Enter Prosecutor Kim

Gardenia

Seoul Court of Supreme Justice, the current timeline 

Hojin was running up and down files to find this man, this... Jun Jin, he's come to a dead end. He decided to finally give prosecutor Kim a call. 

"Good evening Sunbae, I'm sorry to disturb you late into the night, Prosecutor Lee had informed me that you might have some information on a suspect, he goes by Jun Jin" 

"Anything, for Andy, I know that name, you won't be able to find case files in Seoul, Junjin is the 3rd and illegitimate grandson of Uncle Shen, during the mass trade-off of 2001 it was said that he was murdered so he couldn't overthrow his 2 other brothers, in reality, he was sent to Japan where he hid in exile, I guess it's finally time for him to come back. Anything that I tell you now you must keep away from Andy, it's for the greater good if he doesn't know. I'll call my colleague in Osaka to see if I can get you a copy of his case files."

"Thank you, Sunbae. What do I say if Prosecutor Lee asks about the case?"

"Tell him it's confidential to protect multiple witnesses"

"Gotcha, goodbye then."


Hongdae underground shopping center 2000 

Jun jin and Andy had planned to go out with the other boys to celebrate the end of the term, the pair of them had arrived early so they waited for the others at a pocha bar (Korean tent bar)

"Ahjumma! 2 Servings of tteokbokki and 1 serving of soup please!" 

"And two beers" Andy whispers

"And two beers!" 

as the shop owner prepares the food Junjin takes his jacket off revealing his bandaged arm

"Hyung?! What happened?" Andys voice was laced with concern.

"Oh, this? I forgot about this, I- uhm fell off my bike on my way to the lecture hall yesterday, no biggie" 

"Aish, how old are you? 12? You should've been more careful!"

"I know Andy, I know."

The restaurant owner interrupts the bickering and places the food and beer on the table

"Here, stop staring at me and eat"

Junjin shoves a piece of rice cake into Andys face

"Do you think you got a good grade?"

"I don't think so before the exam my GPA was 77%, I think after it might drop to 70"

"At least you're not failing right?"

"Easy for you to say Mr. 97%"

"You could've achieved that as well, but you were too busy partying and gaming during year 1 and 2"

Dongwan finds the bickering duo and quickly jumps in to calm the flames.

"Woah, Woah, boys calm down, Sunbae is here, show no disrespect!" 

"Oh shut up Dongwan hyung, Sunbae? Please, Andy is way smarter then you" Junjin scoffs and takes a sip out of his beer.

Andy smirks and looks away

"Wait I wanna look at the sea snails in the tank, Andy come with me."

"Really, hyung? You're not 5" Junjin adds

Dongwan stands up and takes Andy by the wrist leaving Junjin alone at the table. 

"Hyung? What are you doing?"

"Did you tell him yet?"

"No! And don't you dare say anything either."

"Come on, it's now or never, just tell him!" 

"What if he doesn't like guys that way?"

"Trust me, Andy, he likes you too"

"Hyung, don't say anything, I'll tell him later."

"Andy-" 

Andy walks away from Dongwan and heads back to the table, from a few paces away he admired the two young men laughing over a glass of beer, he was caught off guard and got ran into by a young man on a skateboard

"Hey watch it! These shoes and this board cost more than your salary!"

Dongwan rolled his eyes and headed back to the table.


Andys apartment, current timeline

Andy wakes up from his dream in the dead of the night, it was so vivid. He remembered it so clearly, he was off-campus looking for Junjin, he was running and running, the rain wouldn't stop, he found his best friend at the docks, he yelled out, he yelled and screamed for Junjin to come back, but then these men showed up, at least a dozen, he heard two shots and saw his friend fall into the water, he then felt a painful bash to the back of the head. Andy wiped his glasses and picked up his phone, 

"Hello? Detective Lee? I think I might know something that could be of help."


Dongwans apartment, the current timeline

"Hyesung, I know its 2 am, what- stop yelling! It's important, he's back. Junjin is back."

"But he said-"

"I know, but I think this has something to do with the death of his older brother last month, he's back and he apparently bought out Vita Bar, keep Andy as distracted as possible, I will take over the case from Hojin tomorrow"

"Okay, that sounds good, tell your Detective boyfriend to keep you in the loop, we need to figure out what he's up to before Andy runs into him."

"Yeah, I know, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Dongwan hung the phone up and rubbed his temples with his palms, this wasn't supposed to happen. Junjin can't possibly be back, he swore before he left that he would do the right thing, he swore to protect Andy from the truth. So why is he back?


I'll try to write the next updates a little longer as I unwrap the layers under Junjin's character! Thank you for reading!