Truth

Greed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as promised, Jungkook returned the next day at the usual time.

“Jungkook! You’re finally here.” Rose grinned from ear to ear.

He felt his cheeks burn upon seeing her cheeriness. She has a pretty smile. Quickly, he turned away and tried playing it off. “Well, you were the one who told me to come.”

He plopped down on the grass, crossing his legs. “I’m actually interested in your explanation from yesterday.” He raised an eyebrow and looked her up and down. He could make a few guesses.

She rubbed the nape of her neck, “Oh? I would have thought you had figured it out by now…” Her voice trailed off. She had actually hoped that he would have figured it out. She really didn't like divulging this kind of information to people. It made her feel weird. Although, the other side of her is glad that he hadn't figured it out. It meant that he still viewed her as a normal person. 0

He leaned back into the grass, “Well I came up with a few guesses, you wanna hear?”

She nodded, eager to hear his answers.

“Well, when we met you said this place had a protection barrier right?” He asked and she quickly nodded. “Protection barriers only come if you’re some kind of priestess…right?”

Again, she nodded.

“Then, the answer is simple. You are an apprentice, and this is where you study! Your master must have stopped by and you might have gotten in trouble for having an outsider! Is that right?” His eyes glittered with excitement.

She giggled, “Almost, but still wrong.”

“Dang! I thought for sure that was the answer!” He narrowed his eyes and rested his chin between his index finger and thumb. “I have another guess! We’ll keep the priestess idea.” Without thinking about it, he scooted closer to her.

“So, you’re not an apprentice but you are actually a priestess. You work for palace, which means outsiders are not allowed here.” He finished this theory and waited for her answer.

She couldn’t help but laugh at his innocence as he theorized. “Technically you aren’t wrong. I am a priestess and I guess I do work for the palace...”

He leaned towards her, “But what’s missing to the theory?”

She bit her lower lip and looked down. “You promise you won’t treat me any differently?” He quickly nodded.

“I’m the – um – princess.” She peeked up to get a look at his expression.

Of all the theories he had come up with, he could not have imagined that this whole time he had been spending time with the princess of the land.

He gulped down, trying to process this information.

Sensing his silence, Rose spoke up again. “You’re more shocked than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter