The Moment of Realization

Midnight Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The streaming sunlight wakes Xueer up in the early morning. She tries to turn around, still half-asleep, when she finds herself unable to do so. She looks down to see why she’s trapped and sees a body firmly pressed into hers. An arm securely draped over her stomach and short hair nuzzling the crook of her neck.

It's probably the first time in these last few days that she sees the other girl somewhat fully at peace. And she’s definitely not going to ruin that brief moment of happiness and contentment for her.

School will just have to miss her for another day. And since the redhead’s determined to be there for the badass starting now, they'll have to miss her too. She glances back at her and revels the angelic sight that the daybreak with it brings. The ethereal rays of sunshine falls softly on Jiaqi’s battered cheek and exposed shoulder, almost making Xueer forget about the sorrow she had to undergo.

She doesn't want to wake her up, but the urge to touch her is too great, so she gently lifts her hand and starts black short hair ever so gently. She stops abruptly when she feels the other woman stir a little, afraid that she had woken her up. But instead of waking up, the badass nestles her head into her even more and lets out a barely audible sigh. Xueer protectively places her arm around her waist and lets herself drift back into a blissful sleep.

"Kong Xueer? Xueer, wake up." The redhead hears her name in a whisper while an arm gently nudges her out of sleep.

Xueer. It's only the second time Jiaqi has called her by her name and it grants the cheerleader an odd form of satisfaction. She was getting accustomed to hearing her call her Princess all the time, so she’s happy for the change of pace.

"Ugh, Princesses have to wake up too you know." The taller hisses annoyed.

Guess I spoke too soon.

"I'm up, I'm up." Xueer assures her while fluttering her honey sleepy eyes open.

"We're late." She whines aggravated, burying her hand into her messy hair.

"I know."

"So, why don't you wake up and get ready?" Jiaqi asks slightly confused.

"Because, we're ditching." The redhead answers shrugging indifferently and confusing the badass even more than she was already.

"You ditch?"

"Duh."

"You? Princess? You ditch?" She asks again, and this time with a cocked eyebrow.

"Okay, so I'm not a ditch-expert. But once, I was supposedly 'sick' and didn't went to school and instead of staying in bed I went to the mall." Xueer explains whilst grinning proudly.

Jiaqi keeps shut and keeps staring at her disbelievingly and showing how much she doesn't believe a word she says.

"Fine, actually it was more the 7/11 around the corner. I was scared as hell I would get caught, so I was back in like 5 minutes." She finally admits embarrassed.

"I knew you weren't a ditcher." A smirk appears victoriously on the short haired girl’s face.

"Look, I woke up earlier and you were sort of halfway on top of me and I didn't really wanted to wake you up, so I just went back to sleep." Xueer explains her.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I… I have no idea what I do in my sleep." She says hesitantly.

"No biggie." Not wanting the other girl to think that she had made some sort of big sacrifice, she shrugs, because indeed it was the other way around; a favour.

"What about your parents?" Jiaqi asks.

"What about them?"

"Are they cool with this?"

"Hell no. But they're like never home anyway. I mean they leave for work at the crack of dawn and they come back quite late. My dad's always trying to 'save the world' by helping out one troubled teenager after the other. And mom, just literally tries to save their lives. They're so caught up in their world that I barely get to see them." The redhead clarifies while getting up from the bed.

"Are you okay with that?" She asks while fidgeting with the end of the sheet.

"Yeah, I mean I'd like to see them more and all but I know they love me. You know, they could be around all the time but if they don't really love me, what's the use? And we have like one Saturday in the month that we do some embarrassing family-stuff like bowling in hideous shoes at the local alley. So yeah, it's not easy but it could be worse."

"Yeah." The answer is short and meekly and the cheerleader sees from the corner of her eyes how the badass lowers her eyes to her lap.

I'm just a champion when it comes to ruining the mood, aren't I?

"Um… I'll go and fix us some breakfast." Xueer exclaims changing the subject quickly.

"You make breakfast?" The mood changes again and this time, Jiaqi has another of her signature smirks plastered on her lips. The redhead finds it amusing, how she can change her mood this fast. But she thinks she prefers her like this; happy and flirting.

"If pouring cereal and milk in a bowl is considered as fixing breakfast, then yes I can." She answers in mock sincerity and hears her guest laugh quietly but showing her perfect white teeth.

"Awesome, that sounds good."

"Alright-y then. Bathroom is across the hall and I got some fresh comfy clothes in my closet if you want to change. Don't worry, it's not all pink and baby blue." Xueer assures her jokingly.

"Thanks, I'll be down in a second."

While Jiaqi stays and goes to the bathroom, Xueer heads downstairs and quickly prepares them some breakfast. She takes a seat at the table and silently awaits her to come down. And if someone, anyone, had told her a month ago that she would be waiting for Xu Jiaqi to have breakfast with her at her place after sleeping in the same bed together no less, she would've declared that someone a right-out nutcase. But here it is… happening anyway.

And it wasn't just that. Xueer was gradually starting to form some sort of… thing.

When Jiaqi kissed her, and she knows she kissed her no matter how much the badass denies it, she thought that she only felt that way because it was such a rush. It was wrong, but it felt so right. Perfect Xueer, Princess Xueer, Head-cheerleader Xueer, Queen Bee Xueer, was heavily making out and thoroughly enjoying every second of it, with Badass Jiaqi, Jiaqi, Poor Jiaqi, Lonely Jiaqi and last but not least Outcast Jiaqi. Everything that screamed that this Jiaqi was under no circumstances right for Xueer.

It was oh so wrong, but it felt so damn good. And the redhead played it down to the rush. The adrenaline. The fact that she could get caught in a compromising position wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter