Duty

Greed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every once in a while, Jungkook checked on the wound to make sure it hadn’t gotten infected. He sighed with relief, The wound seemed like it was no big deal. He wiped off the sweat from his forehead as he continued tending the flowers. It’s been a while since I’ve done this. He thought to himself, pulling a few weeds out of the ground.

Rose stared at the peculiar boy and couldn’t help but notice the sadness that loomed over him. He would smile, but his eyes wouldn’t. It was only occasionally when she felt his happiness was genuine.

She couldn’t really put her finger on it, but there was something off about this boy. He stumbled into her garden with ease, so she knew he posed no real danger to her. 

The sound of running caught her ear. She bolted up and squinted her eyes to see what was coming. Suddenly she saw the knights coming their way. Her eyes widened and she turned to Jungkook.

“You must leave at once!! Go!!” She ran over to him, pushing him as hard as she could. She looked back and saw the knights but luckily some trees would block their view of her friend.

“Wh-why?” Jungkook asked, trying to resist the pushing.

Rose turned him around and locked eyes with him. “I really can’t explain right now. Come tomorrow!” She then proceeded to push him until he finally ran off of his own accord.

Letting out a deep breath. She regained her composure and prayed to the gods that no one had seen him.

“Princess, are you alright? I could have sworn I saw someone else.”

“Chanyeol, I am alright.” She answered sternly, removing his hands from her shoulders. He shook his head slowly, leaned his weight on his right foot, and placed his hand on his hips.

“Princess, as I have told you countless times before, you cannot call me by my name. We are not children anymore, people will talk.” He tried making himself seem as tough as possible, but Rose wasn’t having it.

She raised an eyebrow and copied his stance. “I think people will talk more if you speak to me like that!” She quickly retorted.

Chanyeol couldn’t contain his laughter after hearing the seriousness in her voice. “Hahaha, okay you win princess.”

She sent him a hard glare, letting out a sigh. “Whatever. Why do you need me?”

He facepalmed himself, “Oh ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter