Introduction

Episodes of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Congratulations on winning the Rising Star of the year last award show, Ahn Yujin-ssi!" The popular young journalist, Jang Wonyoung, showered Yujin with a round of applause as soon as the camera rolled, "I also saw your photos from earlier and as Director-nim said, you did very well for a first-timer!"

"Thank you so much, Wonyoung-ssi!" Yujin replied with a tint of shakiness in her voice as she has yet to believe that she didn't mess up her first-ever magazine photoshoot. It was all thanks to the staff that they were able to take proper photos, she thought. Wonyoung flashed a sweet smile at Yujin after noticing the timidity from her interviewee, "Just be yourself, Yujin-ssi. The questions are from your fans as we asked them what they wanted to know about so rest assured that none of the questions is overly sensitive."

Feeling relieved, Yujin eventually loosened up. She was thankful that Wonyoung knew the exact words to say. Without any more delay, Wonyoung glanced at her cue card to ask the first question, "You debuted five years ago but it was only last year that you received attention from the general public. Could you share to us about how you feel about it?"

"Hmm," Yujin paused, carefully thinking about what to answer. She wanted to express her thoughts with the right words, "Five years is indeed a long time but I'd rather think about what I've learned rather than the time I've spent learning. I believe that my journey as an actress is just about to start this year so instead of feeling nervous, I'm actually more excited about what projects and roles I will get to portray in the future. Director-nims, please contact me," Yujin chuckled.

Wonyoung smiled while attentively listening to Yujin, "then what kind of role does Yujin-ssi wish to play?"

"Oohh, I've always wanted to star in an action movie!" Yujin excitedly blurted. She immediately pressed her lips tightly when she saw her manager, Yena, signalling her to calm down from the side.

"An action movie is definitely a top pick for most actors. I'm sure you have someone in mind who you want to work with. Do you mind sharing it with us?"

"Jung Somin-sunbaenim maybe? I have read comments about how I sometimes look like her," her cheeks blushed, "of course, her beauty is on another level though!"

Wonyoung let out a small 'oh' as if only realizing who Yujin looked like, "You two could really pass off as sisters! Are you sure you aren't related?"

Yujin shook her head while laughing, "That may be one of the biggest compliment I have ever received! I sincerely hope I could work on a project with her in the future."

"I hope your wish comes true, Yujin," Wonyoung flipped the cue card, "Let's swerve the topic a little bit. The most requested question from your fans is here: what type of person is your ideal partner?"

Unconsciously, the cheerful smile on Yujin's lips slowly formed into a bitter one, "I guess all I want is someone who is willing to grow with me emotionally and mentally. Someone who will help me turn my flaws to beauty, weaknesses to strength, and mistakes to lessons. Someone who won't give up on me. I am aware that I am still lacking in various aspects so I want my partner to guide me to be a better person for the sake of the two of us rather than just accepting me for who I am," she turned to Wonyoung with her puppy eyes glistening, "It isn't too much, right?"

Wonyoung's mouth was half-open, "Wow, that actually sounded very mature, Yujin-ssi. Most people wouldn't even think of that. I know a lot who would only whine like 'this is who I am, take it or leave it' instead of admitting to their shortcomings and learning from it. I hope I won't turn out to be like that," she pouted.

"You're still a baby, Wonyoung-ssi."

"I believe you're only a year older than me, Yujin-ssi," Wonyoung replied with her right eyebrow arched, "Anyway, I was expecting the typical answers such as someone smart, reliable, or a good chef, something like that, but you're quite a deep person than what I assumed you to be."

"Are you insinuating something?" Yujin jokingly asked.

"No, no!" Wonyoung laughed, "I am curious though, have you ever met this ideal person of yours already? Or at least someone close?"

Silence conquered the room as Yujin's eyes focused on the marble tiled floor. A series of flashbacks crashed through her mind like violent waves on a stormy night but what stood out was the serene and tender, mesmerising face of someone who used to be a part of her life.

Yujin still remembers it all. The heartwarming sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter