002

730 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took another 365 days before Yujin could even entertain the idea of dating. Her friends thought she was insane, or rather, Sakura thought she is insane. She was the only friend Yujin had left by now, since all the "others" she had before, jumped ship to Minju's defense when things broke up between the two of them.

 

Despite it being so long since she last went out on a date with someone, Sakura saw this as a huge step forward and her worrying seemed to lessen. Perhaps she thought Minju had ruined Yujin and Yujin will grow old alone while taking care of her ten black cats. Maybe she thought Yujin had given up on romance, love, or life in general, and would just waste every single day away. Maybe she was glad to see Yujin back to her old self again.

 

But Yujin wasn't. She wasn't back to her old self, and she never would be. Minju had truly ruined her. The old Ahn Yujin fell insanely in love with a woman, willingly gave her big heart, her old soul, her well crafted dreams, her hopes, her past, and her bright future; and in return, that woman crumpled it like a ing scratch paper, set them all on fire and watched them burn. She would never be that woman again. She would never hand herself over stupidly like that.

 

The new and improved, Ahn Yujin was cold, stoic, distant, aloof and standoffish. It was for the best, and while it surely made it damn-near impossible for Yujin to find someone to go home with and warm her bed at the end of the night, she couldn't find herself to care. In fact, she was often relieved by it.

 

Being open to the idea of someone new never actually meant there had to be someone new. She said as much to Sakura when she asked one afternoon, wondering why she hadn't met any of Yujin's latest conquests.

 

Trying to appease her, knowing that she had that all too familiar sympathy look aimed at Yujin, she suggested the two of then went out for lunch the next day and Yujin would catch her up on everything going on with her.

 

"I can't, I have an appointment tomorrow, I've got a dress to fit," Sakura replied, not missing a beat. Yujin really didn't think much of it, at first.

 

"Ah, but what for?" Sakura's startled look was unfitting of the conversation she and Yujin were having, and Yujin frowned. "What is it? What's going on?"

 

"Yujinie.." Here it is, Yujin ing hated it when Sakura called and said her name like that. It meant one thing and one thing only.

 

Yujin knows she was going to hate the next words that’ll come out of Sakura's mouth.

 

Goosebumps all over her body before Sakura even opened , and Yujin could feel the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. Whatever it was, it scared the out of her. Something was off, and she knew, she has a feeling that Sakura was going to crush her all over again without meaning it to. 

 

"Minju, she's getting married."

 

"Huh!? She's what?" And with that, Yujin's brain short circuited, she couldn't work out the words Sakura had just uttered. She had to have heard her wrong.

 

"I ah… I should not have told you. I’m sorry. I didn't mean to-" she was quick to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter