Senorita pt 2

Sooshu shorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You slept with her?" 

"I did Yuqi, do you have a problem with that?" 

 

Shuhua hadn't gotten any sleep so far that night. Yuqi wasn't concerned with her sleep schedule - only finding out all about how her friend had just had a romantic night with the most wanted woman in their city. 

 

Yuqi paused in a rare moment of silence, pondering with a puzzled look adorning her face. 

"Do you know why her bounty is so high?" 

 

This made Shuhua think. 

 

A bounty of this magnitude meant Soojin had majorly pissed off some very important people - yet Shuhua had never once heard of her. 

 

"No." She answered honestly. 

Yuqi's reply came in a solemn tone, "She's assassinated twenty three businessmen this year."

 

-

 

The truth weighed heavy on her mind as she lay down in bed. 

 

An orange hue had begun to make its way through the curtains as the sun rose, but Shuhua still needed rest if she was to have a successful hunt. 

 

Soojin's bounty was the highest she'd ever seen, yet it was almost as if her name had been buried from the public view by someone powerful. 

 

"What secret are you hiding, Miss Seo?" She whispered as her eyes closed, lulling her off to sleep, those gorgeous eyes manifesting in her dreams. 

 

-

 

Trudging down the familiar alleyway, Shuhua tensed as the club's sign came into view. She had never explored here during the day, and the harsh sunlight made her feel like she was in a completely different place.

 

The usual shadowy doorways were illuminated, revealing the peeling paintwork and decaying posters plastered over the entrances. 

 

Shuhua pulled up to the club, giving her usual knock, listening for the signs that anyone had heard. Tense minutes passed, but no response came. 

" it." Shuhua muttered, taking a couple of steps backwards. She ran to the wall and pushed off with her foot. 

 

Reaching her arms out desperately, she just managed to cling to the steel balcony and pull herself up onto the walkway. 

 

The building's lone window stood open by millimeters, and she hooked her fingers until the frame, pulling it open until it was big enough for her to get in. 

 

She climbed through, finding herself in a part of the establishment she hadn't never visited. 

 

Rails of costumes lined up through the small room, organised into different colours. Her eyes subconsciously flickered to the red section, scanning the hangers for the clothes she'd taken Soojin out of just hours earlier. 

 

"Keep it in your pants Shuhua." She spoke, knocking herself out of her own distraction. 

 

Her fascination with Soojin was at an unhealthy level - even without considering the fact that the dancer was in fact a murderer. 

 

Shaking her head free of stray thoughts, she quickened her pace and headed through the door leading out of the wardrobe. 

 

The click of the handle opening was the only noise that filled the building, but as Shuhua slipped through the open doorway, the sound of a pistol coming off safety made her freeze. 

 

"Step no further ert." 

 

Shuhua rolled her eyes, turning towards the voice and rolling her eyes. 

"It's just me Minnie." 

The blonde woman dropped her gun immediately, sighing and placing a hand to her chest. " Shuhua, you scared me." 

Shuhua shrugged in reply, scanning the other occupants of the room quickly with her visor. 

"I'm looking for Soojin, any idea where she is?" 

 

Minnie laughed. 

 

"You had such a good night that you're back for more at only 9am?" the blonde smirked. Her teasing didn't last long though, as Shuhua swiped with her wrist, displaying the 'wanted' hologram in the centre of the room. 

"Unfortunately not." She sighed, finding the instant collective gasp amusing. "I'm here for work." 

 

"She left last night, saying she was going to stay at home." Another woman spoke up and Shuhua sighed - she'd hoped she could've wrapped this case up by the start of the afternoon but it was seeming less likely now. 

“Well if you see her, tell her I’m looking.” 

 

Shuhua stood to leave, stopping when she felt a hand grasp her own.

 

“Is Soojin in trouble Shuhua?” Minnie asked, piecing together the bounty hunter’s words and solemn expression.

“She’ll be okay.” Shuhua lied, freeing herself from the tight grip. She couldn’t put a burden like that on Minnie’s shoulders.

 

She slipped out the building the same way she came in, dropping down from the iron railings and landing with a muffled thud. "What now?" She spoke out loud, spinning around as if she'd see Soojin standing somewhere in the alleyway.

 

With a sigh, she trudged back down to the main street, flagging down a taxi before it could pass her. 

"Where to Ma'am?" the grey haired driver asked, voice gruff from age. 

Shuhua told him the address and flicked open her visor, scanning for any information on Soojin she could find, but there was nothing. 

 

"Dangerous part of town this is Miss." the driver warned, flashing a concerned gaze over to the passenger seat. "You know how to use that?" He commented tapping her thigh holster to gesture to her pistol. 

"Looks can be deceiving old man." She smiled back. 

 

Despite her youthful features, she'd graduated as a top cadet - dropping from the police as soon as her training was completed. Law enforcement had never been for her, but the best way to become a bounty hunter was to learn about the same people she'd be turning in. 

 

She exited the taxi into a tunnel, trudging through the damp walkway and wincing as the smell of putrid water hit her. It wasn't her first time here, but the unpleasant aroma had a way of worsening every time she visited. 

 

Shuhua noticed her destination on the right - a locked electric door. 

 

Leaning down towards the panel on the wall, a small grid manifested, scanning her retina. The screen lit up green as the door screeched open, revealing a cozy shop. 

 

"Good morning." Shuhua spoke, ducking through the small door and watching it slide shut behind her. 

"I was wondering when I'd be seeing you again." The shop keeper spoke with a cold expression, yet Shuhua knew she was secretly happy to see her. 

"It's good to see you Soyeon." She smiled, walking towards the desk and sliding her unlocked  phone across the table. 

 

"Pretty." Soyeon spoke softly, staring at Soojin's picture with consideration. "Doesn't look like the type to be getting herself involved with trouble." 

Shuhua sighed and nodded. "I thought so too, but here we are…" 

She waved her arms at the mess of wires and computer parts strewn onto the shelves carelessly. 

"Keep being cheeky Shu, I'll change your invoice to accommodate for you harassing staff."

 

Shuhua rolled her eyes. 

 

"I need her address." She requested. 

Soyeon nodded. "Her name?" 

"Seo Soojin." 

 

Soyeon's fast paced typing filled the new silence as she leaned close to her screen squinting at the bright display. Minutes passed with no words exchanged, and Shuhua grew apprehensive. 

 

"Is she there?" the bounty hunter asked, placing her hands on the desk and learning over to peer at the screen too. 

Soyeon sighed. "I have a picture, that's it." 

"I can't let this one slip away Soyeon, with her bounty I'd never need to work again." Shuhua pleaded. "If you can get her location I'll pay whatever you want." 

"I wouldn't extort you like that Shuhua. " She muttered, fingers grazing the keys once again.

 

"Your girl, she's an assassin?" 

Shuhua nodded. 

"Who is she killing?" Soyeon asked, pushing her chair backwards and reaching under her desk, pulling out a chunky box which she connected to her laptop hastily. 

"A lot of very wealthy people." Shuhua replied, reading out the list of names from her wrist holo. 

 

"Hold on." Soyeon froze at one of the names. "Repeat that last one?" She asked, jumping to her feet and pulling a bulky paper file from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter