin whose face is just a few centimeters away from him with a confuse look. He is awake but not responding. “Hey, can you hear me?” it is Sangyeon this time. His voice is full of worry. Sangyeon face’s twist when he sees Changmin frowning.

“Are you in pain? You hurt your head. Don’t move ‘kay?” They are not even sure if Changmin can hear their voice and seeing him in that state really break their heart. Kevin hears it then, the shaky and slurred voice coming from Changmin. “What is it? I can’t hear you,”

He murmured something but they couldnt catch up with what he is saying. Changmin took a little breath before continuing, “What happened?”

 

“You fell and hit your head pretty bad. You were also out for some time,” Sangyeon says while rubbing Changmin’s hand to try to calm his uneasiness. "I'm sorry Changmin-ah," Kevin lets out a sob. "If I have catch you, this would never happen," Kevin continues while bowing his head. He can't see Changmin's situation right now because he feels like what happened to Changmin is his fault. He was supposedly to be Changmin’s supporter in case the flip fail. Kevin just cannot stop blaming himself.

 

“No. It's not everyone's fault. Kevin raise your head please, "Although his voice is slow, everyone who is silent can hear clearly what Changmin is saying.

 

The ambulance takes forever to arrive. Hyunjae notices that Changmin face is becoming paler. He grabs his coat and cover Changmin up. “You don’t look so good. Are you feeling sick?”

 

Changmin does not answer but frowns his face as if he is in pain. He knows by the look of his face that he is going to vomit but before they can do anything Changmin already rolls his head to his right and throw up. Everyone is surprised by the sudden action and Kevin tries to sooth his friend by rubbing his back. “Why the ambulance is taking so long!” Hyunjae is now furious.

 

After Changmin is done, Hyunjae put the towel he is wearing on his neck onto the pool of vomit. The disturbing sight really makes them feel like throwing up too. But that is not important right now. Changmin is really hurt and his condition is not looking very good. “My head really hurts hyung,” Changmin let out a wail. His head is spinning and hurts like hell. His body is now shaking but he can feel someone tries to calm him down by rubbing his back and saying calming words to his ears.

 

The door of the practice room flung open abruptly. The manager and the paramedics has arrived and hurried to Changmin. Everyone gives the paramedics their way to help Changmin. The paramedics keep asking the other members a lot of questions about Changmin while putting the neck collar on him and then they leave the practice room after lifting him on the stretcher.

 

Meanwhile, Sangyeon go to talk to the manager about the details of the accident. “Sangyeon can you follow Changmin in the ambulance? I will follow you with the car after I sent the boys to the dorm.” said the manager.

 

“Hyung, can I go too?” ask Kevin. His eyes are red because of crying. Manager who feels sorry about what happen let Kevin come with him.

 

The doctor has finish checking up on Changmin and has given him some medicine to relieve the pain. “He’s okay. Luckily it’s not very serious but he the concussion symptom might last for three weeks. He cannot do any extreme activities until he recover or else the concussion will worsen. He can go back tomorrow if there is no other problem,” The doctor says.

 

“Can we visit him?” Kevin asks.

 

“Yeah sure. But please be quiet since he needs lot of rest,” The doctor leaves the manager, Sangyeon and Kevin infront of Changmin’s ward. The three of them breathed a sigh of relief at hearing the news.

 

When they enter the room, Changmin is sleeping peacefully. Kevin go near to Changmin to take a good look on him. The colour on his face has returned due to the medication but he still look tired. They are not long in the room since they don’t want to disturb Changmin and just want the boy to rest.

 

They go back to their dorm and Sangyeon tells the good news to the members. They were also relieved and grateful when they hear the news. Kevin has stop crying but he is still thinking about the accident.  Sangyeon who notice the younger being quite tells him “Please don’t think it’s your fault. What happened is over. We are glad Changmin is okay now. Hm?” Kevin just nodded but is still being quiet. He is very down right now. Sangyeon understand why Kevin is acting like this and he is worried for Kevin. He has never look at Kevin being so upset like this.

 

“Because of what happened to Changmin we need to redo the formation. He is not allowed to dance for at least three weeks. Everyone should take a rest today since tomorrow is gonna be hard,” Sangyeon continues.

 

Timeskip to the next day:

 

While they are in the middle of practice in the studio, the door suddenly open and Changmin head pop out. Everyone charges at Changmin and is screaming. Chanhee is the first to hug Changmin followed by the others. Kevin also joins them to see Changmin but somehow hesitate to group hug.

 

“Hey give him some space!” the manager said angrily. They release their hug around Changmin. “It’s okay hyung. I miss them a lot. I am so glad to see them again,” Changmin smiles. “Are you really okay now hyung? We were so worried about you!” Eric almost scream.

 

Of course I am. If I am not okay, I won’t be able to be here,”

 

“But you know that you can’t practice with us right?” Sunwoo says.

 

“Yeah. Too bad but I will be here to monitor you guys okay? I cannot just sit and do nothing,” Changmin tries to persuade them by making cute face. They all look at each other because they dont know what to say to the boy and they don’t want to hurt his feeling since people with concussion is quite sensitive but Sangyeon replies “Okay.. But you have to promise us that you will stay on the couch, alright? Sangyeon takes his pinky finger out.

 

“Okay, promise,” Chagmin locks his pinky finger with Sangyeon.

 

Timeskip to three days before concert:

 

Changmin is getting better even though sometimes he tells the members that he is feeling dizzy. But that is a common symptom when someone had a concussion. Even though he cannot join the others he is still with them during their practice because he feels lonely if he just stays at home.

 

It is currently rest time. Kevin take a seat beside Changmin on the sofa. “Are you okay?” Kevin asks. Not only Kevin but all the members are concern of Changmin and always checking on him. “Yeah! I am almost ready,” says Changmin.

 

“Ready for what?” Jacob who is also sitting next to Changmin furrow his forehead.

 

“Dance!” Changmin suddenly stands up.

 

“NO!” Kevin tries to pull Changmin’s hand but the boy does not budge. Meanwhile, Changmin just laughs when he looks at his friend expression

 

“I am just joking okay?” Changmin sits back on the couch and continue laughing.

 

“Aishhh this kid!” Jacob says half angrily.

 

Don’t be so serious. I am just trying to lift up the mood hehe,”

 

Kevin hits the boy’s arm jokingly but Changmin suddenly groans and touches his head. “Wait- are you okay? I am sorry!” Kevin gasps when he sees his friend suddenly frowns in pain.

 

“I.. I… I am just faking it hahahhahaha!” Changmin giggles.

 

“I hate you Ji Changmin,” It looks like Changmin is already back to being himself. Even though he looks a lot better now he is still not allowed to practice along with the other members. Changmin just look at his friends who is now practicing again for the concert. Even though he can only watch from afar, as long as he can be with s, he is happy.