Chapter

Broken Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's hands were sweating after the end of the oath, all of her guests had gone to the ballroom that was prepared to receive them and she had gone back to the meeting room.  She was shaking a little, she was nervous, she couldn't deny it, but who wouldn't be?  Her coronation was a unique moment.  But she had succeeded ... Now she was the queen of Lune.  Even from the corner of her eye she could see the kings distilling their poison as she entered the hall, but knowing that they would have to accept it was enough.

In a few minutes she would have to come back and greet everyone that were waiting for her. Even though it was a party she would have to remain attentiveto not make any mistakes.

Moonbyul walks up to the wall in front of her and looks at the painting that is there, her eight years old self, her mother and father.

- I made it mommy.  I went through it all but I made it, and I promise you that I will be a good queen and I will always honor your name.

Queen Hyena had died in childbirth, the son the king wanted so much took her mother and also did not survive.  Her father's obsession made her grow up without a mother.

It was time to go to the salon and make her first speech.

Moonbyul makes a short speech but not leaving her acid humor aside, giving a slight pinprick to the kings present.  Perhaps they also noticed that since none of them approached her after the speech, but the nobles who were talking to her were friendly and spoke comforting words about the loss of her father and also about her future reign.  Of course, many just wanted to be in Moonbyul's good graces in case they needed future favors but most seemed to be sincere.

The circle in which she was surrounded begins to open and she notices that Queen Sunmi approaches with another queen at her side, a few seconds pass before Moonbyul realizes who it was.  It was Solar.  She had barely been able to recognize her old friend, her hair, once blond, was now black as night, she also wore black from head to toe, having highlighted only her silver crown.  Moonbyul knew that a few seconds had passed but it looked like she was staring at Solar for hours, something inside her was stirring.

The Queen of Astre was the first to speak to her, which made Byul manage to return to her senses, she tried her best to ignore Solar while Sunmi spoke.  She should be the only monarch that Moonbyul really liked.  Her father was very close to the late King of Astre and so she had the chance to learn a lot from the queen that always had good intention to help.

Soon she was presented Solar, who gave her a smile, Moonbyul's felt a chill in her belly.

“Of course, I'm in front of the privileged one, I can only feel nauseous” She thought.  But it was also impossible not to see Solar's beauty, it made sense that the old kings liked her so much.

They had a short and hard conversation when Moonbyul said something that she believed she would regret soon, but she did not falter, while Solar was paralyzed she headed towards other people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter