The End of 2KIM

Episodes of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Yujin's POV -
"Why didn't you tell me about uh.. M-minjoo?" I asked Yena, who couldn't decide which pizza flavour to eat first between chicken ranch and pepperoni. It took her more than a minute before her hand reached for the fried chicken box.

"I can't decide," she giggled. "What were you saying, baby?"

"You didn't tell me that she won the Daesang."

"Weally? I dishnt?" She replied while munching on the drumstick which she immediately regretted. I immediately handed her the soft drink when she started coughing. I knew this was going to happen.

"Unnie, you're disgusting."

These moments aren't unusual for us. I always have to make sure my clumsy manager isn't endangering her life because of her own actions. I shook my head as I wonder if she really is the older one between us, a question many would want to know the answer too.

Yena sipped on the cola. She cleared for the last time to make sure that nothing is left anymore, "Well, I thought we considered her a taboo subject already since you never asked about her."

True enough, this was the first time I asked her regarding Minjoo in months-- possibly years. Like what other exes do, and should do, I control myself to not be curious about how her life is without me. It won't benefit me anyway.

"What will you do anyway if you knew? Congratulate her? Hug her? Baby, you don't even have the courage to ask for her number," Yena teased.

I raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think I don't have her contact information?"

She leaned her face closer. "Do you?"

I immediately diverted my attention to the program playing on the TV but oh god, how nice it must be to have the ability to undo your stupid actions.

"Hey, it's your ex with her lover! Pfft," Yena snickered. She tried to grab the remote control from the glass table but as the more athletic one between us, I was able to get it first. 

"Ya, ya! I want to watch that!" She screamed while I was busy switching the channels in hopes to find a program that's entertaining and, most importantly, doesn't include the two faces I want to avoid.

We both flinched when her phone rang and vibrated loudly from the table. She grabbed it but I managed to see an unregistered number written on the screen.

"I'll just take this call. Make sure to bring back the channel to the one earlier."

I didn't bother to reply as I was busy being disappointed at every broadcasting station we have in South Korea. Why are people so obsessed with inviting them as guests!? Why do they have to be everywhere?! As if variety and talk shows aren't enough, they also have to be brand endorsers for countless products from toothpaste to shopping malls.

Minjoo wouldn't achieve any of that if she chose to be with me.

I shook my head along with the thoughts I just had when Yena came back. There weren't any good shows to watch so I decided to let Yena have what she wants.

"You wouldn't guess who I just spoke to!" She exclaimed as soon as she sat on the floor beside me. Her lips were extra pouty, a physical proof that the emotion she's feeling is much stronger and based on her glistening eyes, it's safe to say she has a piece of good news to share.

"Hmm.. Is it a casting director?"

"Close enough!" she did a drumroll on her lap so I did the same on my lap.

"Director Kwon Eunbi!"

My already big eyes grew wider when I heard the name of the youngest and first female director to have won the Drama of the Year on her fourth year in the industry. Without any signal, Yena and I squealed at the top of our lungs.

Our screams doubled in volume as she added, "She wants to schedule a meeting with you!!"

My shaking hand slowly reached for my left chest and savoured the loud beating of my heart. One of the reasons why I love acting: it's proof that I am alive. It makes every cell in my body anticipate what the future holds. A tiny voice within me whispered that this will definitely be my year to flaunt all my cards. However, a sudden realization hit me.

"Wait, why are we acting like she already wants to cast me?"

My supportive manager shook her head aggressively. She held my hand, "No, no, Yujinnie. I am a hundred and forty-eight percent sure they liked your audition. Plus, what other reason could there be for her to want to see you?"

I shoved all my hopes aside before the confirmation. It has been one of my goals to star in one of Director Eunbi's projects. Series of a musical genre often have a hard time capturing the general public's heart but she just has this special effect that attracts the viewers and that is exactly what I want to experience. Moreover, I also want to put into good use my vocal and dance training. I want to show the world that I am more than an actress.

I looked at Yena with my puppy eyes that, not to brag, recently went viral, "sooo? When will we meet them?"

Yena flashed a smile that I wouldn't ever trust. "Tomorrow afternoon."

"That soon?!"

I rubbed my stomach because it might've turned upside down at the surprise appointment. It is understandable since they only called tonight but I am usually informed about my schedules a week before so I can prepare myself. I waited for this moment to come through so I better not waste it no matter how nervous I will be.

"Don't worry, baby. We will be fine." Yena patted my back. It could have been a sweet gesture if only she wasn't secretly taking away the remote from my hand. Since I was in a good mood, I just gave it to her willingly.

"Yay!" She increased the volume to 40, as if we weren't the only ones in the house.

I grabbed a pizza while silently praying not to puke at the view in front of me.

"As everyone knows, Chaewon and I have been inseparable since we started the journey towards this flowery path. It wasn't easy at first but with Chaewon on my side, everything seemed doable."

Damn, even her words are beautiful--- what am I saying?

I glanced at Yena to see if she didn't hear my thoughts-- Wait, that's stupid. I shook my head to wake myself up. This is the reason why I avoid Minjoo and anything related to her. Her unworldly beauty is enough to make me forget the pain and even question my own sanity.

My attention was called back to the present when Yena started slapping my thighs, "Ya, ya! What's happening?!"

Curious with her reaction, my eyes travelled to the TV only to be surprised with the sudden revelation.

"However, after much consideration and consultation with our agency, we both have decided to part ways professionally for the sake of our individual growth."

What the hell?!

****
- Minjoo's POV -
"I really don't see why we have to do this," Chaewon complained with her arms crossed. "Can't we just hire a reporter to publish an article for us? It's not like the entire South Korea will be affected with what's about to happen."

I put my phone down when she said the last sentence. "Uhm, you are Kim Chaewon, I am Kim Minjoo and we are the nation's best couple. Any news regarding us n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter