Sour candy

Sooshu shorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of semester party was always what got Soojin through the mountains of essays and exams that university had to offer. 

 

Being a law major took its toll. 

 

"When was the last time you came out with us anyway Soojin?" asked Soyeon.

 

Soojin raked her brain to try and answer the musician, realising it'd been weeks since she'd even interacted with anyone. 

 

"Exactly!" exclaimed the third of the group, Yuqi. "We've missed you Soojin." 

 

Soojin smiled at the affection of her friends but carried the conversation onwards. 

 

"What's the theme then Soyeon?" She asked curiously. Usually the party theme was elusive amongst the whole university in the run up to Soyeon's gatherings, but the hopeful Laywer hadn't hear anything due to her tendency to bury herself in work. 

 

"Your major…" Soyeon started, grinning. 

"But…?"

"Your major…" Yuqi repeated, cunning smile stretching over her lips as she locked eyes with Soyeon. "But y." 

 

"I've got to be a y Laywer?" Soojin groaned, rolling her eyes. "Where am I supposed to find an outfit for that?" 

Her friends' smiles grew. 

"We've already got it for you." Yuqi said nonchalantly, trying to sound casual - failing completely. 

 

Soyeon opened her bag, pulling out a skimpy blue dress, handcuffs and a police hat. 

 

"No." Soojin spat, face devoid of expression. "That is an insult to my intelligence! I'm not going to be a y police woman! I'm training to be a Laywer not some Government puppet!" 

"But it's like you said…" Yuqi groaned, "we could hardly find you a y Laywer outfit. Everyone would just assume you wanted to be an office worker - which is arguably more insulting to your intelligence." 

 

Yuqi did have a point… 

 

"What are you guys wearing then?" 

"Well there's hardly a good y translator aesthetic, so I'm going with teacher." Yuqi smiled. 

"And you?" Soojin raised her brow at Soyeon. 

"Pff, I don't need a costume. I'm always y." 

 

As night arrived, Soojin pulled herself into her figure hugging dress, staring to let the idea grow on her as she checked out her in the mirror. 

 

After some dark, dramatic makeup and favorite red lipstick, she was ready. She knocked in Yuqi's door, twirling her baton around her fingers and smirking when her friend opened the door. 

 

"Soojin… Oh my god." Yuqi gaped. "You look hot."

"Not so bad yourself." Soojin winked, admiring Yuqi's pencil skirt and white blouse. A pair of round glasses framed her face to finish the look. 

"Ready to head to the party, Miss?" 

"Yes Officer." 

 

Soyeon's modestly sized apartment was decorated head to toe with speakers and beaming lights when they arrived. They spotted their friend in front of the DJ, bopping contently to the music. 

 

"Hey guys! You made it." She smiled, shouting over the booming bassline. 

"Did we have a choice?" Yuqi joked, grabbing Soyeon's bottle from her hands and taking a swig. Soojin followed along feeling burn with the sharp taste of liquor. 

 

After getting their own drinks, the pair mingled amongst their college mates, and eventually getting into an intense game of beer pong. 

 

Soojin's head was feeling suitably calmed as she drank her cup in one. 

 

The apartment became more crowded as the night progressed, until it became difficult to transverse across the room. Soojin found this out personally, when she started to head back after refilling her cup with some ungodly mix of alcohol. 

 

She just spotted Yuqi waving, but before she could reach her friend, a small figure knocked her hand and sent the contents of her cup spilling over her legs and black heeled boots. 

 

Soojin's smile was swept from her face, and her usual cold deadpan look landed on the culprit. In front of her was a young woman - couldn't have been older than a freshman. Her long black hair was obscuring her face as she looked down at the mess, before tilting her head up sheepishly to lock eyes with Soojin. 

 

She laughed nervously brushing her hair back to reveal her beautiful features and speaking in a soft but mischievous voice. 

"I'm so sorry…" She began, smile growing. "I've been very bad Officer, you should arrest me." 

 

Soojin's mouth dropped open. 

 

The confidence on this… This INFANT! 

 

She didn't respond, only turned angrily and made her way into the bathroom. She wiped at her ruined shoes with a towel hopelessly, letting out a groan and sitting herself on the sink in dismay. 

 

However, problems for Soojin had only just started.

 

To her astonishment, the door opened, and there stood the younger woman again. 

 

Soojin's glare met defiant, devilish brown eyes. 

 

"Excuse me Ma'am?" she asked. 

Soojin remained silent. 

"I've been driving without a licence."

Soojin's glare became quizzical. "Driving?" She replied. 

"Driving you crazy Officer." 

"Please leave." 

 

The following hour seemed to turn into a game for the younger woman. 

 

Wherever Soojin was, so was sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter