Chase Me

Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10

 

-Chase Me-

Bora spotted that someone was standing there silently as they listened, and suddenly she got the feeling that something was wrong. She quickly signaled Siyeon to be quiet as she slowly stalked towards the curtain. But the sudden silence was a warning signal for the boy.

Just as Bora’s fingers brushed the cloth curtain, he turned quickly as the fabric was snatched open. Bora could only see his back but charged forward after him.

“Bora! No!” Siyeon screamed as her girlfriend charged after the fleeing boy. She tried to sit up, but pain washed over her when she accidentally tried to move her shoulder.

“ah…! Bora! Please, come back!” Siyeon shouted as she struggled to sit up. She prayed that Bora was alright and was relieved when the shorter girl came back into the room, panting heavily.

“I'm sorry… I lost him…” Bora said as she breathed heavily. But when she looked at Siyeon, she froze. Her girlfriend had tears running down her face, and suddenly Bora panicked.

“Siyeon? What's wrong?” Bora asked as she rushed over. As soon as she was in range, Siyeon dove at her and held the smaller girl close with her good arm as sobbing started.

“Siyeon?” Bora asked as she gently rubbed her back soothingly.

“Please don’t ever do that again!” Siyeon sobbed as she snuggled against Bora’s neck. She was so worried something would happen to Bora. All of her worst nightmares flooded through her head, causing her to panic.

Bora didn’t know what to do, but she felt horrible. Siyeon was so upset that she was shaking. Her hands were trembling as she gripped the hem of Bora’s shirt nervously.

Bora didn’t think about how Siyeon would react at the time. She only wanted to catch the person that hurt her. But seeing how scared Siyeon had become, she quickly learned never to do that again. She didn’t like seeing Siyeon so afraid and hated knowing that it was her fault.

“I'm sorry…” Bora said softly as she held the younger girl tenderly.

“I promise I won't do it again…” Bora said softly as she heard Siyeon sniffle. She was trying to stop her tears, but it was difficult.

“d, did you see who it was?” Siyeon asked as Bora shook her head.

“no… he was running too fast and never looked back. Judging by his reaction, I'm sure that he was the one that cornered you. He didn’t just run so that he wouldn’t get in trouble. He ran like his life was on the line…” Bora said with a glare. It would be If she caught him.

“ugh…” Siyeon said with a groan as she leaned back. Her shoulder was hurting so much worse now, and the throbbing was becoming unbearable.

“what's wrong? Is the pain back?” Bora asked as Siyeon nodded with a grimace.

“damn… your meds are In my bag… I will see if Minji can run it to us.” Bora said as she pulled out her phone and messaged her friend. She was getting better at using her left hand for things, but she couldn’t wait for her cast to be off.

“she said she would ask for a bathroom break as soon as possible and bring it to us,” Bora said as Siyeon apologized. She felt guilty for everyone helping her. Minji was now going to miss class because of her.

“Why are you apologizing all the time?” Bora asked curiously as Siyeon looked at the floor nervously.

“because I know I don’t deserve all of this attention…” Siyeon said softly as Bora felt her chest squeezing at how vulnerable Siyeon sounded at the moment.

“why do you think you don’t deserve our attention?” Bora asked softly as Siyeon bit her lip nervously.

“I don’t know…” Siyeon finally said as Bora pulled her to her chest.

“Siyeon, you are amazing and deserve to be happy. You don’t deserve the treatment you are getting. Believe me. You mean so much to me…” Bora said softly as Siyeon looked into her eyes nervously.

“I do?” Siyeon asked as Bora smiled and nodded.

“as I said before, I love you…” Bora said with a soft smile as Siyeon squealed and hid her face against Bora’s neck shyly.

“you can't just do that without warning. You are going to kill her that way.” Minji teased as she entered the room with their bags, including her own.

“Are you planning on skipping?” Bora teased as her friend rolled her eyes.

“well kind of. Your father is coming to pick us up right after class. It seems Mr. park called him. Why does your father drive a van again?” Minji asked as Bora rolled her eyes.

“I have no idea, but at least it's coming in handy at the moment,” Bora said as she looked at Siyeon. She could feel her tensing and knew the pain was getting worse quickly.

“Minji, can you hand me Siyeon’s medicine?” Bora asked as Minji quickly opened her friend's bag and grabbed the pain medicine, and quickly handed it to Bora and grabbed a paper cup from the counter as she filled it with water before walking over and handing it to Bora.

“Thanks,” Bora said as she popped the pain med into Siyeon’s mouth and carefully put the cup to her lips. Siyeon carefully swallowed the pill down and groaned once Bora removed the cup. Her shoulder was throbbing severely.

“thank you…” Siyeon said softly as she hid her face against Bora’s neck again as she struggled through the pain.

“just relax. I'm right here.” Bora said softly as Minji smiled. Her friend was so careful and gentle with Siyeon. It was a first for her, and she had to say she was proud of Bora and couldn’t wait to see how the two would grow together.

“aww, you two are truly adorable!” Minji said as she walked closer to the two and smiled. Bora blushed as she held Siyeon, but she smiled. She liked hearing that they looked good together.

“feeling a bit better?” Bora asked after she felt Siyeon relaxing slightly. The younger girl nodded as she rested her head on Bora’s shoulder. The pain medicine was making her sleepy again. All Siyeon wanted right now was to snuggle up to Bora and sleep.

“uh oh… is she going to get all cute again?” Minji asked as she glanced at the door and paused. For a second, she swore she had seen movement but brushed it off as she glanced back at her two friends.

“too sleepy to be cute…” Siyeon said with an adorable pout as Bora laughed. Siyeon smiled when she heard Bora’s beautiful laugh. It was soft for once. Bora didn’t want to wake Siyeon back up. She could feel the younger girl slowly drifting to sleep in her arms.

“Minji? Come here for a second…” Bora said as Minji suddenly looked worried and walked closer. Bora softly told her about the eavesdropper, and suddenly Minji spun around towards the door. As she drew closer, though, she heard footsteps running away at full speed.

“… I thought I saw something earlier… I thought I just imagined it…” Minji said as she glared down the hall as Bora’s expression changed from shock at her friend's sudden movements to anger. But she wouldn’t make the same mistake as last time. She wouldn’t run off and leave Siyeon alone again.

The image of Siyeon crying as she shook and clung to her still made Bora’s heart ache. She remembered Siyeon clinging onto the hem of her shirt tightly. It was like she feared if she let go that Bora would disappear forever.

“I can't go after that boy. I already scared Siyeon once. But maybe you can let Dami and Yeeun know? That way, they can keep an eye out and listen for any new rumors?” Bora asked as Minji nodded and messaged Gahyeon.

After messaging the younger girl, they saw quick results. Dami messaged in the group chat that she would look into it. Not long after, she heard back from her friends. One boy was gone from his class most of the period only to return near the end, but the other students didn’t know his name.

“wow, Dami works quickly. If only we got that name, though…” Minji said as Bora nodded.

“but at least now we have a bit of info, and the other students now have an interest in this boy. Maybe someone will learn his name.” Bora said as Minji nodded and looked at the sleeping girl in Bora’s arms.

“Siyeon looks so soft when sleeping…” Minji said with a sweet smile as Bora grinned widely.

“she really is. Not just when sleeping. She's so amazing. How did I end up with someone so perfect?” Bora said sweetly as she leaned in and gently kissed the sleeping girl's forehead.

“wow… Bora’s gone soft…” Minji teased as Bora stuck her tongue out at her friend.

“says the one that whined when Yoohyeon had to go to school…” Bora teased as Minji pouted.

“But I miss her… at least you two go to the same school…” Minji said with a pout as Bora laughed softly.

“Are we still doing the plan with Yoohyeon?” Bora asked as Minji nodded.

“yes, your father already picked her up, and they are waiting. She convinced him to buy her snacks…” Minji said with a laugh as Bora shook her head.

“you know, I thought he would be so strict a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter