The Center Painting

The Middle Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 






 

Nayeon was boring her eyes at the displayed artworks. Until one large painting made it all piece together.

 

A lazy smile fell upon her lips. It's a glowing painting of a familiar goddess.



 

“I would like to purchase that one by the center, please kind sir” She politely requested. 


 

The curator was visibly troubled and began to profusely apologize and was quick to offer her other beautiful options.


 

“Well, I am sorry as well but I cannot take no for an answer” Nayeon steeled her gaze at the one she was pertaining to.


 

“Madam, it is really not for sale. Forgive me.” But Nayeon remained silent and the curator should know better to dismay her.


 

“But if you would like to speak with the owner. Maybe you can settle and change her mind” The curator offered her a black card.



 

Nayeon went on her way to take a call to an old friend. Now that she finally found a way to contact this elusive friend of hers.

 

She proceeded to purchase a different art piece that caught her eye as gratitude to the curator.

 

 

"Thank you madam. Ms. Chou would be glad of your generous purchase. Hopefully Ms. Kim would be the same." He bid her farewell.


 

 



















 

Nayeon watches the children run around the front of the cafe they are staying.


 

“They are such a joyful sight” Nayeon said sipping from her chamomile tea.

 

Dahyun nodded. 


 

“For how long will you stay?  Not that I’m not glad for your visit” 

 

Dahyun’s smile was warm enough to make Nayeon a little guilty of her needed lies.




 

“I’m not here for long. So I’m glad to see you are….” 

 

Nayeon let her words hang in the air.

 

Dahyun blushed at the intense gaze.







 

“Yes, me too. I’m glad” 



 

It would not belong before they part ways once more. Before they become worlds apart once again. So they cherished these fortunate moments as mortals, nothing more, ignoring the pressure of their tainted bloods.



























 

The sound of a car door slamming closed, alerted two dogs to come running towards Dahyun on her front porch.


 

It was a sunny day, Dahyun thought of taking the two big dogs for a long walk. She ruffled their heads before she carried her stuff safely on  her arms.



 

Footsteps came running towards her as she reached the stairs to her front door.



 

“Mama! Mama! Come see!”

A little  boy  began to tug on Dahyun’s clothes. Dahyun was wondering where is her babysitter. When Dahyun was busy, she was glad to have someone to fetch him from school. This was one of those days.


 

“Wait, wait. I might drop this-”


 

“Hurry mama! Hurry!” Urgency was heard in his voice as he finally let go of her jacket.





 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

 




 

“Mama look, the girl from your painting is here!”

Dahyun dropped the bags on the sofa.



 

 

 

“What?”

Her feet led her to her son’s voice.





 

“Yes mama! She’s here!” Her son was jumping up and down as the dogs played with him.



 

Sana was there, standing. In mortal clothing.



 

Was she the one Nayeon was pertaining to?



 

“I will be sending a present to you. It will be your responsibility”  Nayeon’s words echoed in her mind.




 

 

 

 

 


 

“I’m the new babysitter” Sana introduced.




 

Dahyun was ….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter