Part Two

Perfect Fit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where in the world did he run off to?  That's the question of the day for Jeon Jungkook.

 

When Jimin hadn't returned to the table after the ending lunch bell had rung, Jungkook decided to go look for him. He had promised all of his friends to be nicer to Jimin considering their situation or more along the lines of a situation he had put them both in. But Jungkook wasn't a bad person and on the contrary, he didn't think Jimin was either. What Jungkokok was doing wasn't intentional by any means, at least that's what he keeps telling himself. He had made it halfway down the hall when he immediately spotted the Jimin just as the older boy was emerging from the bathroom.

 

"What took you so long?" , that's not being nicer, Jungkook. Jungkook didn't mean for it to come out like that. It definitely sounded a bit rude but Jimin didn't seem to hear him as the older boy mindlessly walked straight into him just seconds later. 

 

"S-sorry," was the only thing Jimin could manage to get out at that moment. He was physically there but his head was somewhere far. It had taken five minutes after hearing Chaeyoung and her friends' conversation for him to regain his strength to make it to the bathroom before he broke down. And another five minutes after that before he became the shell he is now, aimlessly walking. He didn't even realize he ran into Jungkook until the younger boy spoke, chest rumbling against his nose. 

 

"I grabbed your things for you. Hey, are you okay? You don't look too good..." Jungkook peered down at Jimin, eyes rounded with concern as the older boy stumbled backward probably just now realizing that he had been pressed up against Jungkook's chest. He suddenly noticed how pale Jimin looked. Did he look like that earlier?  

 

"Um, thanks and I'm fine. Just, walk me to class?" It took a few seconds for Jimin to process what Jungkook had said. In all honestly, he didn't feel too good but he managed to pull off a small reassuring smile towards the younger boy who looked pretty unconvinced.

 

Jungkook nodded, agreeing to Jimin's request without saying anything further. Even though Jimin didn't look totally fine, he did just say he was fine so he should be fine, right?  Hesitantly, he turned around to walk Jimin to class thinking that the older boy would follow. But for some reason, Jimin didn't move from his spot and when Jungkook faced him once again, he was shocked to see that Jimin was looking straight at him with an unreadable expression in his eyes. What is going on? Is he okay? 

 

The hallway wasn't exactly empty at that moment, there were plenty of students roaming around trying to get back to their classes. Rowdy kids chattering about god knows what, playfully shoving each other into lockers, kids being kids and if Jungkook hadn't been looking directly at Jimin, he would have missed his name being called. 

 

“Jungkook,” Jimin needed to do this. He really wasn't feeling too good right now, it was a spur of the moment type of decision but he guessed that he needed to get it over with. Sooner rather than later.

 

There was something unnerving about the way Jimin looked. It was unnerving how he had said Jungkook's name, almost like a haunting whisper that made the younger boy's skin crawl. The next three words that came out of Jimin's mouth nearly made Jungkook's heart drop.

 

"Let's break up." Jimin hadn't and didn't seem to notice that the hallway wasn't exactly empty, that there were plenty of students roaming around trying to get back to their classes but at that exact moment, everyone seemed to stop and stare at him. What he had just said has caused a scene. 

 

"Wh-what? Break up? Why? Why would you..." It took the younger boy a few seconds to come up with something to say. Jungkook was beyond confused, not being able to comprehend why Jimin would say such a thing all of a sudden. It was so out of the blue and he couldn't come with what he could have done wrong in the past couple of minutes to make the older boy want to break up with him. He shouldn't be but he kind of felt betrayed.

 

Jimin was never the type to do something spontaneous but he didn't want to wait around for whatever excuses Jungkook had because he knew they'd all be lies at this point. He really wasn't feeling good. He needed to call his mom. He needed to go home. He needed to get away from there now, away from Jeon Jungkook. With every bit of energy he had left, he made a run for it.

 

"Hyung, wait!” It was the first time Jungkook had ever called the older boy 'hyung' with so much familiarity. He honestly didn't know why but it just felt right at that time. The younger boy had also somehow managed to grab a hold of Jimin's arm just as he had sprinted off, spinning the older boy around to face him now. What the is going on? 

 

“Listen, I don't understand why you want to break up all of a sudden. Weren't things going great between us? Please, don't do this to me Jimin hyung... I need you. I really do need you." As desperate as he sounded, Jungkook wasn't lying. He was telling the honest truth. He really did need Jimin even if it was in a messed up, selfish kind of way. 

 

Yes, it's messed up and selfish, Jungkook knows but he can't undo what's already been done. It was during a party about a week and a half ago, while playing truth or dare, Jungkook had revealed during an earlier round of his feelings for Park Chaeyoung when he had picked truth. Everything else after that was pretty uneventful until the last round when he had picked dare. Chaeyoung was chosen to give him a punishment, a dare. She had dared Jungkook to break Jimin's heart by going out with him for 2 weeks and then dumping him. It needed to be 2 full weeks, 14 days, no exception. In return, Jungkook would get to go out with her and be her boyfriend. He didn't really know why Chaeyoung had chosen Jimin out of all people (probably because everyone knew about Jimin's crush on him) but he was pretty drunk and had simply agreed. He had drunkenly promised to get the job done. Why? Because he's a stupid sixteen-year-old boy and the girl he likes suddenly said she'd be his girlfriend. And now? Jimin wants to break up with him when its only day 11. 

 

Jungkook knew what he was doing was wrong but he really wasn't a bad person. He was nice to Jimin from the start and a lot nicer now that his friends all scolded him to be even nicer. Jungkook still treated the older boy pretty well from his perspective. So them breaking up now, was not an option.

 

"Hyung, I really don't know what I did to make you want to end things but give me another chance. Please? At the very least give me the next 3 days to make it up to you, hm?" The more Jungkook thought about it, maybe he could do some more stuff with Jimin? Maybe do a date not at a cafe for once? He's not too sure. But he needs to get Jimin to at least stay with him for another 3 days.

 

Jimin tried and tried but failed miserably. Jungkook's vice grip on his arm was frighteningly strong. He couldn't move let alone run even if he wanted to at that moment. Jungkook looks and sounds so desperate, it broke something inside of Jimin. And in an instant, it hit him like a freight train going 200 miles per hour, derailing off its track. 3 days? Jungkook wants 3 days. It all adds up. 3 days will be the end of the promised 2 weeks. Everything Chaeyoung had said came crashing down on Jimin. He knows it's a huge mistake, knows that everything is a lie at this point. He knows he shouldn't but just looking at Jungkook's pleading doe eyes at that moment, Jimin couldn't say no. He realizes it then that Jungkook must really like Chaeyoung a lot for him to go through all of this.

 

"Okay." Jimin's voice came out so soft, it was barely audible. He knows he's naive to a fault but he was also selfish. Even if it was all a lie, a facade, he'll still make the most out of it. He'll give himself the best memories that he'll cherish for the rest of his life (however long that may be).

 

And with that, life goes on.

 

Every day, since they had first started 'going out' Jimin had always stayed up late to make Jungkook a bento box for lunch. And everyday Jungkook’s doe eyes would light up with excitement as he ate Jimin’s homemade food. He'd grumble, swatting all of his friends' hands away from the bento box Jimin packed just for him, not wanting to share what was his. Now with 3 days left, Jimin was determined to make all of Jungkook's favorite food.

 

On day 1 out of 3, the day after Jimin tried to break up with Jungkook, the younger boy had turned to look at Jimin giving him his huge adorable bunny smile while complimenting endlessly on how delicious the lamb skewers were. He even started to call Jimin 'hyung' more often after that. Jimin saw a drastic change, Jungkook was definitely trying harder to make him smile, to make him laugh. Even if it was all a lie, a facade, Jimin felt happy.

 

And with that, life goes on.

 

It was now the 14th day, 2 weeks had already seemingly passed. It was the last day Park Jimin would have with Jeon Jungkook. He had contemplated all day if he should just call or text Jungkook to say to the younger boy that he was now free from him. A part of Jimin also wondered if Jungkook would be the one to initiate their 'breakup' first. But nothing happened. Even at lunch that day, Jungkook was all smiles as he joyfully ate from Jimin’s homemade bento box like it was any other day. 

 

Jimin waited and waited. He hadn't been feeling too good these past few days so after getting home from school, he decided to take a little nap, making sure that his phone wasn't on s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter