New Routines

Falling You

She has been released from the hospital for almost two months now. Just one month ago, her parents parted with her in the airport for their return to Toronto, quite tearily. It was indeed fortunate and unfortunate for them to be with her in Korea while she endured such a serious injury. It had been their sincere hope that she would follow them back to Toronto before her next possible schedule. But she was set to stay in Korea because of a couple of reasons. Well, more like person(s).

Not resumed to work yet and still under recovery, she had opted to stay in her cousin’s apartment. She couldn’t really stay in the dormitory while her members engaged in their individual schedules. To be honest, she would have been so very jealous and restless for her idleness compared with the members. Moreover, her cousin’s medical background could benefit her recovery at home and so it was set, as reluctantly agreed by her family.

Her members, on the other hand, were very supportive of the idea of her staying away from the dormitory until her resume to work. According to Joy and Seulgi, her motherly nature would only keep her busy at the dorm with chores and forbid her from actual rest which is required for a full recovery. “We don’t want to see you sulking at home and be pitiful about yourself while we are in and out from time to time for our schedule,” Irene joked and added, “and you know we would blame ourselves if things happen to you while we are out. It is all for the best.” The members especially Yeri would come to her cousin’s apartment to keep her company as much as they can. Yeri brought her younger sisters for few times so they can play some board games and Wii together.

While her cousin was at work as usual, she owned the apartment to herself and she got little to do here. Her cousin was a very capable lady that had made sure she’s well taken care of and derived her from all the possible house chores. Baking, cooking and cleaning are definitely out of the picture as her cousin hired maid and only got limited kitchen gadgets in her apartment. She had been searching what she can do with eggs and microwave and gave up noticing the very limited possibility. So reading, listening to music and drama are her routines now, along with a more frequent visitor.

His mom was pleased to find both her children interested in learning home cooking. Yura was a new wife and was eager to please her in-laws with new dishes. But seeing him taking notes together with his sister was such an adorable surprise. She wondered what had motivated him and thought even his taste buds had grown up too.

He had always preferred fried and oven-baked western dishes since he was a kid. He enjoyed cooking especially Marconi & Cheese, pizzas and pastry. But for the past few months, traditional Korean dishes became his new found interests. He consistently asked for tips from his mom and his next-Michelin-to-be member about cooking health boosting dishes, like soups and stews.

Mrs. Park had been trying to make him take some soups since his debut. But he was too lazy to do so. Apparently it entailed unnecessary dish washing and it was such an unmanly thing to do in front of s. For the past month, she noticed that he would take back some of the dishes in a Tupperware to his dormitory too, which he had never done so before. She now made sure she cooked extra whenever he is back home for dinner. And always prepared clean Tupperware for his use. Yura complained why she didn’t get the same special treatment. Mrs. Park just said you can’t cheat in front of your in-laws.

Kyungsoo, knowing the reason behind, was happy to share and even discover new recipes for him. In the days when both Kyungsoo and him were without schedule, the kitchen in the dormitory would be a cooking class venue. This part of the dormitory was used to be only Kyungsoo’s territory but now he had been accompanying Kyungsoo and very often acted as an apprentice and a steward. His reward would be able to sneak out a dish here and there (thanks to the discretion of Kyungsoo) without causing much alarm to his other members.

He had collected one soup from home last night, one dish from Kyungsoo and one dish from his sole efforts this morning. They are carefully packed in Tupperware and Thermos sitting on his passenger seat while he was driving out from his garage and heading to a place like every two other days in the week.