Chapter 5

I don't like you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho buys ice cream for the whole group. Jaejoong can’t stop beaming throughout the whole check-out process. He grins widely at Yunho and Yunho offers him a small smile. He feels ecstatic seeing Jaejoong smile so brightly and that he is the reason for the smile.

“Here have it,” Yunho says as he offers one to Jaejoong.

“No, I’ll eat it at home.”

“Are you sure? It might melt.”

“We’ll just have to run back home then.” Jaejoong chuckles as he starts running looking back at Yunho signaling him to pick up his pace.

Changmin, utterly impatient has already gone through the groceries they had bought earlier and cooked some ramen. He seems elated to eat something sweet after the spicy noodles. Yunho gives the remaining ice creams to Yoochun and Junsu who are lying in their rooms.

He goes to his room to see Jaejoong eating his ice cream on the balcony. He is fiddling with his phone so Yunho suspects that he is waiting for a call. He quietly gazes at the figure on the balcony, a bit upset as he had thought Jaejoong would want his company but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore so he softly sits on his bed and unwraps his icecream.

The sound alerts Jaejoong of Yunho’s presence in their room as he swiftly darts his eyes to the other.

“Yunho! Why don’t you come here? I was waiting for you.” Jaejoong looks at him with a perplexed expression.

“Oh, I thought you were expecting a call.”

“Nah.” Jaejoong offers him a wide smile with his hand beckoning Yunho to come near.

Yunho doesn’t say anything but walks towards him. Jaejoong seems to be in a good mood. He is all smiles. And Yunho loves that. He is leaning against the railing quietly observing the cars passing by. The streetlight brightly shines illuminating his face. Yunho is just in awe of how good he looks. He is not jealous of how good looking Jaejoong is.

He observes and admires the older’s beauty. Jaejoong is surely going to be the visual member of the team. He is filled with a sense of pride when he realizes Jaejoong is not only going to be the visual member of the team but probably of the whole industry itself as no other group has a member as good looking as Jaejoong.

“Is there something on my face? Or am I just so handsome that you couldn’t stop staring?” Jaejoong chuckles at Yunho who looks like a deer caught in headlights. , Yunho had not realized that he had been staring so obviously. He looks up, shocked. Jaejoong looks calmly back at him, a small smile on his lips, gaze weighty.

“No- no I was not staring,” Yunho says with all seriousness he can muster. Yunho laments about his awkwardness.

“I'm sorry, but this is hilarious.” Jaejoong sighs happily. “I should have recorded this. You should have seen the look on your face.” Jaejoong smirks and Yunho knows that he is failing to keep the heat off his cheeks. He knows he has to do something to counter but ends up doing the unexpected.

“You do have ice cream on your lips.” He says as he cups his hand around Jaejoong’s jaw and rubs his thumb against Jaejoong’s lower lip while gazing at the other. That completely bewilders Jaejoong whose smirk falls right off his face and he suddenly can't even look at Yunho directly.

“Oh! Thanks- thank you.” Jaejoong tilts his head a little, smiles, and brings his attention back to his ice cream.

Jaejoong’s cheeks redden and he coughs to resolve the weird tension building in the room. Yunho grins at how cute Jaejoong seems with his cheeks all red. He just wanted to tease Jaejoong as he had but this had a much bigger impact on Jaejoong than Yunho had expected. Usually, Yunho was the one who would be a sputtering mess in front of the other but to see Jaejoong be just as affected makes him laugh.

Yunho is pleased with how much he has improved in talking with Jaejoong. From running away when he saw the other to actually teasing him, Yunho has come a long way. He feels that he could even be great friends with the other. He wishes to know more about him and is even willing to answer the questions Jaejoong throws at him. It was something that Yunho was avoiding in the beginning but now his need to know more about Jaejoong exceeds his need to run away and also he feels much more comfortable with Jaejoong.

“I should not be eating this.” Jaejoong breaks him out of his thoughts.

“Huh?” Yunho looks at him expecting him to continue.

“I am supposed to be on a diet. The management said I need to lose a few kilos more.”

“They don’t know any better. You don’t need to lose any weight. You look very beautiful- I mean handsome just as you are.” Yunho interrupts impulsively.

“Thank you, Yunho!” Jaejoong says looking at him shyly.

Yunho is perplexed because he was a teacher’s pet more like the management’s pet in this situation. He would always listen to them, no matter how ridiculous their requests were. He remembers during Boa’s performance in Tokyo he was asked to lose 5 kgs in a week which he did without any second thought even when he was only a backup dancer in his best shape already at that time. But now he suddenly felt that the management was wrong.

“Yunho should we go in?” Jaejoong looks at him with a note of uncertainty as if afraid to break him out of his thoughts.

“I mean now that we have finished our ice creams, we can go in.” Yunho looks down at the ice cream stick he is holding. He was so lost in his thoughts that he does not even remember eating it. Yunho gives Jaejoong a quick nod and they go in.

 

 

 

Jaejoong has already belly-flopped on his bed when he realizes that he hasn’t taken a bath yet. He sits up with a loud groan but goes for a bath while Yunho lays on his bed. He starts thinking about their debut which seems closer and closer. He does not feel ready. As a leader and as he has been a trainee for a longer time, he feels much more responsible than the other members. Yunho not only has to make sure that he is ready but that all members are ready as well. s and his friends look at him with such expectations that Yunho is scared of whether he will be capable of fulfilling them all.

Yunho is extremely keen to go on the stage but his perfectionism gives him second thoughts. No matter how much people around him praise him and no matter how hard he practices he still feels he has a lot more to improve. He wants to present his best self on the stage and help the members present their best selves as well.

Yunho does not realize how deep he is in his thoughts when he sees Jaejoong hovering over him shaking his hand in front of his face.

“Hello! Ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter