Empathy

Through Their Lenses

The dim light of the house darkened the situation between them. The woman who sat on the sofa cupped her face frustrated while the man stood up in front of her with his hand linking on his pocket. His tuxedo and the tie were where about to be found. He bit his lip  looking at her look. The award that they expected to be brightened up their mood, was totally destroyed them. They got the awards, but they didn’t feel light at all. 


Son Yejin, the veteran actress which already starred tons of movies and dramas. They called her mellow-drama queen and box office queen which made her partnered with other male actors. Her bright and sociable characters made her easily went along with other even they weren’t an artist. Her warm heart, was the one who made everyone really into her. The actors will always got mistaken by her sociable behaviour which hardened her love life. Her plus that was also her minus, especially for her man for these years. 


Hyunbin, the man who acted as her guardian after their first ever meeting. The opposite personality of Son Yejin, he was timid and upright person. His profession as actor which similar to Yejin’s also made him casted with other female actresses on several movies and drama. His co-star often mistook him as the cold and unreachable person. He will do the thing he should do, the real professional one. Of course, he had been doing fine with them in social, but he didn’t put their relation deeper no other than partner on the movie or drama, not until Son Yejin came that flipped his life up into brighter Hyunbin. 


Behind the stage of Baeksang award when Yejin went to toilet and he had been waiting for her, before she was going up on her van with their stylists to go home. 


“I am going to the toilet first..” she grabbed Hyunbin’s hand while walking. Hyunbin which felt her grab turned his head into her. 


“Okay...I am waiting here..” he replied and she walked toward the toilet. Hyunbin then ordered the stylists to go first on the van. He often did overwhelming action to her, but it was because he wanted to make sure that she was safe before they reached home. 


Hyunbin tapped his feet impatiently. He waited for over than 10 minutes that worried him more. He called her phone, but she didn’t answer the phone. She will never take time too long in toilet. 


He looked to his watch worriedly until he chose to approach her in the toilet. His steps stopped after seeing the view of her being trapped by Jung Haein, Yejin’s partner on Something In The Rain. Yejin turned her head when Haein tried to steal her kiss. The view aroused his anger. Hyunbin walked fast and grabbed Yejin’s hand and freed her from Haein’s. Hyunbin covered Yejin tiny body behind and he faced Haein straight into his eyes.


“ Noona.. Don’t tell me that it is right..” Haein said in a low voice. Hyunbin peeked at her and glared at him. 


“Jung Haein-ssi, it is better that you go right now, because I don’t want make a commotion here.” He said coldly to him. He did that for twice, the one was when they were waiting for the Baeksang Award to begin. Hyunbin came late and found him approached her on her seat. 


“Noona.. I will always wait for you..” Jung Haein said as he left them. The incident on Baeksang worsened them, especially to Hyunbin. 

 

****{{{}}}****

 

He exhaled his breath and looking out nowhere. 


“I need to make an announcement for us soon.” He mumbled  to her which still stay on the sofa. The home which always filled with the warm of both of them turned drastically after they went to the Award ceremony. 


“We had talked about that long time a go and I don’t need to explain that we shouldn’t make any announcement.” She answered weakly to him. 


“And let your ex partner easily going out with you??” he faced her and made ‘are you serious?’ look. 


“Bin-ah, why don’t you just let it go....” 


“What?? You mean I should do nothing?? He obviously shows that he loves you, and want to tell the world that he loves you.. ”he cut her words before she finished it.


“Don’t go overboard toward this..” she massaged her temples. 


“Overboard?? He wants the media capture the moments with you don’t you realise?? WHILE I AM THE ONE WHO ALWAYS TRYING HARD TO HIDE MY FEELING UNTIL NOW..!!” he shouted loudly while his hand frustatedly tried to explain the situation on her.


“Just let it go and just focus on us...” She added in a low voice. 


“ How can I?? “ He questioned her. “ Why are you making it too hard for us? You never want to know what I feel...” he shouted at her. 


The silence remained long while Hyunbin went back and forth tried to be calm. He ed his two upper button shirt feeling hot out of sudden. The argument with Yejin really made him angrier. 


“so.. what will you do?” she asked him tried to calm her burdened heart.

 
“I will make a conference by tomorrow...” he added. She sat up straight and looking at him furiously. 


“Is anything always easy for you? Vast again Vast again? Don’t you ever feel how hard the work to them making such announcement while they was the one who was always denying the facts? And you want it tomorrow? Are you crazy?? We will end for sure if you do that tomorrow...” she left him to her bedroom and slammed the door didn’t want anyone to disturb her. 


Hyunbin smacked the vas and it could be heard a loud breaking sound on the living room.

 

 ******((()))*****


Hyunbin’s Room in Vast


Hyunbin’s mind was mess as hell. He tried to calm himself first before he decide to do the conference. His eyes focused to the documents in front of him but his mind was nowhere to be found. He closed the document harshly and cupped his face frustrated. 


‘Knock..Knock..’


The knocked sound of the door ruined his thought. He inhaled enough air to make him calmer. 


“Come Inside..” he said loud enough to be heard for someone outside who knocked at the door. His manager came with a worried face approaching him. 


“Bin-ah....SeonHee,, Lee Jaewook’s girlfriend passed a way..” Hyunbin stood up being startled. 


“What do you mean??” he crumbled any paper in front of him. 


“She was found on her house this morning. Suicide...” Hyunbin widened his eyes hearing his manager’s words. 


“How...come?” Hyunbin stuttered his words. “Can you just avoid to give any statement for this before I meet Jaewook? Where is he?” Hyunbin ordered him before the media flooded to Vast. 


“He goes to her burial place after the otoption finished.” He replied in worry.


At the Burial place


Hyunbin with his black attire gave the last tribute to Kim Seonhee who was Lee Jaewook’s girlfriend. He took a bow in front of her parents and went to find Jaewook who sat by himself with his soju and ate the food that prepared by the burial place. Jaewook messed appearance worried him more.


Hyunbin took a seat in front of him. Jaewook gave a slight bow to his CEO. The puffy red eyes couldn’t be hidden. Jaewook tried hard not to let the tears flowed from his eyes, but his reddened face tell all his broken feeling. Hyunbin silently took a gulp of soju in front of him. 


“It is all my mistake daepyo-nim..” he suddenly talked to him. Hyunbin couldn’t even answer for him. It was too fast to be happened. 


“She couldn’t bear it..” he sobbed and the tears started to flow. Hyunbin poured a soju on his glass and listened to all his grudges. Jaewook drank the soju in a shot and shedded his tears. 


“I should listen to her...I am an egoistic person ever...” Hyunbin calmly poured a soju to his glass again. 


“I don’t know that my fans would attack her on SNS.. I don’t know that my fans would be that harsh to her...” he sobbed again, thinking about all that what he had done. He drank the soju in a shot. Hyunbin poured again the soju on his glass, still being a good listener.


“I shouldn’t do the announcement...” Hyunbin froze at the moment, when he said the announcement about their relationship a month a go. Hyunbin remembered the time he announced the relationship. It was full of encouragement at first, because most of fans gave a positives remarks. He didn’t count for the minority that might be an antis and it worst if one of them hadn’t prepared her/his mentality for this rough industry. Unconciously, he exhaled his breath and felt the remorse on his heart.  Hyunbin put the soju bottle on the table calmly. 


“I was just being egoistic want to announce our relationship. She doesn't deserve it all. Why should I announce that if I just lose her??” he gulped the soju in front of him. Jaewook seemed to get depression which as clear as the messed face he showed. 


Hyunbin was taken a back by his statements. His mind brought his back to the time he always pleaded to his girl , Yejin. Hyunbin took a gulp of soju in front of him. 

 

*****((()))*****

 

Hyunbin found he stood alone in front of Yejin’s photo with group of crysant flowers surrounding her smiling face photo which always attract him. He saw people gave the last tribute to the photo and took a bow to her parents which stood up beside him. He dropped his feeling and the tears started flowing from his eyes. 


He couldn’t bear his heart. He went to Yejin’s photo and tried to broke the photo, but two pairs of arms grabbed him to bring him far from Yejin’s photo. 


“What is it?? It is not true!!!?? Eomonim...abeonimmm...tell me that it is wrong..” he screamed while the strong arms bring him away. Yejin’s parents just shedded their tears while the people kept coming and gave the tributes. He broke away the arms and punched them when they tried to keep him away from her. “Let go of me...” he shouted at them when they tried to bring him away. He swayed his hand and broke them down and he ran approaching her parents.


“Eomonimm...abeonimm..” he shouted to her parent to get his consciousness again. He burst his tears out. Her father didn’t say a word and patted his shoulder lightly. 


“Taepyung-ah..” her father couldn’t continue his words and just patted him lightly. 


“That was my fault abeonimm... it is not true.. it shouldn’t happen abeonim..” he convinced her parent for nothing. Her mother just cried louder after seeing Hyunbin who acted insane. 


“She shouldn’t be the one.. I am the one who should die..” Hyunbin grabbed her father hands while trembling hard. “ Eomonimm..it is me who should die..eomonim  ANSWER ME PLEASE!!” He grabbed Yejin’s mother hands when he didn’t get her father reaction. “Eomonimm jebal..!” he said for the last and fell into his feet. He cried out loud and approached Yejin’s photo once again. He froze at the moment. He thought that his decision was the right one. He didn’t try to understand her at all. 


“Yejin-ahh..come back please..I am sorry..” he sobbed in front of the photo. He came forward to her photo and touched it lightly. He stole the photo and broke all the burial ceremony’s things which made her parents to scream out loud.


He woke up with sweat all over his body. He exhaled his breath in relieved. It was just a bad dream, he cupped his face and thinking about the dream and Lee Jaewook. He went to the kitchen took a glass of water to calm himself. 


*******(((())))*****


Yejin walked to the beach she always visited with Hyunbin all alone. She felt the breeze on the beach and the voice of coconut leaves rustling, which refreshened up someone remorse feeling. She sat on the beach sand and pulling a handful of sand and released it little bit with the help.of the breeze. She smiled and thought that it would be nice if they were there together. The sun was ready to set and she wanted to recorded it through her eyes. 


“Yah Neoo...” a girl’s voice distracted her peaceful mind. She turned her head toward the voice. A girl and  a man which looked like a couple bickered to each other. The boy who was lying on her lap coughed and laid helpessly on her lap.  Yejin panicked seeing the girl tried to move the man’s body worriedly. Yejin tried to stand up to help them, but then she stopped her way after seeing the man laughed at her. Yejin gave a slight smile to them.

 
“Yaah..You make me worry..HAJIMA..” The girl’s annoyed voice made his laughter even louder. 


“He really want to badly..” Yejin mumbled in a low voice. She kept looking at them in a far away and listening to their conversation. 


“Aigooo. Are you loving me that much??” the man woke up from her lap and pinched her cheeks. He laughed in satisfy and kept teasing her. She pouted seeing his childish boy. She smacked his shoulder lightly and bursted her words nonchalantly. 


“What are you doing?? So childish...” she pulled his ear toward her which made him screamed in pain. 


“ Yah Appeo...” he snatched her hand and scrubbed his ear to relieve the pain. “I want to hear that you love me..” Yejin was taken a back by his words. “ Mwoya?? Up until now you never say that you love me...” he bickered and pouted like a child. 


“Is it important now?” she replied the word sarcastically.


“Ah.. forget it..! I leave..” he stood up and tried to go. 


“Yahh...” the girl caught his hand that made him went back to her. “I love you..” she said shyly. The man who satisfied with her words, held his laughter and turned back to pinch his girl cheeks.

 
“Me too..” he said and kissed his girl forehead. Yejin smiled seeing the view in front of her eyes. She saw the sun again to let them do the things as the couple. 


“Tskk..Boys really will always be boys..” Yejin concluded from the view she was seeing. She bitterly smiled and remembering Hyunbin, who sometimes acted like 5 years-old boy.


--Flashback—


Hyunbin laid his head on Yejin’s laps while she his hair lightly  They enjoyed their free time on Yejin’s house and do things together. Yejin’s eyes focused on the TV which showed Hyunbin’s drama. Hyunbin peeked lightly to Yejin who had been glued to TV, ignoring him.


“Ouch Yejin-ah.. Its hurt..” Hyunbin said as it looked so much hurt on his stomach. Yejin which had known her boyfriend’s behaviour didn’t move even an inch. 


“Stop it Bin-ah. I know you don’t eat anything wrong at my house. I always serve healthy food for you though.” Yejin eyes still stucked on the TV. Hyunbin pouted and woke up from her laps. “Yah..you cover the TV..” Yejin replied as she took a drink beside her and pushed his big body aside. Hyunbin, who felt pathetic, put his head on her shoulder and watched the TV with her, even though he had known the plot.


“Yah after this, you will see me kiss another woman..” he warned her.

 
“Ah..really..?? “ she took a chips and focused on the TV. The kiss scene suddenly appeared and Hyunbin closed his eyes feeling awkward. He hugged her shoulder from his side and burried his face on her shoulder. 


“Woaah...Really Hyunbin-ssi is a great kisser...” she said the words, like it was nothing which annoyed him on other way.

 
“Yah..Aren’t you jealous??” he peeked at her showing his eyes on her. He pouted feeling annoyed. 


“Why must I? Its your work...Great one..” she patted his head lightly. 


“It isn’t what I mean though..” he mumbled. “Yejin-ah, Don’t you love me?” he asked her childishly out of sudden. 


“What is it Ahjeossi?? Why are you so random.??” She replied still munching her chips. 


“Yah..” Hyunbin stood up and took the remote in front of her and turned off the TV. After that, he went to her bedroom and slammed the door loudly. 


“Yah Kim Taepyung....” she casually shouted and the TV again. 


---End of Flashback---


Yejin smiled bitterly remembering his childish action. She felt that she was being too hard to him. He was just being clingy to her to get her attention. But, she always rejected his light codes, he always wanted to do with her. She looked at the sun which will set soon. 


“So...Is it what you mean? Mianhae, I am being mean to you.. I can’t understand you at all...” she mumbled. Her finger scribbled to the sand while put the chin on  her knee. She scribbled abstractly, the same as her messed mind. 


“Yejin-ah..” a man voice called her. The familiar voice she always longed for. She turned her head to the voice and looking at her man standing not far away from her. She smiled bitterly and woke up approaching him. She fastened her walk and seeing his teary eyes. 


Hyunbin did the same as Yejin. They ran to each other and ended hugging each other tightly. 


“Mianhae...” they said in unison. They tightened their embraced hearing those words. 


“Mianhae...you can do what you want and I won’t ask you to do the announcement again..” he said as his tears fell to his cheeks. Yejin sobbed on his hug. 


“I miss you...Mianhae..” she murmured the words on his hug. Hyunbin pulled away Yejin and wiped her tears slowly.


“I am the one who should say sorry..” he said gently to her. 


“Noo. I am the one who is being heartless to you...sorry..” she sobbed hardly and didn’t want to faced his eyes. Hyunbin slowly lifted her chin and let her saw him through his eyes deeply. “I love you ..” she confessed her feeling wholeheartedly.


“Me too..." he smiled lightly. "I won’t ask you to do the announcement again. It is way better than I should lose you. I am okay. It is okay now, Yejin.” She cried louder and he wiped all her tears gently and cupped her cheeks. He wiped the tears and kissed her lips lightly. “It is okay now. I am all fine..” he said reassuring her and his hand caressed her back lightly.


She brought him toward her closer and kissed him deeply while the sun started setting. The shilouette of them covered them, which actually prevent them to be recognized by people around. They enjoyed the same breeze, same breathe, same rustling sound of leaves and same feeling toward each other that day. From the day forward, they tried to stand in each other shoes, to feel each other feelings, and tried to understand each other’s need.

---END---

IT IS JUST A FICTION ^^

Let's support them wholeheartedly and be a responsible shopper ^^

KOREAN WORDS 

Eomonim : mother (polite = usually it is used for someone's mother)

Abeonim : father (polite)

Ahjeossi : uncle

Neo : You

Appeo : hurt

Hajima : Don't do that !

Jebal : Please

Mianhae : Sorry