First Meeting - Red & Purple

Just One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sound of camera clicking can be heard inside the red carpet, white flash shines so brightly, focusing on the person that is standing in the middle. A lot of fans screaming, but they only screamed one name out loud.

“Ruby Jane!!”

“Ruby Jane please look at here”

“Ruby Jane you’re so beautiful”

“Ruby Jane, can you please move a little to the left?”

The said followed the given instruction, “Ruby I love your smile!” that one fan scream made Jennie let out a little chuckle on her face, she gave out a smile.

A smile that could make the crowd screams even louder,

“Ruby Jane!!”

.

Hah…

Jennie sighed as she leaned her head to the window car

“That’s my superstar!”

Sudden voice made the said ‘superstar’ jumped, an older man probably in his 40s letting out a smile as he entered the car. On his way inside, the superstar turns meeting his gaze “What’s up boss? Do you need anything?” she gave him her signature smile

She was not pleased with the surprise visit of her boss, she never does, she just knew that there’s something her boss needed her to do every time he came to see her.

The boss laughs shaking his head, “What do you mean Jennie? Of course not, I’m just wanted to see my favourite star myself” he returned her gaze, “Is it wrong?” before continued laughing, thinking that it was a joke.

Jennie can only reply with a rolled eye, ‘At least if you want to lie, make it more convincing’ she told to herself

“It’s nice, MEETING you, sajangnim” Jennie give him her 90-degree bow and put a little pressure at a certain word. “Is there anything I can do for you?” she continued with giving him her best smile.

His expression turned darker for a second definitely not pleased with the attitude earlier but then turning back again with a fake smile before speaking “Oh Jennie, don’t need to be like that! You have been doing a pretty good job lately. I can't ever ask for more” he put his hand on his chest, making a gesture. “Oh right! almost forgot, I was just asking your manager a minute ago about your schedule, and he said that you have an empty schedule for the next 2 months"

Jennie turn to looks at her manager that was standing outside the car, currently sending her an apologetic smile, her boss cleared out his throat, getting the artist attention back to him, “So I was just thinking…” her boss continued

‘Here we go again’  

Jennie rolled her eyes for the rest of the conversation, she doesn’t listen to what her boss said next, she’s bored and tired, she wanted to drop everything and just, leave

.

“CUT!”

"Okay good job everyone, you've worked hard," the producer standing up from his chair and giving everyone applause.

“Good Job everyone, thank you for your work" Jennie standing from her own seat and go around giving everyone a handshake and a 90-degree bows

One of the staff approached her, “Ruby Jane, you’ve been doing great, thank you for your work today” Jennie gave her a little smile as a return “Oh no, Unnie, you’re the one that worked even harder than me. Thank you for the makeup btw, you make me look so beautiful" Jennie continues to smile at the latter "hahaha you already beautiful, I just put a little bit makeup" Jennie continues to smile as the staff continues speaking, gazing behind seeing the producer come approached her from the opposite way.

“Ruby Jane, good work today,” he said when he was closer. Jennie maintained the smile on her face.

Is her job to always smile right?

"You must be busy, please eat a lot, you’re getting thinner" the producer continued

“Thank you for your concern Oppa but don’t worry, I eat a lot" Jennie chuckle at the producer, lighten up the mood. After making a few minutes talking to everyone, Jennie made her way to the door, turned her body to face everyone one last time before she spoke, "There’s a coffee truck outside, I prepared for everyone as a Thank you for today" Jennie gave them the last 90-degree bow before excuse herself to go home.

.

“Hey, don’t you think there’s something wrong about Ruby Jane?” Everyone is outside, standing in a line to taste a cup of coffee from the truck Jennie’s send

“What do you mean?” another staff asked, she was standing behind her.

“You know, her smile is weird like she’s just pretending,” the staff said back, she turned to face her friend “She’s only 3 years in this industry, but she is so cocky and arrogant all the time.”

“I think she’s nice and a hardworking person. She came from aboard right?” the other staff said back but the female staff just rolled her eyes nodded before adding, “Exactly, she is born from a rich family and debuted from a big company, it was given with a silver spoon for her”

"Here's your order" the sudden voice from the barista jolted her, she murmured a simple thank you before taking off while drinking the coffee from the coffee truck Jennie prepared.

.

“Tae, is there anything else that I needed to do next?”

Jennie looked at the manager that was driving in front, "Uhm, you still have a photoshoot, and an interview at 5 clocks, dinner with your family at 7, and then came back to shoot a variety show at 10"

Jennie exhales another breath, she rested her head in the car window,

‘it’s exhausted’

While looking at the world outside she sees kids running with their friends, teens felt love for the first time, and adults concentrating at their watch thinking about the time.

Looking at that Jennie’s mind starts to wonder, what could she be doing if she didn't choose this life? what could have been if she chooses to follow her mother dream and became the lawyer her mom originally planned?

“There’s another hour before we arrive at the photoshoot right? Please wake me up when we arrive”

Looking at the back mirror, Taehyung smiles at her before turning his eyes to the road, “Sure Jen, have a good rest” he said, even though he knew they will only arrive shortly.

.

“Jen, you seriously need to get laid”

Jennie was just chilling in her house. Today's is her day off and she was planned to spend all day laying in her perfect bed but unfortunately, her best friend decided to come and ruined her ‘holiday’ plan.

“You know Rosie, sometimes I need a reminder why I’m friend with you”

Jennie stands, looking at her friend sitting position, Chaeyoung is putting her leg on the coffee table, lazily laying the rest of her body on the couch. 'She takes the words. My cassa is your cassa seriously’ Jennie rolled her eyes before walking and push her friend foot off the table.

“Auch!” the Aussie groaned

"No foot on the table" letting a smirk coming to her face Jennie sat on the couch beside her.

Looking at the younger phone at the coffee table, curiosity comes to her "What were you wanted to show me?" turned to face the younger.

“Oh yes yes! You need to look at this unnie" Chaeyoung excitedly opened her phone and gave it to Jennie “See this? It's beautiful right?” Chaeyoung eyes start to wander to see the older reaction.

The phone shows a photo of a beach with hill surrounded it, the field of a daisy on the top of the hills is the first thing that could catch her eyes and the ocean wave, so beautiful that she feels like she can hear their sounds.

"Where is this?" Jennie is not taking her eyes off the photo, it brings her to the memory when she was still in New Zealand when everything was good and pure filled with joy,

when she hasn't chosen this life.

“It’s Jeju Island" Chaeyoung said before standing up and go to the kitchen, leaving the latter who probably still busy admiring the photo to even noticed anyway,

“I think you should try to go there, it’s looking almost like New Zealand, the beaches I mean" Chaeyoung said before drinking cardboard milk she stole from the older fridge.

“yeah…” Jennie still not taking her eyes off the phone, she smiles secretly, remembering the happy memories of her childhood.

.

“Hello Tae”

It’s been 3 hours since Chaeyoung left, but Jennie can’t seem to let go of her mind off the previous photo.

“Yeah Jen, what’s up?” the younger said from the other side

“Uhmm, sajangnim said that I can write my song for this comeback right?" Jennie said, remembering her boss's last visit. "Yes, do you already have thought about the song?" 

"I think I might" Jennie walk to her side window "When is the preparation starting?" she looked at the 2 students that were just passing by, joked at each other. “Maybe next week, but we can start as soon as you wanted” Hmm, Jennie nodded her head, showing a sign of understanding.

“Book me a flight for tomorrow” 

“What?!" Taehyung looks up from her paper as in Jennie is in front of her, calming his shock. Taehyung clearing his throat, "hmm, ok, I’ll book you an oversea flight, what country did you wish to go?"

“No” she said firmly “I don’t want an oversea flight. I want to go to Jeju Island”

“WHAT?!”

A loud voice of breaking shocked the superstar, it showed a shock from the latter and reminded her to just put Taehyung on the speaker next time they call so she wouldn't visit her doctor anytime soon.

“Are you serious?! Jennie, Jeju is still in Korea! Why can't you just go to France or London? we can even rent a place if you want to go there!” concern voice can be heard from her manager, but Jennie already made up her mind, and if Jennie Kim already made up her mind, there's nothing or someone that could ever change it.

“Tae, just book me a flight to Jeju, my off is starting tomorrow right? Just book the first flight tomorrow morning”

“But- “

“Please Tae, just do it”

A sigh can be heard from the other side, as much as his concern as her manager, Taehyung also the superstar best friend, he knew what she went through for coming to the top “Okay, I’ll text you the flight detail”

A smile can be seen in the older face, "Thanks, Tae" she said before ended the call looking back at the children playing outside her house

.

"Jen, are you sure about this? I can book you another flight if you want? Hell we can even book a last-minute flight"

Jennie still can't take it with the concern from her manager, yes she knows what could happen because Jeju Island is still inside her home country but she also hopes the younger could understand that this is what she wants, she needed a break, she needs a little getaway, she needs to be free from the life that she has been doing for the last 3 years. “Tae, I know you're worried but please know that this is for the sake of the company too” she put her hand on his shoulder “for the sake of the people that we're wasting their money on me"

Taehyung rolled his eyes "It calls investing unnie, they're INVESTING their on you” The younger replied putting pressure on a certain word

"In a way... I need this vaca- flight” she corrected herself “To get new inspiration for me, a new idea, and a new side of Jennie Ruby Jane!" Jennie said with a proud smile on her face

Taehyung looking at her with a suspicious eye he knows deep inside the studio the superstar already had a few crafted songs that she made months ago, but he also knows that the older doesn't need a getaway that she requested to for the sake of inspiration especially for the reason of her comeback, even more for the stupid investor.

“Okay, but you know that you can change your mind even if it’s on the last minute okay?”

Jennie put a smile when the letter finally understands "Yes, of course, Tae, I'll keep that in mind"

.

Flight to Jeju from Seoul isn’t that long, it just took an hour or two before landed inside the little island.

Dragging her suitcase behind, Jennie looks at the people around her, minded their own business not even realized that there’s a big superstar is watching them.

She like it, she likes it very much. Not being the centre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter