Chapter 5

Friend to Lover 친구에서 연인
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a hotel quite far from the flower shop.

It was crowded. There were many people there who had different things to take care of. Jihoon could see Soonyoung talked to some of his workers who were busy making some decorations for the wall. Jihoon’s eyes scanned the room, he needed to find her. But she was nowhere to be seen. Jihoon started to feel restless.

“Jihoon, why are you here?”

He hoped it was she who greeted him, but it was Soonyoung.

“Where is she?” Jihoon asked straight to the point.

Soonyoung blinked. It took some seconds for him to get it. “Ah, your girlfriend? She’s over there, some minutes ago.” He pointed to the other door of the hall, which have been placed gates made from red roses.

“She’s not my girlfriend, not yet. But thanks, Soonyoung.” Jihoon rushed to the door Soonyoung mentioned.

Jihoon finally saw her after some people blocked his sight.

She was there, looking all healthy and cheerful. Jihoon almost got his eyes teary. He missed her, he really did. He fastened his pace.

She seriously looked at the gate made and said some words to someone who worked on it. Before he could reach her, he realized that she was talking with Choi Seungcheol who was standing on a small ladder decorating the flower gate with red roses. They were casually talking and laughing. Jihoon was frozen on his steps. He held his breath.

It hurt to see them closely like this. Did she really leave him, for real, for that guy?

But he needed to do something, he had to say something to her. She had to know that he lov—

“Jihoon?” she called him out.

He could see two pairs of eyes staring at him. The guy was also looking at him, confused. She looked confused and a bit panicked as well. She walked up to him.

“W-what are you doing here?” she whispered.

Jihoon wanted to say something but nothing came out his mouth. He looked at her face intently for some moment and realized it had been so long he hasn’t seen her. He missed her so much, but he did not know how to say it.

She, who did not hear any answer from him, impatiently said, “Jihoon, I’m working right now. You can’t come here.” As if she remembered something, she glanced at Choi Seungcheol worriedly. “I-I’m working. I’m busy.” She stated as she stared at Jihoon again.

“What are you so busy about?” he blurted out. “You didn’t even reply to my texts and pick up my calls. What are you so busy about? With that guy?”

She was kind of speechless. “I’m working, Lee Jihoon. Can’t you see that?” she had her voice raising. “And that person,” she glanced at Choi Seungcheol again, “we work together.”

He knew it was not only for work.

“But avoid my calls?” he did not get it. “You’re never like this before.”

She shook her head. “Jihoon, I can’t explain now.” She replied firmly, not trying to elaborate but she still looked worried.

“Why not?” he held his anger, and jealousy as that guy stared at him in silence. “Tell me, now.”

 “I-I can’t explain it now, I—“

“You can’t just avoid my calls after called me a million times. You can’t just leave like that.” he scoffed. “Just because you’ve got a new friend that doesn’t mean you have to forget your old friend.” He did not like the term old friend, but that was all that could describe him right now.

“Jihoon, he’s not my new friend. He’s…”

“So, who is he? Your boyfriend?”

“Who told you?” she looked puzzled.

He felt his chest hurt listening to her answer. He took a deep breath and scoffed, “That after you’ve got yourself a boyfriend, you left me, then. Very good. What a good friend.”

 “Hey, who said I left you?” she looked very mad now.

“You didn’t say it, but you acted as you did!”

They never g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter