A Kiss (or Two) and a Decision

A Moonlit Connection
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Jinyoung roams Helios Grove, he notices just how different elite life was as compared to indigene living. Other than the obvious and glaring difference in living conditions, what Jinyoung noticed the most however, was the atmosphere surrounding the two different social classes. Growing up around indigenes, Jinyoung was accustomed to being satisfied with what he had, not like in material possessions but life in general. A few hours around elites and Jinyoung could sense their lack of complacency. How there will always be room for improvement and therefore, something to strive for. Something that was refreshing for Jinyoung. 

Still, he wonders if he could make that transition of going from indigene to elite. A part of him just yells 'hell yeah' but another part of him makes him think otherwise. For so long, he knew elites to be these perfect specimens of human existence. Something that is, in every way, better than he could ever hope to be. Suddenly, out of the blue, someone was telling him that he is, or at least could be, that version of himself he never thought possible. Regardless of what everyone has said, did he feel like he is good enough? Is he up for the incredible opportunity and challenge that will be put before him?

The answer that rang loud and clear in Jinyoung's head was, 'I don't know but I would sure as hell try.'

In Jinyoung's head, his mind is as good as made up. The only things left that could change his mind are his parents. He is pretty sure that they were going to be fine with it. And knowing his parents, he is certain they would be happy that he even had the opportunity in the first place. Of course, these are all just in his head and he still needs their formal input on the matter but that would have to wait till later that night. 

In the meantime, Jinyoung took Raymond's suggestion and wandered the many halls of Helios Grove. Winding through the seemingly never ending corridors, Jinyoung wonders how many rooms there actually were in the house, losing count at around twenty. The size of the place meant that Jinyoung, one who does not really know his way around, got lost a couple of times, which is exactly what is happening that exact moment. Still, he keeps walking on. Reassured that eventually, he would come across a familiar spot or meet someone to ask for directions. 

Walking down the hall, Jinyoung looks to his left and sees an abstract portrait that was hung on the wall. "Hmm, this looks familiar. But then again, all these abstract paintings do." Jinyoung mumbles to himself. It was just then that he hears a movement coming from a room just further down the hall. At the prospect of maybe finding someone to get directions from, Jinyoung follows the sounds, hearing the soft muffled speech of a man. 

Whoever it is, it seems like the guy is talking to himself, being that Jinyoung is only hearing one voice. Remembering that Raymond mentioned that his wife and son were around, Jinyoung assumes that the source of the voice to be Raymond's son. As he gets closer to the source, he realizes the sound is coming from the room at the far end of the hall, the voice carrying down the hallway. "Yes I just got done with it. I've sent it to you so just go have a look at it and tell me what you think... yeah, okay thanks... bye."

The door at the far end opens. It's occupant walking out with a tablet in his hand. The fingers of his right hand runs across the screen as the device was cradled in his left arm. With eyes focused on the screen, he doesn't notice Jinyoung's presence. But the latter sees him and his mouth hangs open in shock at the man standing in front of him.

"Mark?" Jinyoung mutters, blinking a couple of times to see if it was a trick of the eyes. At the sound of his voice, Mark looks up from his tablet, taking in the man in front of him. As his eyes land on Jinyoung's face, the color drains from his face. 

"Jinyoung?" Mark voices, shell shocked to see the indigene he has met at the forest a few days ago. 

"I didn't..." Jinyoung starts but is then cut off when Mark grabs the front of his shirt and yanks him forward, swiftly retreating into the room Mark has just exited from. The door slams shut and Jinyoung is being pushed against the door, Mark's fist still clutching to the front of Jinyoung's shirt. 

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" Mark hisses through clenched teeth, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"What?" Jinyoung confusingly asks, not yet catching up to the pace of the events that just happened.

"How did you get in here? . You are not supposed be here." Mark says, distress apparent in his tone. It was weird hearing Mark cuss. Jinyoung guesses that it isn't part of this particular elite's vocabulary. 

"Mark relax. I swear, I'm not stalking you. I'm here to see Raymond about my test results." Jinyoung hurriedly explains, putting his hands up in surrender. He doesn't quite like getting on Mark's bad side and he looks pretty livid at that point. 

"My dad? Wait..." His face relaxes, his fist slowly uncurling and releasing Jinyoung's clothes. "You're Park Jinyoung? You're the indigene-elite guy?"

"Well... that's what your dad told me." Jinyoung says, straightening his shirt. 

". No... this can't be happening. Why must it be you of all people?" Mark says, turning around and running his hand through his neat hair. 

"Wow... thanks a lot." Jinyoung deadpans, making Mark turn to him. 

"No. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Ugh... I mean, close to 700 million indigenes on Selene and it's the one I met in the forest. What are the odds of that?" Mark says.

"Well... I didn't ask for this to happen." Jinyoung answers back, casting his eyes to the ground. Suddenly, he doesn't feel so good that Mark is not happy at the fact that he's meeting Jinyoung again under the current circumstances.

"You didn't... tell anyone, did you? About that day in the forest." Mark says, rubbing his neck in the process. Jinyoung concludes that it's a habit of the elite when he's nervous or jittery. 

"Not what we talked about, no." Jinyoung softly replies. With that, Mark takes a deep breath, leaning his body against the desk that stood behind him. At the opportunity, Jinyoung takes in the room around him, noticing it to be another office, furnished exactly the same as the office Jinyoung was in earlier that day. Seeing that Mark is probably doing some work in here earlier, Jinyoung assumes that this room is Mark's personal office. "About what you said that day, was it a joke?" Jinyoung's curiosity getting the better of him that he couldn't help asking the thing that's been bugging him ever since meeting Mark a few days ago.

"If I said yes, you wouldn't believe me anyway, right?" Mark says, cocking an eyebrow at Jinyoung. 

"Well I don't know. It was all so strange, I don't really know what to make of it." Jinyoung quietly mumbles, looking at anywhere but the elite before him. Mark sighs, running his hand through his hair again. 

"No... it was not a joke." Mark confesses.

"Okay. Well... thanks... for clearing that up." With that, Jinyoung becomes more conscious and nervous of Mark. Mark chuckles at his comment, looking at the man who stood in front of his office door.

"I basically tell you that I find you attractive and that's all you have to say?" Mark smirks.

"Well what do you want me to say anyway?" Jinyoung rebukes but with no malice or heat, leaning against the door for support. He doesn't know what to feel. For one, he finally knows that what was said back at the forest isn't some elite practical joke they play on indigenes. On the other hand, what did that revelation even matter to him? He is still on Selene and there is no way that he could hope for anything with Mark. 

"Well it would be nice if you could say the same for one? You know, make me feel comforted at the fact that I'm not alone in the matter." Mark says, pushing off the desk and taking a couple of steps towards Jinyoung. Mark too, shares similar thoughts on the matter of his uality. Did he want to be able to have a relationship? Yes but with him being gay, and elite at that, he knows for himself that it was an almost unfathomable scenario. 

"I thought you should be able to read that. What with your psychology background and everything." Jinyoung sarcastically remarks, keeping his eyes off of Mark. Afraid of what he'll feel towards the handsome elite walking towards him.

"Maybe... but it's still kind of nice to hear something being said out loud, makes it feel more tangible." Mark says, stepping again closer to Jinyoung. He knows he shouldn't but he couldn't help his gravitation to the man in front of him, as if the guy has a magnet that pulled at his insides. 

"Well... I don't see your reasoning. If you know something, you know something. You shouldn't need reaffirmation." Jinyoung says, noting Mark's increasing proximity to him. 

Mark an eyebrow at Jinyoung, a smirk playing on his lips. He couldn't resist the need to tease Jinyoung and any thoughts about the consequences of his actions leave him at that moment. He is trying his luck for sure, pushing the limits to see how far he could take this. Maybe a kiss won't be too bad? His brain is currently concocting scenarios, playing them out in a multitude of ways, analyzing the many possible paths they could take. 

"You see... sometimes people just need some sort of confirmation. Like for example, how I want to kiss you so bad right now." Mark says, stopping right in front of Jinyoung, making the latter turn his face towards the former in surprise. "Something that you probably knew I was thinking about but still you doubted yourself in case, by that slim chance, that you were wrong. That is, until I said it out loud. You see my reasoning now?" Mark asks Jinyoung, only a few inches separating the two apart that they could both feel the breaths released by the other.

Jinyoung swallows, his Adam's apple bobbing in his neck. Mark's eyes darting down momentarily, catching the sinful image. "Okay. I... uhhh... understand now." Jinyoung coughs nervously. 

"So let's try this again. Do you want me to kiss you?" Mark asks, bringing his lips closer to Jinyoung's face. Jinyoung's heart rate skyrockets at that. His blood rushing across his skin, making him flush a deep red. He could feel the breath of the elite dancing across his cheek, setting sparks and goosebumps flying across his body. 

"Yes." Jinyoung whispers out, finally succumbing to the attraction and chemistry they both seem to harbor towards each other. A smile creeps onto Mark's face as he brings his lips to Jinyoung's, closing the remaining distance between them. Electricity courses through his veins as the kiss lights up a fire within Mark. It was a simple kiss, and yet, Mark feels like he was flying. For reasons unknown to him, Jinyoung has captured his interest to a point of discomfort. He is wanting to find out more about the peculiar indigene before him and thinking that this kiss will be as far as he is going to proceed with Jinyoung suddenly makes him feel empty. 

Despite his completely still body, Jinyoung is anything but calm in his mind. From the moment Mark trailed his face inches from his, to the pinnacle that is the actual kiss, a million emotions coursed through him. He doesn't even know he could feel so much at any one time. The kiss however, calmed him completely. Being that Jinyoung is only focusing on one thing, and that was Mark. For some crazy reason, the amazingly hot elite guy is kissing him and Jinyoung didn't have a clue as to why. Jinyoung was normal, as normal as indigenes were known for. 

As the need for oxygen overcomes the feeling of euphoria that their lip contact brought, they pull apart taking deep long breaths. Jinyoung stairs into the brown eyes of Mark, finding them currently focused onto his own ones. Mark was the first person Jinyoung has met who had eyes that looked both cold yet warm at the same time. 

Instincts kick in as Jinyoung wraps his hands around Mark's alluring neck, pulling the elite to him and crashing their lips together again, all in blinding speed. Mark is shocked initially, before relaxing into the feeling of Jinyoung against him, his eyes closing to enjoy the kiss. The kiss isn't as reserved this time, more passionate as they start  and nibbling on each other's lips. 

Mark finds his hands snaking around Jinyoung's waist as the kiss deepens. Mark pushing forward slightly, pinning Jinyoung against the door. He darts out his tongue tentatively, grazing Jinyoung's luscious lower lip, begging for entry, to which Jinyoung responds to by parting his lips. Mark slides his tongue into Jinyoung's mouth, tasting the man that is making him hard in all sorts of ways right now. His knees almost buckled when Jinyoung started  on his tongue, the feeling so good it made his knees weak. 

Jinyoung begins weaving his fingers through Mark's neatly combed hair, his other hand rubbing circles on Mark's neck. Once or twice, Jinyoung would feel goosebumps erupt across Mark's skin, giving him an idea that whatever he is doing felt good to the elite. Mark however, pulls away from the kiss, running his lips down Jinyoung's jawline. 

"You need to stop that." Mark whispers raggedly, his breath tickling the skin around Jinyoung's ear. 

"Sorry... I've never done this before." Jinyoung shyly confesses, thinking maybe that he has read Mark's reactions wrongly and that he wasn't enjoying it as Jinyoung thought. 

Mark chuckles, his chest vibrating against Jinyoung's. "It's not that. I'm enjoying it too much, if you know what I mean."

"Oh." Jinyoung blushes. 

"You're impossibly cute when you blush. It's not even fair." Mark softly sighs, caressing one of Jinyoung's cheeks in the process.

"Well you're impossibly hot period, so I guess we're even." Jinyoung replies, smirking as confidence suddenly grows within him to which Mark returns a half smile. Mark is about to lean in for another kiss when a beep stops him. He stops, his lips inches from Jinyoung's luscious ones as the beeping continues in the

Please log in to read the full chapter