Yellow Rose

Greed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm,” Rosé hummed to the tune of a beloved nursery rhyme as she picked flowers from the royal garden. It was the only place outside the castle walls she could be without being followed by knights. This particular garden had a protection barrier, one that could keep any kind of evil out. Of course, being the princess, the knights had a royal duty to her but that didn’t erase the fact that she hated being followed.

Taking a look at her full basket, she grinned in satisfaction as there was enough to make a bouquet for her ill mother. That should do.

“Yah, this is my garden.” Jungkook grumbled, seeing the new comer as a hindrance. It was small moments like these where his other half would kick in.

The unfamiliar voice caught her off-guard and she jumped at the sound. She turned around and her childlike eyes sparkled at the sight of someone new. He was tall with messy hair. His clothes needed some work too as they were ripped from the ends.

 “What’s your name?!” Her cheeks flushed into a bright pink as she ran up to him with her hands gripping onto her basket. The flowers rustled but sustained little damage from the movement.

Her reaction flipped a switch inside him. The feelings of annoyance melted a little by her warm smile. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, confused by her reaction. Normally if there was a stranger inside their garden, their first reaction would be to scream or call the knights. “Haven’t your parents told you about stranger danger?” He asked, giving her a disgusted look as he backed away. She was practically emitting excitement and it was a little too much for him.

As clueless as she may be, stupid she was not. She paused, thinking about his suggestion but eventually smiled. “Yeah, but you got through the barrier for a reason right??”

He had already felt taken aback by her surety but her bright and cheery smile made it even more difficult for him to go through with his plan. There was no lie and no doubt in her words that it almost scared him. Hm, this might be a problem for my business... He rolled his eyes at the thought. He looked down at the girl, who seemed to be of age. “Who are you?” he asked, much more curious now than he had been before.

She folded her arms, still holding her basket in one hand, “I asked you first!”

“Yeah but from the looks of it I’m older so you have to answer my question first!" He retorted, raising his voice a little.

She seemed to be in a stupor of thought, but soon enough held out her hand, “I’m Rosé, pr-” Her voice stopped midsentence; somehow, she felt the urge to leave the ‘princess’ part out. Every time the word was mentioned, she felt like it chipped away at her real name. It was like she was only the princess and not Rosé.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter