Jjajang

Gardenia

Midterms week, left-wing library, Seoul University 1999 

"Andy, can I borrow your notes?"

"Hyung, you said you took notes already"

"Sorry, mine, uhm got lost. I swear I took notes too"

"Here, hurry up I need them too"

"Our Andy doesn't need notes, he's too smart"

...

"Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"I want Jjajangmyeon"

"Okay then order some, ask Hyesung if he wants anything?"

"I'm sure he ate already, let's go down to the restaurant and eat"

"Sure, I'll ask Dongwan Hyung too he m-"

Andy cut him off

"He ate already, they all ate already."

"Oh, okay, guess it's just you and me then. Let me finish this first and we'll go"


Now, Seoul Jamsil police office 

"Detective Mun, here is the warrant you asked for" 

Andy hands him a large envelope with his prosecution office seal on it. 

"Andy, you can call me Hyung here. Listening to you call me Detective Mun sent a shiver down my spine."

"When we are at the workplace I would prefer to be addressed as prosecutor Lee, I will continue to address you as Detective Mun and Detective Lee (Minwoo)"

Eric took the envelope from his hand and quickly pulled out the piece of paper

"Well prosecutor Lee, you may be dismissed." 

"Goodbye then." 

Andy was on his way out when he overheard a conversation another detective was having over the phone. 

" -I heard Ryu was beaten up by the Ragon leader, what was his name again? Uhm- right Jun something" 

He could care less, he made his way to his car, and after starting the engine he opened the glove compartment for some mints when he noticed a stick of lip balm that was hiding underneath some insurance papers. His ex-wife left it. 

"Andy, I can't do this anymore, all you do is work, you barely come home anymore, you've changed." 

"Is that why you slept with Marco behind my back?"

The room was then silent

"What? You think I wouldn't have figured it out by now"

"Andy I-"

"All I ever wanted to do was to work and earn money. I can then buy you a nice luxurious house, we can go on vacations whenever we wanted, we can get a boat and travel the seven seas, I wanted to do all of that with you when I have enough money, but you didn't have the patience, you stopped loving me. You stopped loving me just like... nevermind. Leave, go find Marco, I;ll have the office sent you divorce documents within a week."

"Andy listen to me" 

"No, Lily." 

Andys phone suddenly rang, it was from the office. 

"Sunbae, the prosecutor's office in Gangnam wants the files for case #A-SEO0122 sent over to them by the end of today"

Andy sighed, "Hojin, gather the forensics analyst report for it first and fax them to my home office, I'll wrap it up tonight and have it completed for them tomorrow." 

"I'll get that done right away, I also need your consultation for the recent bar assault case, we ran into a little hiccup" 

"Is it urgent? Fax the files to me too, I'll take a look when I have time." 

"Thank you, Sunbae"


Vita Bar 

Eric brought his team to the bar to arrest the thugs. 

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time." 

Detective Lee brought a pair of detectives upstairs to round up more people. 

"Detective Mun, what brings you into our humble little bar today?"

"We heard that Uncle Shen is rallying up his men to make a large move, word up here is that Vita is the main hub for the new illegal activities. We have a warrant and require to investigate further if you could please follow us, we would like to bring you in for questioning."

"I would love to Detective Mun, but as of 34 minutes ago, I am no longer the largest shareholder of Vita bar, you are looking for a new kid in town, Mr. Park. He goes by Jun Jin in these areas."

Eric scoffed.

"Damn it."

Eric, headed back to the office and created a new plan to find the new player. Maybe the prosecution office will have some detail.

"Hojin, hey this is Eric from the Jamsil police station, I'm calling in need of some information of a new group that has surfaced for my case, his name is Jun Jin."

"His name does sound familiar, I'll get back to you on that"

"Thank you."


Andy was in his home office finalizing a case report when he got another phone call from Hojin. 

"Sunbae, I'm sorry to disturb you, but Detective Mun said that this was urgent. Do we have any case files that relate to a man that goes by Jun Jin?"

Andy closed his folder. 

"Hojin, say that name again?"

"His last name is Park and his name around the triad is Jun Jin"

No, it couldn't be, was he referring to the same Jun Jin that Andy knew 19 years ago? No...

"I have not seen that name in any of my cases before, try asking prosecutor Kim" 

"Thank you"


Ryong's Chinese restaurant, 1999 

"Andy slow down, we are not in a war, you'll choke"

"I need to eat faster so I can finish my thesis"

Junjin took a tissue and wiped the corner of Andys lips that was smothered in sauce. 

"Here have my radish, I don't like radish."

"Thanks." 

Andy dipped a piece of meat in sauce and placed it into Junjins bowl

"Thanks." 

Junjin watched Andy devour his large bowl of noodles, he laughed when Andy chocked on a nice of noodle and it came flying out his nose, he helped the younger man pour a glass of water and giggled at the sight. 

"You're so cute" 

"Hyung, I'm a man, men are not cute, we are handsome, macho, uhm... Manly."

"I don't care. You're cute." 

"Hyung!"

"Our Andy is a cutie" 

"HYUNG!"

Andy was annoyed at the teasing, but he wasn't aware that he was laughing along with Junjin.