No, Something Came Up

Dreamcatcher OneShots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siyeon closed her locker to see herself in the small mirror she put on the front. Fixing her jean jacket, she tilted her head to the side, mentally hyping herself up to ask Bora to the dance that would happen that night, with the note in hand. She intended to give it to her in a couple hours when they had class together. 

The two had always been super close and they went together last year, and even though they went as friends, Siyeon never lost hope that they could be more.

But all the sudden she heard a cruel, familiar laugh behind her, and she saw purple hair in the mirror meaning only one thing, Kim Minji.

Minji has always bullied Siyeon, and she always saw Bora as the ultimate way to make her suffer, but the worst part was Bora never noticed. And because Minji befriended Bora, Siyeon never mentioned it, afraid that it would shatter her relationship with Bora.

"What's up Siyeon" Minji said mockingly.

Siyeon had learned to try and just be short with her words and move along with her day but she was stopped by Minji as she pushed her against the locker causing Siyeon to drop the note.

Minji saw "Bora" written on it as a devilish smile crept onto her face as she turned back to Siyeon.

"Aw were you going to ask Bora to the dance?" Minji said pursing her lower lip.

Siyeon didn't get a chance to respond before Minji pulled her inches away from her face.

"She would never go with someone like you" Minji hissed, letting Siyeon go as the sound of the bell echoed through the halls.

Siyeon watched her catch up with a few of her friends as they watched Siyeon and laughed. She merely sighed and picked up the note, putting it in her pocket for later.

Fast forward to when Bora and Siyeon have class together. 
Siyeon was already sitting at their shared lab table, waiting for Bora to arrive. She fiddled with the note before noticing a small figure enter the room, looking cheerful as usual.

Bora saw Siyeon and sat down right away, bouncing in her seat slightly.

"Have an extra cup of coffee? What's with you?" Siyeon asked as she scanned Bora's figure, slightly chuckling.

"Nope! I got asked to the dance" Bora said proudly. 

It felt like Siyeon's whole world wilted and died.

Siyeon stopped fiddling with the note after looking at it for a brief moment before faking a smiling and locking eyes with Bora.

"That's great!" Siyeon lied

"Who asked you?" Siyeon dated to ask even though she knew the answer.

"Kim Minji! She was so sweet, it made me feel so happy inside!" Bora said excitedly 

Siyeon wanted to run, as far as she could away from everyone and everything, but instead she took a deep breath and just looked foward at the board.

"That's great Bora, I hope you two have fun" Siyeon said blandly, reclining that if Bora suspected anything wrong with her tone, she would just say she was trying to pay attention.

"Are you gonna ask someone?" Bora asked curiously

Siyeon folded the note into her hand and simply nodded her head no.

"I-uh, actually I did ask someone, but something came up and they can't go" Siyeon lied, she knew Bora would be too excited from Minji asking to really notice anything wrong with her.

"Hey what's that?" Bora asked, tugging on Siyeon's hand to open up

Siyeon simply pulled her hand away and put the note in her pocket on the other side of Bora so she couldn't get it.

"Oh it was just a club form, I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter