Part 3 - End

Distracted Escape

Part 3 

“So, what do you want to talk about?”
“Hyung , why didn’t you tell me that Chaerin is dating that guy?”
“That guy? Hyun Joong ?... THEY’RE DATING!?” 
It took a while for TOP to process what Jiyong was saying as for he was really oblivious about his friends’ relationship.
“What? You don’t know?”
“They didn’t tell me anything! I thought they were just friends!”
“Yeah right, friends. She just introduced me to him earlier, come on hyung! I think you would have noticed that!”
“I didn’t, I was busy talking to Jaejoong hyung.”
“AISH! Nevermind. But I’m pretty sure you have something to do with this… now tell me, how did they end up together?”

*TOP’s flashback*

YG bulding. TOP saw Chaerin walking out of a recording studio. He followed her for he was sure that something happened. Seeing that blank face of his dongsaeng made him sigh in disappointment. He didn’t want to see anyone stressed for he also feels that burden for himself, after all he was the oldest he has to care. He chased her all the way, flashed on a smile as he called her attention.

“CL-yah! Are you busy? Want to go with me?”
She snapped out of her daydreaming upon hearing a low voice calling her name. Turning back, she faked a smile and faced her sunbae. 

“Eh? Sure oppa, anywhere to distract me from him.” She said unconsciously. And TOP always being the considerate and understanding person he is, grabbed her hand and ran all the way out of the building.
“Alright, let’s go then!”
After minutes of driving, their car then stopped at the most famous pub in Seoul. They walked in, a lot of people looking at them even with their heavy disguises. In no time, the two of them made their way to a corner where two familiar faces can also be seen. 

“Hyung! i want you to meet my dongsaeng , the one and only baddest female, CL.”
“Annyonghasaeyo, I’m 2ne1’s CL, nice to meet you.” 
“Yo, PRETTY LADY! Jaejoong here!” The Tohoshinki heartthrob introduced himself with a little tipsiness going on in his body.
“Annyeong, CL-ssi. Kim Hyun Joong here. I’ve heard a lot about you. “ the handsome leader of SS501 flashed her a shy smile, obviously feeling bashful knowing that it was impossible that Chaerin doesn’t know about his little crush on her.


*end of flashback*

“I don’t have any idea on what happened afterwards. I got a little drunk and can’t remember everything. All I remembered was Jaejoong hyung dancing all out with all the girls dressed with the shortest of short skirts crowding around him. And the two of them chatting away. Chaerin was a little drunk then.”
“Hyung, I don’t givea damn about Jaejoong hyung’s dancing or girls wearing short skirts either. Why did you even bring her with you in the first place? And you even let her drink!?”
“Hey! She’s old enough! She said she wanted to forget someone so I brought her with me. The possibility of the two of them to be dating didn’t even occur to me, and… I wasn’t even aware that the man standing in front of me is the one she wanted to forget.”
“Me? Hyung, what are you talking about?”
“I just figured this out recently. Whenever you and Dara noona talk, she keeps quiet and looks away to distract herself. You must have done something wrong.” 
“What…? Wait! When was this?” 

TOP wasn’t really surprised that he was acting like that. He has been too observant this past few weeks, knowing that something was happening between the two leaders and looking at Jiyong’s now frustrated expression, his theories can now be considered as facts. His friend, Kwon Jiyong, the leader of BIG BANG, is madly in love with Lee Chaerin, the leader of the hottest girl group 2NE1.

“Some weeks ago. I think she just finished recording that time. I saw her walking aimle—Wait, You bombard me with too many questions, why don’t you just ask her yourself?” With that, TOP left the stunned boy with a smirk creeping on his face.
---

“I’m the reason.” Jiyong was staring blankly into space, not even aware of his surroundings. 
“Yah! Jiyong! I have been hearing those words for like 7482653498 times already! Look at you! You’ve been looking like a zombie ever since that night! Are you even eating?” A perplexed Dara was poking his cheeks, trying to bring him back to reality.
“But Noona! It’s all my fault! I’m the reason.” And again he started chanting the statement as if it could do something to change everything.
“Oh God there you go again! Fine fine. I give up. If you’re the reason, then you should make up for it.”

Seconds later, Jiyong’s face suddenly brightened “Noona! Tonight is 2ne1’s anniversary dinner, right? I’ll be coming over, I know what to do.”
“Uhm, It’s actually moved to tomorrow because Minji will have something to attend to at Gwangju and Ddokchae will be having a dinner together with Hyung Joong and his parents tonight.”

Dara just looked down, not wanting to look at Jiyong’s expression. She knew that he was too much in pain. She even tried talking to Chaerin, but the girl was quite nervous throughout the day that she wasn’t on her right mind to talk to. 
“WHA-WH-- WHA WHAAT!? PARENTS!?”

---
That night, Jiyong decided to drive around the town to calm himself down and think of possible reasons.
“Parents? Why the hell is she already meeting them?” 
He was talking to himself, still bothered about the event that is going to happen later.
“Dinner… with Hyun Joong hyung. No. this can’t be.”
Trying to convince his self that the dinner was nothing serious, but who is he fooling? He knows very well that this fellowship could change everything and make him regret his shortcomings to her for the rest of his life.

“What should I do now? Should I just let her be? Think about it Jiyong, if she’s happy then you should be happy for her too. After all, it’s definitely your fault and you’re the reas-- AAAAAAAAAAAAH”
---

At the Hotel, the sound of Bigbang’s Hot Issue suddenly broke the silence. Chaerin took out her phone and knowing that Jiyong was the caller, she just can’t ignore it. She just…can’t.

“Hyun Joong-ssi, you go ahead I’ll just answer this call, it might be important.”
“No it’s okay, I’ll wait for you.” 
He was extremely understanding, how could she not like him?

“Well then, if you’ll excuse me. Hello? Jiyong oppa, why did you call?”
“Uhm, excuse me miss, this is the hospital. The owner of this phone has you on speed dial 1. Do you, by any chance, know Mr. Kwon Jiyong? We just want to notify you that he got involved in a car accident. I’m very sorry to bother you at this time but can you please come here at Seoul National University Hospital to fill up some hospital documents?” 
“No problem, I’ll be there right away.” 

“Who was that?” Hyun Joong immediately asked when he saw her coming with a panicked face.
“The hospital, Jingyo Oppa was involved in a car accident. I don’t know how serious it is, but I really need to go there and check.”
“What? Then what about dinner?”
“Can’t we do it next time? I really need to go.” Chaerin started to cry for she was really worried about Jiyong’s condition, and the guilty feeling of having to leave Hyun Joong was adding up to the stress.

“I know that you still love him. You talk about him nonstop whenever we’re together. Of course I let it pass whenever we’re together. But no, not today. You are not leaving.”
Chaerin was surprised by his possessiveness. She didn’t expect him to be like that. But she can’t blame him for he was right. Anything related to Jiyong always comes out of whenever they’re together. She knows that it’s also getting painful for Hyun Joong.
“Okay, Let’s put it this way.” He sighed then continued “If you leave now, we’re over. You decide.”
He doesn’t know why but he just can’t get mad at her so he decided to make this bet though he fully knew that he had no chance of winning it.

“I’m sorry… but I really have to go.”

Chaerin didn’t even think twice about her decision, dashed out of the hotel, got a cab, and made her way to the hospital without even looking back. Her thoughts were only worries about Jiyong, nothing else was on her mind.

“Jingyo, wait for me. Don’t die yet, please. I need to tell you something.” And kept repeating that to herself .

Upon entering the hospital, Chaerin just passed by the reception area and started to run back and forth, looking for Jiyong.

“Jingyo Oppa. Please be okay, Please be okay. Plea--” 
She stopped in her tracks when she saw Jiyong walk out of the treatment room with a sling on his left arm and a bandage around his head.

“JINGYO OPPA!” She ran towards him not being able to stop herself.
“You—WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”
“Oppa! What happened? Where are you hurt? Do you still remember me?” She continued bombarding him with questions, trying to find out what happened to him and if he was hurting.
“Yah, Chaerin... Chaerin! I’m perfectly fine. Look, I just injured my left arm and my head. No need to be worried. Now, answer me. You’re on a dinner with that boyfriend of yours, right? How come you’re here?” 
He was trying hard to control himself from jumping in joy just by seeing her there with him and not with another guy. 
“I left him. I ran away.”
“You what!? Chaerin! Are you crazy!? Go back and apologize! I’m fine on my own.”
Chaerin was bemused by his reaction. He still didn’t care after all.
“Chaerin, look. I don’t want to be at fault for stealing your happiness away. I’m just a mere sunbae. I’m not in the right place to do that, I’ll feel guilty if you won’t go back.” 
Jiyong started to walk away, afraid that if he’ll stay, he won’t be able to let her go away.
“Do you think that I came here just because the hospital asked me to? Do you think that I would risk my relationship just to go see a ‘mere sunbae’? Do you really think that those are my reasons to come here?” Tears were already forming on her eyes, a plain sight that Jiyong could not take.

“No oppa, You’re wrong. I came here because I wanted to see you… I came here because I wanted to know if you were fine. I came here because I thought you’d be leaving me… And no, you are not just a mere sunbae or mere oppa. You are JINGYO. How can you take my happiness away if you’re the one that makes me happy? It pains me more seeing you distance yourself from me.” The now crying Chaerin pulled the startled Jiyong by his collar and planted a kiss on his lips. A kiss full of love that Jiyong would never dare to forget.
Chaerin, surprised by her own action and receiving no response from Jiyong, pulled away and started walking towards the exit but then a warm hand turned her around and next thing she knew, his soft lips were on hers already. Though it took her a while to respond to his actions, everything went well afterwards.
---
On their way back to the apartment, Chaerin fell asleep in the cab with her head laid on Jiyong’s lap. He was staring at her beautiful face like there’s no tomorrow. Her eyes often full of charisma but softens at the sight of him. Her well-shaped nose, her puffy cheeks and lastly, her soft, thin lips that he had always wanted to kiss. He was then reminiscing the things that happened at the hospital when suddenly…

“Jingyo” she muttered.
“Hmmm?”
“Don’t ever leave me again… I love you.”
‘Wow, she’s dreaming about me.’”I won’t do that even though I’m already lying on my deathbed. I love you too silly. And I’m glad that someone’s calling me Jingyo again. I missed that nickname of yours.”
“Hey! I’m not dreaming. I’m fully conscious when I said that. And one more thing, JINGYO. JINGYO. JINGYO. I can call you that as many times as you want.”
Jiyong let out a small laugh. “This is probably the best get-well-soon gift ever.”
“Oh really? Okay, consider that as your gift, though I was really planning to give you a better one.”
“Eeehhh!? What is it? Tell me!”
“How can I give it to you when you’re hurt everywhere? You have to get better first before you receive it.” Chaerin smirked and went back to sleeping.

After a couple of minutes, Jiyong, who seemed to be thinking about the gift got excited and shouted… “A BABY?!?!”

-end-

A/N: It took us forever to finish this. Haha. Sorry for making you guys wait.Very Happy 
An open ending right? Chaerin’s gift? A baby? Who knows? That’s just Jiyong’s fantasies again. We’ll leave the rest to your imagination.

Thank you for reading!:D