Mirror pt 2

Sooshu shorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started with a phone call. 

 

Soojin kept her promise to Shuhua - they called every day, no matter how busy Soojin was. 

 

The singer would call between TV appearances for a few minutes, but it was enough. 

 

Shuhua would wake up, when Soojin had been particularly busy and their call short, to find lavish flowers on her doorstep, expensive clothes - even her favourite foods. 

 

These gestures became more frequent, as Soojin prepared for her solo debut. 

 

Shuhua felt like her heart was melting each time she examined the thoughtful gifts, but it had to stop. 

 

Shuhua was running out of places to put the flowers. 

 

"Jin Jin." She said sternly into the phone. 

"Are you okay Shu?" 

"You've got to stop this! I can't fit anymore bouquets in my house! I can't get to my closet anymore because there's so many." 

 

Soojin took a while to reply. 

 

"You don't like them?..." She mumbled anxiously. 

"I love them… It's just I'd need a bigger house to fit anymore!" 

"I can get you one." Soojin respected, sounding suitably less stressed now. 

"A new what?" 

"House." 

 

Shuhua's mouth dropped open. 

 

"Jin…." She pleaded. "You don't need to spend so much money on me! I know you love me, that's enough." 

 

Soojin sighed. 

 

"Are you sure?" 

"I am babe, I know you're busy at the moment but I'll be here waiting for you to get back okay?" 

"Okay." Soojin replied, smiling into the call. "I have to go Shu, I love you." 

 

The call ended and Shuhua sighed, trying to figure out the best way to get to the fridge to avoid the 12 vases strewn on the floor. 

 

-

 

The following day, Shuhua didn't receive a phone call. Nor the day after that. On the third day, Shuhua dialed first, but it was straight to voicemail. 

 

Now, she began to worry. Had her requests for less gifts upset Soojin? Was this a repeat of the previous year? 

 

Well her answer arrived, in the form of a little yellow envelope on her doormat. 'Shu Shu' was written neatly on the front in looped handwriting. 

 

She sat on her sofa, hastily ripping open the paper and removing the contents. 

 

"Shuhua," She read aloud. "I'm sorry I haven't called, I've been so busy with debut stuff… I hope this can make up for it. I love you." 

 

She gasped. 

 

Enclosed with the letter was a plane ticket. 

 

Taipei to Seoul, first class - valid for the following day. 

 

-

 

Soojin waited nervously at the airport. She had a mask and cap covering her face, anxiously looking around to see if anyone had recognised her. 

 

She hadn't told her company where she was, they'd never allow her to leave if they knew. She was meant to be resting for her debut to be released at the weekend but she knew she had to prioritise Shuhua for once. 

 

What if Shuhua didn't get the ticket? The thought crossed her mind, leaving her pacing in front of the arrivals board. 

 

Taipei - flight 9157, arrived, the screen read, and low and behold the passengers came walking out of the sliding doors, suitcases in tow. 

 

Her eyes scanned every face in that crowd looking for the one, but she was nowhere to be seen. Her breathing got slightly faster as she watched the last few people leave, dread settling in her stomach. 

 

20 minutes passed… 

 

People were watching her concerned now, as she began to cry quietly, sinking down into a ball on the floor. 

 

She leaned back against the dirty wall, wiping her tears away to the sound of the last few cases rolling away. 

 

"I'm glad you enjoyed the flight Miss, we've enjoyed serving you today. Do you know where to go from here?" A kind female voice sounded nearby. 

"I have no idea!" came the reply. "I just got sent a ticket and got on the plane…" 

 

Soojin bolted to her feet, searching for the voice. 

 

There, coming through the arrival doors was Shuhua. She adorned an overly large backpack for her small body, as she smiled happily to the stewardess. She was thanking and bowing to the captain next, and oh god she looked beautiful. 

 

Soojin didn't seem to have control of her actions as she screamed her girlfriend's name, sprinting towards her, arms outstretched. 

 

She barreled into a stunned Shuhua, sending them both skidding across the floor. 

 

She laughed as her teary eyes locked onto the Taiwanese girl's from above her. She ripped off her mask and melted into her, kissing her softly. 

 

Shuhua pulled away, grinning and wrapping her in a crushing hug. 

 

"My Jin Jin…" she muttered, voice muffled by Soojin's shoulder which she had buried herself in. 

 

They stood, clinging onto each other blissfully, unaware of the entire airport staring silently. 

 

Soojin was knocked out of her trance by a gasp. Her cap had fallen off as they had fallen, and everyone was staring directly at her. 

 

Regardless, she couldn't stop smiling - she held Shuhua's hand tight, leading her running out of the arrivals hall and flagging down a taxi hastily, laughing happily all the way. 

 

-

 

Shuhua barely had time to process what was happening, before she was pressed against Soojin's apartment door, into as the Korean's hands explored her clothed body. 

 

"Jin Jin…" She gasped, trying to slow the other woman down. Soojin took this break of contact to move her lips to Shuhua's neck. 

"Mmhmm?" She growled her reply ily and Shuhua's heart did backflips. The nips to her collarbone grew harder and she groaned as she pushed Soojin away from her. Soojin ceased immediately, raising her eyebrow at Shuhua. 

"Shouldn't you buy me dinner first?" 

Soojin rolled her eyes, pulling Shuhua to her bed. 

 

-

 

It was 4am. The pair lay wrapped in each other's embrace, not quite believing that this wasn't a dream. 

 

"Why am I here Jin Jin?" Shuhua a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter