Chapter

Broken Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar was arriving in the kingdom of Lune and how long since she had set foot in that place? 13, 15 years? She had memories of her friend Moonbyul, a smart and funny girl, but what she had heard in the past few years did not live up to that memory. Solar does understand what it's like to harden because of the charges and the weight that came with the crown, but she hoped she could help Moonbyul, at least a bit, since she had decided to spend a few nights in Lune before returning to Soleil.

It was summer and Soleil was extremely hot, which made Solar want to spend a few days in a milder place and Lune was perfect for that with its rivers and lakes, more memories of the kingdom and the time he spent there were activated while she thought. Moonbyul and her used to play in these lakes, the girls used to wear long dresses and ended up soaked and full of mud while their maids went crazy saying that princesses should behave better and shouldn't get so dirty. In fact, Lune's memories are sweet, there she lived her last childhood moments before starting her training for the throne.

Soon she feels her conduction stop and realizes that she is in front of the castle, Taemin opens her door and she steps down holding his hand.

- Can we, Queen Solar? - he asks gently

- Sure Tae.

Taemin was Solar's advisor and also his best friend, he was the son of a nobleman who had long since lost all his wealth and Solar's father, King Kwan, sheltered them in the lands of the kingdom, giving work and a home.

- Are you looking forward to seeing your friend again? - He speaks as they pass through the castle gate

- Yes ... Despite what the others says. I'm sure it's just gossip, I hope she likes to see me too.

Upon entering the throne room, where the coronation would be, Solar soon spotted all the kings and queens huddled talking animatedly about something.

- Good afternoon - said bowing slightly in front of the monarchs

- Ah queen Solar, how nice to see you again, my dear - it was Queen Sunmi who spoke first. She was the regent queen of the kingdom of Astre, her husband had died drastically a year ago and the couple's son, little prince Jong, was only 5 years old.

- Good to see you queen Sunmi too. How's the little prince?

- Ah Jong grows well and healthy. As soon as he completes his 6 years of life he will begin to undergo his training to take over Astre. I hope he is as obedient and dedicated to the kingdom as you, Solar. - Sunmi took her hand and patted it gently.

- That Moonbyul, I doubt she'll be a good queen. How a woman who hasn't heard her onw father will hear the problems of an entire kingdom? Poor Moonsoo, he did everything to get his daughter married before he died ... He won't be able to rest in peace. - one of the kings meddled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter